'suspicious' man outside Derby County's training ground

minesahartington

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Kinell....is this thread still going?

Well it did slip down a few threads until you just bumped it up, anyway it’s only been 4 days, we’re still talking about Nigel Clough and he’s been gone 5 years!

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Kinell....is this thread still going?

Yes, apparently it’s all Derby’s fault after all. Bielsa is a lovely man, kind to animals and wants nothing more than to cure all known diseases and for everyone to live happily ever after.

Lampard is the true Satan for even daring to think Bielsa is a bit naughty.

Derby should be docked 20 points while Frank and Jody have to personally build heated bird watching hides all round the perimeter of Moor Farm.

The Leeds bank fest on this thread is a little bit sickening. They're not even close to as good as Wolves were last year, and were in crap form before they came up against us in even worse form. Their fans are just as plastic as ours. Their manager isn't a genius, he's a cheater. 

7 hours ago, rynny said:

Seen a few people say if he was watching from the road then it isn't an issue. The view from the road is this all around the training centre, so any one still think it isn't a big deal? 

Screenshot_20190114-122655.jpg

Having driven outside the whole boundary today, that's certainly not indicative of the overall view, even from the road you can see plenty of what's happening on some pitches.

7 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The red lines in the image below mark the public roads/bridleways. It would be possible to see some of the pitches from this boundary. As Bully just pointed out, the boundary is a 'solid' wall of bushes/trees.

Spy.thumb.JPG.30ee4bcd843c21186a80ca5774850cd1.JPG

From memory, and I stand to be corrected, the reverse L shaped-pitch in the top left is the replica Pride park pitch, and slightly uphill from the training ground, this can't be seen easily from the road.

The pitch directly between the academy building and the road can be, it had some dummies set up near the goalmouth when I went past.

The pitches below that can be clearly seen from the road, I saw some coaches on there setting up for the day.

The most secure pitch from prying eyes would be the one to the right of the clubhouse, it's definitely lower than the changing area, and you always see them descending steps to the pitch on training video's, but I don't think that's the one they use, we'd lose far too many balls to the copse of trees with our passing!

I reckon they use the bottom one, which is relatively exposed and easy to view.

Leeds fan in peace!

It's been very interesting reading all of your take on this and also watching the media circus that all this has generated. A few points really from a Leeds fan's point of view.

1) One of your posters likened this to a woman being touched up by a film producer and being told to shut up. It's really NOT comparable, not in any way, sense, shape or form, I do hope the majority of you guys know that!

2) It would have been better all round if this hadn't happened. That said, it has. I hope we just get a rap on the knuckles but given the FA and FL's record with us, there's no saying what might happen in terms of fallout.

3) Some have suggested that Bielsa intended his "spy" to be caught. I seriously doubt it. We have limited experience with him, but the guy's an honourable obsessive, two aspects of his personality that have probably clashed here to all our detriment. He doesn't leave any stone unturned in his quest for perfection. I think that's exactly how he's seen it and the subsequent reaction to all of this will have taken him by surprise, but he'd never have denied involvement in a million years. I expect he'll be (sadly) long gone from our club well before we're even near properly understanding him. 

4) This really has been blown up out of all proportion. From what I've read, your goalie said that training had been halted for a couple of minutes, but that was it and that they didn't know what was going on. That some folk in the media are calling for point deductions and a replay behind closed doors is mental. I also think that Sky have been pushing a huge agenda in this regard if you look at the contribution of all their pundits. No, it's not savoury, let's be honest, but there are vast amounts of other things in football equally, or more unsavoury that consistently go unmentioned. A true "moral panic" in football land. 

5) Your Frank has handled this really badly. He's managed to come over as a badly-done-to victim, as has your team, looking at the way they performed on Friday, when I'm certain there must have been a way to turn this to your club's advantage in a more productive way. He looked like he was going to start crying on interviews. I've no idea what's gone on there as I really liked him as a player and I understand that he's a clever guy. We played well on Friday, one of our best performances of the season, but that was assisted by your guys not really turning up at all and I was massively surprised by that. I thought you'd be at us all guns blazing and give us a real challenge as you doubtless have some very talented players and a much larger budget than us. I don't think for a second that was down to a guy in some bushes. If it was, something's seriously up.

6) Bielsa to us is like the second coming. We have had numerous horrendous, corrupt owners that have consistently screwed the club and fans for years.  They've appointed useless managers on the cheap (just look up Dave Hockaday for example) and we've had to tolerate additional crap from the authorities mostly in response to these owners and that has galvanised our support like you wouldn't believe. We finally have an incredible manager who has managed to turn a team of average players last season into a team that play football passionately for each other, no holds barred, no energy spared. Of course we're going to defend Bielsa to the absolute hilt. The guy's a genius.

Either Frank will learn or he won't, but he needs to do this quickly. You do have the fan base and resources so I've no doubt your time will come. I'm not certain it'll be this season though. As a Leeds fan I'm not certain this will be our season either but so far it's a hell of a ride and we have waited a long time for it. All the best guys xx

9 minutes ago, Alaw said:

Leeds fan in peace!

It's been very interesting reading all of your take on this and also watching the media circus that all this has generated. A few points really from a Leeds fan's point of view.

1) One of your posters likened this to a woman being touched up by a film producer and being told to shut up. It's really NOT comparable, not in any way, sense, shape or form, I do hope the majority of you guys know that!

2) It would have been better all round if this hadn't happened. That said, it has. I hope we just get a rap on the knuckles but given the FA and FL's record with us, there's no saying what might happen in terms of fallout.

3) Some have suggested that Bielsa intended his "spy" to be caught. I seriously doubt it. We have limited experience with him, but the guy's an honourable obsessive, two aspects of his personality that have probably clashed here to all our detriment. He doesn't leave any stone unturned in his quest for perfection. I think that's exactly how he's seen it and the subsequent reaction to all of this will have taken him by surprise, but he'd never have denied involvement in a million years. I expect he'll be (sadly) long gone from our club well before we're even near properly understanding him. 

4) This really has been blown up out of all proportion. From what I've read, your goalie said that training had been halted for a couple of minutes, but that was it and that they didn't know what was going on. That some folk in the media are calling for point deductions and a replay behind closed doors is mental. I also think that Sky have been pushing a huge agenda in this regard if you look at the contribution of all their pundits. No, it's not savoury, let's be honest, but there are vast amounts of other things in football equally, or more unsavoury that consistently go unmentioned. A true "moral panic" in football land. 

5) Your Frank has handled this really badly. He's managed to come over as a badly-done-to victim, as has your team, looking at the way they performed on Friday, when I'm certain there must have been a way to turn this to your club's advantage in a more productive way. He looked like he was going to start crying on interviews. I've no idea what's gone on there as I really liked him as a player and I understand that he's a clever guy. We played well on Friday, one of our best performances of the season, but that was assisted by your guys not really turning up at all and I was massively surprised by that. I thought you'd be at us all guns blazing and give us a real challenge as you doubtless have some very talented players and a much larger budget than us. I don't think for a second that was down to a guy in some bushes. If it was, something's seriously up.

6) Bielsa to us is like the second coming. We have had numerous horrendous, corrupt owners that have consistently screwed the club and fans for years.  They've appointed useless managers on the cheap (just look up Dave Hockaday for example) and we've had to tolerate additional crap from the authorities mostly in response to these owners and that has galvanised our support like you wouldn't believe. We finally have an incredible manager who has managed to turn a team of average players last season into a team that play football passionately for each other, no holds barred, no energy spared. Of course we're going to defend Bielsa to the absolute hilt. The guy's a genius.

Either Frank will learn or he won't, but he needs to do this quickly. You do have the fan base and resources so I've no doubt your time will come. I'm not certain it'll be this season though. As a Leeds fan I'm not certain this will be our season either but so far it's a hell of a ride and we have waited a long time for it. All the best guys xx

The main disappointment for me was our performance on Friday. I could see Leeds wanted to win everything. It felt like you had 3 extra men to us in every position. I think your spy may have picked up on some team selections but if our players had actually tried to win and battle we would have stood a chance.

9 minutes ago, Gritters said:

The main disappointment for me was our performance on Friday. I could see Leeds wanted to win everything. It felt like you had 3 extra men to us in every position. I think your spy may have picked up on some team selections but if our players had actually tried to win and battle we would have stood a chance.

I was extremely surprised at the gulf in difference as I thought we'd lose that game on the back of our recent performances. I'd be really surprised if our "spy" made much difference. We've had so many injuries with a very thin squad to start with, our options for team selection were very limited anyway.  Our main advantage was Cooper (CB) being fit again, so he was always going to play. We'd just had Pontus Jansson fit prior to this as the only fit senior CB and Kalvin Phillips (CDM) had been a fill-in at CB before being suspended. Most of us wanted to march Cooper out of the city least season but his transformation into a solid, classy ball-playing CB this season has been nothing short of miraculous. 

Your guys didn't fight, they just seemed to react in frustration. It'd be nice to believe that was purely just down to us being awesome, but it wasn't. There was a bit of that but you just didn't look up for it and whether that's down to squad character overall I don't know, you'd know that better than I. That's the part you need to sort out. I just really hope we can keep that aspect of our game going.

Archived