Watchable telly

dog

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Just on episode 5 of “Ferry, the series” on Netflix about drugs manufacturing in the Netherlands. 

It hasn’t reached the heights of Subara or Gomorrah yet and the Dutch language is a bit harsher on the ear than Italian but I’m enjoying it.

Isn't that a spin off series? That character was in another Dutch series about two cops going undercover that I think originally was based on true events around e smuggling. 

First season was ok but the second was terrible. 

16 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Isn't that a spin off series? That character was in another Dutch series about two cops going undercover that I think originally was based on true events around e smuggling. 

Apparently, it's a prequal to "Undercover" and a sequel to the film "Ferry". I've not seen either of these so I can't comment.

12 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Was it these fellas?

https://youtu.be/IRfluaMKoOY?si=BKJ4qm4CyNOw2e0F

Edited by Crewton

12 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Yeah - we watched Season One of Undercover and thought it was OK. Enjoyed it enough to watch Season Two, but agree it got a bit ridiculous. Hence we haven't ever bothered watching Season Three (where the main Undercover cop and Ferry fortuitously end up working on a case together?!).

Toyed with the idea of watching the Ferry film, but realised he wasn't that good a character. Didn't realise he now had his own series. I guess it must be a popular show in Holland to have spawned all of these spin-offs, sequels and prequels

At the moment we're watching Wanted on Netflix (a kind of Thelma and Louise buddy/road movie about two women who get accidentally caught up in a bent cop/drug op gone bad). Same deal really - first season was decent, second season started to get a bit silly and now we're nearly at the end of season three (the final one thankfully) and you're like "oh what a surprise, these hapless women have yet AGAIN escaped from police custody due to some freakish turn of events". Always sad when good shows outstay their welcome

The Atom and Us...on PBS

A fascinating insight on Nuclear Power, Tony Benn in the 70s when in Japan was asked by a Japanese Politician..."how is the fire in Windscale" Benn looks puzzled and asks his staff...what's he on about, Ah yes Tony...there was a fire in Windscale Nuclear Plant...but we didn't want to bother you 😂

No spoilers from me...but worth the 70mins watching Natural World What GIF by BBC Earth

Yes I know it's been done to death, There's been conspiracy theories for 60 years...but but but...this ones a little different with lots of declassified documents.

JFK Revisited-Through The Looking Glass, Sky showcase...2.19mins

Watch it if you dare 😁

34 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Yes I know it's been done to death, There's been conspiracy theories for 60 years...but but but...this ones a little different with lots of declassified documents.

JFK Revisited-Through The Looking Glass, Sky showcase...2.19mins

Watch it if you dare 😁

JFK from a different timeline did it - and Lister still didn't get a curry.

Anyone watching Boat Story on BBC iplayer - not sure about the weird narration thing going on, but getting used to it. A LOT of fairly unexpected violence too, so probably not for those of a nervous disposition

Daisy Haggard is excellent as ever, as is Paterson Joseph (although I keep expecting him to go full Johnson out of Peep Show)

And episode one has an excellent Whippet in it 😂

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

Anyone watching Boat Story on BBC iplayer - not sure about the weird narration thing going on, but getting used to it. A LOT of fairly unexpected violence too, so probably not for those of a nervous disposition

Daisy Haggard is excellent as ever, as is Paterson Joseph (although I keep expecting him to go full Johnson out of Peep Show)

It's a cosy crime caper, directed by a wannabee Tarantino. 

I like it.

2 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Yes. I’ve watched all the episodes. Somewhat unusual but I enjoyed it.