'suspicious' man outside Derby County's training ground

minesahartington

2 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Yep - he either needs removing or the thread needs closing

Seems to me that there are things to discuss which are of interest and relevant to Derby County, but you're probably right in that most won't do that, and the usual approach is to shut such conversations down. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Lambchop said:

Seems to me that there are things to discuss which are of interest and relevant to Derby County, but you're probably right in that most won't do that, and the usual approach is to shut such conversations down. 

I think Stive was referring to the fact that this guy just keeps asking the same question over and over even after several repeat replies in answer. Clearly shows he is on the wind up.

I for one have not shut down the conversation, I merely pointed out I am not responding to him any further as I am sick of repeating myself.

16 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

If it is crucial evidence in an impeding case, then information might not be forthcoming until after any investigation.

I have highlighted the main points. At no point did I sat there was or will be an investigation.

I am not getting shirty, just frustrated at you asking the same question and me having to answer it over and over and over again.

I am finished responding to you now as I really get the feeling you are only here to wind people up.

So all the best, I hope your team does well. 

Couldn't be further from the truth.  Enjoyed the chat, by and large.  You still haven't answered my question so you either don't understand it or don't wish to be pressed on it.  As we were then.

12 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I think Stive was referring to the fact that this guy just keeps asking the same question over and over even after several repeat replies in answer. Clearly shows he is on the wind up.

Yes that

I didn't intend to mean closing the thread as "shutting down debate" - just as a means to make him go away (he hasn't posted in any other thread)

Once he's given up and gone we can re-open and carry on saying how scummy Leeds are ?

23 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'd like to know why we are relying on trees of all things, for our perimeter protection and security.

Horrible things, trees!   What next... painting the bloody gates red!!!

Bring back de-forestation, and build a bloody wall Mel... and do it now! 

The locals will complain

3 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Yes that

I didn't intend to mean closing the thread as "shutting down debate" - just as a means to make him go away (he hasn't posted in any other thread)

Once he's given up and gone we can re-open and carry on saying how scummy Leeds are ?

I really won't lose any sleep if i'm removed but was enjoying the discussion and quite evidently was not on the wind up.  No mention of league positions, scorelines, financial positions or any of the other easy targets.  I'm not 12.  I came for a chat.  You're pretty easily wound up if my posts have you that bothered pal.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11715/11608155/efl-to-investigate-leeds-united-spy-at-derby-county-training-ground

The EFL have launched a formal investigation after Derby complained that Leeds United sent a 'spy' to the club's training ground last week.

The incident happened the day before the clubs met in the Sky Bet Championship, a game which Leeds won 2-0.

The EFL have now written to Leeds to "seek observations" after the club apologised to Derby County and issued a statement saying they will remind head coach Marcelo Bielsa of the club's principles of "integrity and honesty".

5 minutes ago, maxjam said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11715/11608155/efl-to-investigate-leeds-united-spy-at-derby-county-training-ground

The EFL have launched a formal investigation after Derby complained that Leeds United sent a 'spy' to the club's training ground last week.

The incident happened the day before the clubs met in the Sky Bet Championship, a game which Leeds won 2-0.

The EFL have now written to Leeds to "seek observations" after the club apologised to Derby County and issued a statement saying they will remind head coach Marcelo Bielsa of the club's principles of "integrity and honesty".

Points deduction or financial penalties?? Id take his blue bucket away. Thats gotta hurt. Its his lucky blue bucket. 

I find the reaction to this thing quite fascinating.

Originally when it first broke there was a lot of condemnation from Sky and others.

But as the days have gone by this has changed.

Ex players and managers like Chris Wilder and Poch standing up for Bielsa.

The majority of fans from other club seem to find the episode funny rather then shocking.

Journalists writing numerous articles in his defence and calling out the hypocrisy of the whole thing.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/01/14/marcelo-bielsa-broke-no-rules-spygate-footballs-moral-outrage/amp/

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/spygate-leeds-united-derby-county-marcelo-bielsa-frank-lampard/amp/

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-vs-derby-spygate-marcelo-bielsa-frank-lampard-cheating/amp/

Plenty of ex players some ex teammates of Frank including Gazza, Michael Owen and Gary Neville have dismissed it as a non event.

Of course with the AVB thing coming to light it put Frank in a difficult position,  anyone who once took tactical advice from a laundry basket is hard pressed to look totally innocent when preaching morals and the good integrity of the game.

"I certainly wasn't aware of it and I don't believe it at all," said Lampard.

"Certainly not in the form that it happened this time."

Bit awkward that response to questions about the Chelsea spying incident.

If you wernt aware of it how can you be certain what form it was in?

Anyways the whole debate has been really interesting imo, all sorts of good points and stuff and certainly more interesting then the usual stuff.

The EFL regulation that the issue relates to:

At this stage the EFL considers that the following Regulations are relevant to this particular issue:

(a)  Regulation 3.4 provides that:

“In all matters and transactions relating to The League each Club shall behave towards each other Club and The League with the utmost good faith…”

(b)  Regulation 21.  The EFL also considers it may be appropriate to take action against individuals, including the Manager, on the basis that Regulation 21 provides as follows:

“… all Officials and Players shall by virtue of their fulfilment of those roles be deemed to have given to The League:

21.2.1  an undertaking to The League not to bring The League or any Club, into disrepute;

21.2.2  an undertaking not to do anything or omit to do anything which will cause a Club to be in breach of the Laws of the Game, the Football Association Rules, these Regulations or the Articles of Association…”

3 minutes ago, Cjay said:

The majority of fans from other club seem to find the episode funny rather then shocking.

Journalists writing numerous articles in his defence and calling out the hypocrisy of the whole thing.

If this happened to media darlings like Man United or Liverpool they would be totally different in their coverage of it. Because it's only Derby it can be laughed off. 

Ex players and managers like Chris Wilder and Poch standing up for Bielsa.

Maybe they're guilty of it too?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/01/14/marcelo-bielsa-broke-no-rules-spygate-footballs-moral-outrage/amp/

If he clearly didn't break any rules, then the EFL wouldn't bother with an investigation, they would have simply dismissed it.

Plenty of ex players some ex teammates of Frank including Gazza, Michael Owen and Gary Neville have dismissed it as a non event.

Do they know exactly what happened? I don't and I'm sure most other people don't either.

Of course with the AVB thing coming to light it put Frank in a difficult position,  anyone who once took tactical advice from a laundry basket is hard pressed to look totally innocent when preaching morals and the good integrity of the game.

"I certainly wasn't aware of it and I don't believe it at all," said Lampard.

"Certainly not in the form that it happened this time."

Bit awkward that response to questions about the Chelsea spying incident.

If you wernt aware of it how can you be certain what form it was in?

Anyways the whole debate has been really interesting imo, all sorts of good points and stuff and certainly more interesting then the usual stuff.

All of this has been discussed over and over on the previous 40-odd pages

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

If this happened to media darlings like Man United or Liverpool they would be totally different in their coverage of it. Because it's only Derby it can be laughed off. 

even some of our own are dismissing it as unimportant!

Archived