V Sheffield United (a) match day thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor 2nd half. There are so many dull theories about why we haven't won the league yet. You aren't going to get promoted when you can't defend crosses or basic bouncing punts upfield.

Exciting game, shame we couldn't carry on after the goal. In hindsight, we should have been stopping them getting the ball out of the net.

6 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

A lot of criticism for the defence (yes they were poor) but the midfield was equally problematic.

We really need to sort the midfield out as it’s the source of a lot of our problems.

The other major issue is the lack of movement and bravery on the ball. By the last 20 mins all the players were just stood looking at each other.

Weve gone from a high pressing quick passing team to a slow and lethargic team lacking confidence and motivation 

Our midfield is shocking, that’s where the big problem is. That and someone who holds the ball in their half. Stop the ball constantly coming back at us and we will concede less and score more. A playmaker (either striker or midfielder) and a DM for me.

4 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Best player on the pitch today for me. Weird how we all see it. 

Only player in the team with a set of balls. 

I’d say him and Marriott, Keogh is the only player who moves to receive a pass and drives forward to create space.

Marriott had very little to work with but kept showing and working hard

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I don’t want to say too much about that game, but not our best showing.

It’s quite clearly a rebuild job, so you can put this season on ‘go on holiday’ mode for me. Try and enjoy the wins, don’t worry too much about the losses. Enjoy Christmas. 

Such a boring, sensibly written post. 

3 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Explain to me in what way is Keogh not good enough please 

He can't head properly, he can't kick properly, his awareness and positioning are both terrible, he's always sliding in/selling himself, I can't speak for other players but they can't have much confidence playing next to him, we've not progressed an inch in the 300 (how?) Games he's played. Even his hair is poo. Enough or shall I carry on?

5 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Explain to me in what way is Keogh not good enough please 

If we’re gunning for keogh then can We have the same conversation about tomori, he was shocking today 

and not for the first time,

when play is ahead of him, and the he’s ok ... ish, but the minute balls come into the box he switches off, loses his man and ends up in no mans land

he’s starting to put together quite a back catalogue of hapless defending  quite honestly  

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I don’t want to say too much about that game, but not our best showing.

It’s quite clearly a rebuild job, so you can put this season on ‘go on holiday’ mode for me. Try and enjoy the wins, don’t worry too much about the losses. Enjoy Christmas. 

Although, if it's a rebuild job this season, why do we have so many loan players. Whatever we are building, it won't be on Wilson, Mount and Tomori.

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Exactly. I really despair for those who think he was poor. He was very good.

How? We’ve just been beat 3-1 and a CB was very good??? Jesus Christ  

Yep Don Goodman your a disgrace after 9 replays I showed my 9 year old with no sound on the so called penalty moment and he said nothing happened. Sky TV have a look at yourself. Come to think of it, Don you could have played for us and done more than our midfield did.

Mel, Frank anyone that matters, I've said it for years until you sign anyone that can get stuck in, in midfield, win a ball, keep a ball and pass it when it matters (therefore not Bradley) and instill some proper aggression (therefore not Bradley) in our team, then we ain't going to beat Sheff Utd away or get enough points for promotion. We need a Roy Keane type of player, but unfortunately Craig Bryson was more like Alan Carr without the rubbish gags today, didn't even look bothered about getting stuck in.

And I don't need to read the threads above me or the one's to follow this to work that one out.

Derby County they always turn me to drink, it"s a complete wonder there's not more alcoholics amongst our fanbase.

I need music and drink. Unfortunately there's too many folk at dcfc that will need a little time to think it over........once again.

Archived