Watchable telly

dog

45 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Must have been quite poignant for you?  Hope everything is looking up for you.

Well, yes. Laughed and cried at it, to be honest.

I'm doing bloody well i-Ram, thanks. Nowt wrong with me that couldn't be fixed by a quiet afternoon session down the pub, a walk through the white peak and a solid 2-0 home win.

5 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Anyone watching Normal people on BBC?

Very very slow and each episode is drawn out, but its compelling viewing. 

Superb acting by the 2 main characters. 

Yes, raised this myself in an earlier post.

Biggest ever show for BBC3.

Great performances from the two main protagonists, both of whom are set for stardom.

It is slow but it’s also a beautiful work on the pain of love.

On 06/05/2020 at 10:55, ramsbottom said:

You reached ep 5 yet???

Kristen Bell Omg GIF by The Good Place

Watched it last night. WTF brilliant, proper gory. Didn’t have a clue who that mob where and I even felt sorry for the Pikey in the end. Hard as nails he was. 

Sith Happens
On 07/05/2020 at 18:00, Needlesh said:

After Life. Recommend it.

brilliant tv. laughing out loud one moment and feeling like crying out loud the next.

my only issues were I felt the postman stuff went a bit far this season and not keen on the therapist character 

7 hours ago, Paul71 said:

brilliant tv. laughing out loud one moment and feeling like crying out loud the next.

my only issues were I felt the postman stuff went a bit far this season and not keen on the therapist character 

I LOVE the therapist, had me laughing out loud.

Let's go to  the pub, have 5 pints, drop an e and then do some barmaid down an alley.

What therapist hasn't said that to a client at some point?

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

I LOVE the therapist, had me laughing out loud.

Let's go to  the pub, have 5 pints, drop an e and then do some barmaid down an alley.

What therapist hasn't said that to a client at some point?

I found much of it to be very realistic, but the scene in the last episode in the pub was farcical really for me.

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I found much of it to be very realistic, but the scene in the last episode in the pub was farcical really for me.

So it was realistic he had a hi-def recording (some going back years) of every pertinent scene from their relationship?

Very little about it from the postman to the other journalists to the sex worker to the woman always at her husband's grave offering profound advice at the right time to the yoga teacher slurping tea etc was realistic.

It was all utter fantasy.

It was still brilliant though.

Sith Happens
Just now, Bob The Badger said:

So it was realistic he had a hi-def recording (some going back years) of every pertinent scene from their relationship?

Very little about it from the postman to the other journalists to the sex worker to the woman always at her husband's grave offering profound advice at the right time to the yoga teacher slurping tea etc was realistic.

It was all utter fantasy.

It was still brilliant though.

I get that, I'm talking about the raw emotion that was realistic. the episode that ended with him watching video and the screen went blank and he said something like I've never seen you look so beautiful,  had me. 

anyway I have video going back to the start of my relationship,  although it's not all hd, and some of it my wife would kill me if I shared ?

Couple of suggestions if you are missing the football. 

BBC scotland are doing some decent documentaries at the moment. 

If you have sky, search for 'view from the terrace' 'the wee films'.  Short 5 min films on various aspects regarding people / clubs / fans that youve never heard of. Heart and soul of grass roots football. 

Also on BBC scotland via sky search for 'Return to Real Kashmir'. Its on Thursday. 

The 1st documentary was on a year ago and it features David Robertson ex Aberdeen, Rangers, Leeds full back as he manages Real Kashmir in the Indian premier league. It will open your eyes.

Possibly not child friendly, Davie likes a swear word......