'suspicious' man outside Derby County's training ground

minesahartington

2 minutes ago, Pub Breath said:

Well, if that were the case, i'd be more inclined to say fighting fire with fire.  Punch and counter punch.  Obviously outright fibbing shouldn't be encouraged but a little clever exaggeration in the eye of a storm (in a teacup) was probably fair game i'd say.

That's why it's interesting, though, isn't it. Definite mind games going off. 

Chris Wilder's comment was interesting about this aspect, but I can't seem to find it now...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, reveldevil said:

The most secure pitch from prying eyes would be the one to the right of the clubhouse, it's definitely lower than the changing area, and you always see them descending steps to the pitch on training video's, but I don't think that's the one they use, we'd lose far too many balls to the copse of trees with our passing!

I was at the academy for a bit when I was about 11 (2011/2012 season). The pitch you mention was used by our team, therefore it's too small to be used by the first team, unless it's been extended.

Fun fact: Robbie Savage once gave me a thumbs up from the clubhouse whilst I was training on that pitch.

8 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

As said previously, the most interesting thing about this incident is the way the two managers have handled it, and the general perception thereof.

Despite Frank being the aggrieved party, he has somehow managed to emerge as the one with the most egg on his face. 

Does it not intrigue you to understand how that has happened?

Have you heard yourself, egg on his face? Doesn't matter how much you keep coming on and trying to twist this into the agenda you and the Leeds fans desperately want to push, I think you will find that Frank has come out of this rather well and handled the incident professionally unlike some.

And we may have got our arses handed to us on Friday but I can tell you now, I'm a prouder fan to have Lampard in charge of my club than a man like Bielsa even if it does mean Championship football again next season.

3 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

And me, lets check the facts in case I've read it all wrong,

Leeds send a spy to our training session the day before we play them.

The guy is spoken to by the police at the scene who issue a statement that he is employed by Leeds United and let him go.

Leeds United admit that they had sent a spy

Leeds United owner officially apologises to Derby County's owner

Its Frank Lampard fault.

Have I missed owt?

Yes... Clearly....

You've missed the bit about why it's Frank's fault, and that is because a certain Mr R Keogh didn't tell Frank where to stand when being interviewed, how to react to the questions, and what words he was and wasn't allowed to use!

Case closed!

2 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I was at the academy for a bit when I was about 11 (2011/2012 season). The pitch you mention was used by our team, therefore it's too small to be used by the first team, unless it's been extended.

Fun fact: Robbie Savage once gave me a thumbs up from the clubhouse whilst I was training on that pitch.

That's why we sign shorter players now!

1 minute ago, David said:

Have you heard yourself, egg on his face? Doesn't matter how much you keep coming on and trying to twist this into the agenda you and the Leeds fans desperately want to push, I think you will find that Frank has come out of this rather well and handled the incident professionally  unlike some.

And we may have got our arses handed to us on Friday but I can tell you now, I'm a prouder fan to have Lampard in charge of my club than a man like Bielsa even if it does mean Championship football again next season.

I support Lampard, as should be obvious from my comments since we were first linked with him. 

Doesn't stop me thinking he's made himself look a tit over this. 

7 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

And me, lets check the facts in case I've read it all wrong,

Leeds send a spy to our training session the day before we play them.

The guy is spoken to by the police at the scene who issue a statement that he is employed by Leeds United and let him go.

Leeds United admit that they had sent a spy

Leeds United owner officially apologises to Derby County's owner

Its Frank Lampard fault.

Have I missed owt?

Not really, pretty much sums it up.

Really wouldn't waste your time on filling the gap between the apology and Lampard's fault, it's tripe that I wouldn't offend my dogs palate with.

28 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

That still doesn't explain how that information got from the person calling the police, via the police to the club, and hence to the outside world.

In that case, either the person raising the alarm made public what they had seen, or we are still left with the situation of the club releasing information which the police have seen fit to withhold. 

Either way, does it really matter?

25 minutes ago, Pub Breath said:

I'm still not sure I understand.  No arrests made.  No reports of criminality.  No talk of any investigation.  Yet you think they were withholding information because of a potential investigation.    Explain please because i'm confused?  What on earth is it that you think they would have been investigating?

Me thinking that this is a storm in a teacup and me being here are not two things that are unable to co-exist.

Oh my god you are boring me now.

I never said there was any arrest or investigation.

Do I have to repeat it again and again for you.

Please go back and look at what I ACTUALLY WROTE in response to someone asking a question.

Just now, BathRam72 said:

Either way, does it really matter?

It casts doubt on the veracity of the information, which in turn undermines the credibility of Frank's comments, particularly when combined with his comments about Chelsea.

It's down to personal opinion whether you think that matters or not. 

37 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

That still doesn't explain how that information got from the person calling the police, via the police to the club, and hence to the outside world.

In that case, either the person raising the alarm made public what they had seen, or we are still left with the situation of the club releasing information which the police have seen fit to withhold. 

A member of Derby County staff could have spotted the man in the bushes on his knees. Someone at the club contacted the police. The news of the man on his knees in the bushes finds its way to Frank, or.... Frank could have simply made it up.

But you've already made your mind up which it is.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A member of Derby County staff could have spotted the man in the bushes on his knees. Someone at the club contacted the police. The news of the man on his knees in the bushes finds its way to Frank, or.... Frank could have simply made it up.

But you've already made your mind up which it is.

Doh,,,, you forgot the pliers.

You will be in for it now!!!!

32 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Oh my god you are boring me now.

I never said there was any arrest or investigation.

Do I have to repeat it again and again for you.

Please go back and look at what I ACTUALLY WROTE in response to someone asking a question.

You said this:

If it is crucial evidence in an impeding case, then information might not be forthcoming until after any investigation.

So I hope I can be excused from thinking you believed that there was, was going to be or could be an investigation.  If you didn't, what was it that you did mean?

Also, not sure why you're getting so shirty.  It's only a discussion.   I merely asked you to explain what you meant.

2 minutes ago, Pub Breath said:

You said this:

So I hope I can be excused from thinking you believed that there was, was going to be or could be an investigation.  If you didn't, what was it that you did mean?

Also, not sure why you're getting so shirty.  It's only a discussion.   I merely asked you to explain what you meant.

If it is crucial evidence in an impeding case, then information might not be forthcoming until after any investigation.

I have highlighted the main points. At no point did I sat there was or will be an investigation.

I am not getting shirty, just frustrated at you asking the same question and me having to answer it over and over and over again.

I am finished responding to you now as I really get the feeling you are only here to wind people up.

So all the best, I hope your team does well. 

Archived