'suspicious' man outside Derby County's training ground

minesahartington

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, David said:

If this was the other way round, our fans would also be in uproar, look at the comments which were made when the Mel drone stories came out in the tabloids, he was getting crucified for it despite being a load of balls. And this reported "spying" was his own club!

Imagine had we sent someone to spy up at Leeds training ground this week, the club, Mel, Frank, would be getting absolutely hammered today for it, this forum, social media in utter meltdown.

As it's Leeds though, some are playing this down, brushing it off as no big deal. I don't get it. 

In a game of fine margins, just one piece of information seen ahead of the game could be enough to change the result tonight.

For those that are brushing it off as no big deal and no advantage to be had, ask yourself one question, why does Bielsa do it?

The man they call a genius, obsessed with the game. Why?

Fully expect Leeds fans to laugh this off, play it down, defend their club, not ours.

Well said. The League and FA have to nip this in the bud.

You could argue that they should award us the match, but the difficulty with that is it might not be directly related to a fixture if another club is found guilty of doing something similar in future. In which case perhaps a points deduction for Leeds might be better. But then Derby are penalized if they beat us.

Interested to see how it unfolds. It is quite shocking behaviour on their part.

The issue, in terms of any possible punishment, is that it’s impossible to know what advantage Leeds have gained. Unless there’s a little folder of notes of everything they’ve found, you just don’t know what they’ve gained from it. They technically could’ve been spying all week, or in previous games, but have only just been caught, then it becomes a completely different issue.

If we win tonight it’s probably, rightly or wrongly, brushed under the carpet. No benefit from it - don’t do it again. If we lose I expect we would make a formal complaint then it’s up to the EFL/FA to decide what to do. As there’s not been any publicised cases of this in English football, there’s not really a benchmark of punishment.

1 hour ago, StivePesley said:

any new free kick or corner routines that we were working on - that would be a significant advantage if they knew what they were in advance yeah?

Frank could have gone to our training ground, given each of our players a copy of his set piece notes, spent 3 hours explaining them to the group, then another 1/2 hour explaining them to each player individually.

You'd probably still score from a corner.

New England Patriots Bill Belichick was fined $500k for recording the opposition in the US and the Patriots lost their first draft pick. All joking aside, I think this is pretty serious, underhand stuff and Leeds should be suitably punished. Formations and team selections are likely to be tested in the days before a game and this would give a major tactical edge to Leeds. Sending an employee to essentially break and enter is utterly lamentable and I would be thoroughly ashamed if Derby did this. 

Throw the book at them. 

32 minutes ago, I Am Sheep said:

I don't think this needs anything more than a public apology from Leeds then be done with it tbf.

So........how many more times have they done this over this season so far, how many points have they gained through it ? When asked have you done this before they are bound to say NO ! .......I won't believe a word of it.........my memory goes WAY back and I despise their tactics.........THROW THE BOOK AT THEM , DONT BE LENIENT !

NWell I think it’s great fun. Hardly earth shaking that opponent tries to get inside info on how we are playing, training, setting up.

Assuming there was no trespass, no one hurt or corrupted then .. bring it on. I hope we have secret departments like DE 5 and De 6 with 00 agents, watches with garott wires, laser pens and a beretta. We have a Martin but it’s a Chris rather than an Aston and it’s away at the dealers at the moment, getting a new ejector seat fitted. 

Meanwhile .. 0014 has his licence to kill .. COYR .. My name is Marriott, Jack Marriott 

Interesting fact Rosa Kleb with predictive text comes out as Rosa Kleenex 

right, bought my Now TV pass, stew in oven, wine glass full, Locked and loaded, i’d Love it we beat them. 

a) As someone said earlier, can’t believe this is their first time doing this. They wouldn’t do it if they didn’t expect to gain advantage from it

b) They’ve instructed someone on their payroll to cheat and to trespass

c) It disrupted our training session the day before a big match

d) can you imagine the uproar if this happened to Man Utd or Chelsea?

Same old dirty Leeds, just a different method of cheating.

Archived