Watchable telly

dog

10 hours ago, Rev said:

Anyone else been killing time waiting for Happy Valley?

I've watched every show in this series twice so far.

Yeah, redone it all as my wife didn't see it first time around. I'd forgotten just how harrowing the conclusion to series two is. Sarah Lancashire is just a thing of wonder to watch as well - it is a role that would be so easy to just completely over do and ham it up but she knows exactly how to move the meter, when, and in what direction. I do admit, I almost find it distracting - a bit like watching Messi when you realise you're not actually watching the game. Not complaining though, love it.

13 hours ago, Rev said:

Anyone else been killing time waiting for Happy Valley?

I've watched every show in this series twice so far.

I'sd not seen season 2 as it wasn't shown in the US. SO we went back and watched 1 again and then 2.

I thought 2 was better than 1, we really enjoyed it. The first one went a bit soap operaish at the end and felt like it was padded out.

We're 3 into this last season and it's good.

Sarah Derbyshire really is outstanding in it.

56 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I'sd not seen season 2 as it wasn't shown in the US. SO we went back and watched 1 again and then 2.

I thought 2 was better than 1, we really enjoyed it. The first one went a bit soap operaish at the end and felt like it was padded out.

We're 3 into this last season and it's good.

Sarah Derbyshire really is outstanding in it.

We're claiming her, are we?

On 06/01/2023 at 09:52, ketteringram said:

Kaleidoscope, on Netflix. Anyone else watching this? It's the one you can watch in any order. I watched Red, then Pink. Loved it so far . Stars Giancarlo Esposito (Gus Fring) 

Watched 2 episodes so far and enjoying it, but the idea that it's just as entertaining to watch in any order messes with my head a bit. Indeed I've seen some people say that watching the episode after the heist first is far too confusing as you don't know any of the characters, or what they are doing

I know it's hardly unusual for episodic drama to have non-linear timelines and flashback episodes, but usually these are done with great care and for a reason. 

I'm already looking at the remaining episodes and thinking that I might just watch them in chronological order anyway

21 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Watched 2 episodes so far and enjoying it, but the idea that it's just as entertaining to watch in any order messes with my head a bit. Indeed I've seen some people say that watching the episode after the heist first is far too confusing as you don't know any of the characters, or what they are doing

I know it's hardly unusual for episodic drama to have non-linear timelines and flashback episodes, but usually these are done with great care and for a reason. 

I'm already looking at the remaining episodes and thinking that I might just watch them in chronological order anyway

Watch them in chronological order, and save the disappointment to last ?

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Lockwood and co on Netflix looks to be a very good prospect,I've watched the first episode and it's excellent.

Produced and directed by Joe Cornish (attack the block and Adam and Joe fame),it's a decent watch

We sat and watched this all the way through last Saturday. We found it highly entertaining.

Anyone had a problem with ITVX?

A few times now when we've tried to watch things, we've had sound but no picture. For the first time, last night, the picture disappeared after an ad-break two thirds of the way through a programme and we couldn't get it back. This hasn't happened with any other streaming service, nor with the old ITV Player.

Any clues or ideas of how to fix would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Won't be able to binge watch it until Feb 19th

*sigh

Why the 19th?

I thought there were 10 episodes and it's only up to 3.

I hope you're right because I can then stop paying for Paramount and take Sky up on their 1 month free movies offer that includes Paramount and get to see them all.

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

Why the 19th?

I thought there were 10 episodes and it's only up to 3.

I hope you're right because I can then stop paying for Paramount and take Sky up on their 1 month free movies offer that includes Paramount and get to see them all.

It's not infallible but IMDB shows the last episode of S02 airing that night.

As S3 is out, we went back and re-watched Happy Valley S1 & S2.

Then this week, now S3 is done* we got straight into that (2x E's per night was the plan)..

*Imagine our surprise then**, last night, when we went to go straight from E5 to E6, that there was no E6!  ?
A quick Google shows that's actually not on until tomorrow (Not last Sunday, as Muckerette thought). ?
It's very rare I watch any TV... and even rarer that I actually enjoy it as much as I have with Happy Valley... so when she manages to cajole me into it, I have to do it in mini-binges, otherwise I lose interest.

I've a good mind to deliberately miss the last episode, just to prove a point, and make Muckerette realise just how bloody frustrated I was last night!  I've already enquired as to how she intends to make it up to me! ?

** Grr!  Rage!  etc.   ?