V Sheffield United (a) match day thread

RiddingsRam

Don't let's get too worked up over this. I think many of our problems stem from not having a confident, inspirational leader who is rock solid in defence. It all seems to fall apart after a costly mistake and we need someone on the pitch to calm it all down. The match got wild, ill disciplined and sloppy. Sorry to say it but Keogh is not a leader. Also we really must capitalize on being clearly in control for the opening 20 minutes.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It shows the areas we're weak in. RB we need competition for Bogle, CB needs another addition to provide competition for Tomori and Keogh, because Pearce won't be put in unless of an injury crisis. We're desperate for a proper holding midfielder, and a box to box midfielder who can actually put a tackle in. I know this isn't possible, but I'd love Chris Martin back to actually give us a player who can keep the bloody ball, Nugent isn't even a good option off the bench.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

His error was critical because it knocked all the wind out of our sails at the worst possible time, just before half time. 

His distribution is what annoys me most. You can almost guarantee that when he’s got the ball they’ll be a turnover in Possesion. That is a massive, massive, massive problem. One that can’t continue, it really is devastating for us building any momentum. Either he gets better or he’s replaced imo.

Speaking of which, we also concede possession far too much from throw ins. These are the little things that add up to to why we’ve become a shambles recently.

Just now, deanoakaram4life said:

Keogh and Bryson not good enough, they may love the club but can't continue to churn out this dross! No room for sentiment in football.

Best player on the pitch today for me. Weird how we all see it. 

Only player in the team with a set of balls. 

10 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

we looked decent at times during the first half, and could have been ahead were it not for some shocking decision making from mount and some absurd offside calls against marriott

Sheff U got a lot of borderline decisions, but they’ll still whinge about how the ref was somehow against them. Love a whinge more than a win!

12 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Didn’t want to say it before the game in case Bryson had a stormer but he really is poor. Oh and to those who say he was a key member of the Cardiff squad that got promoted? He played in less than half of their games.

6 minutes ago, SKRam said:

The claims of a pen by commentators was embarrassing along with lino and ref who lacked his tackle again 

Every time they showed our goal Don Goodman insisted on saying it was after the penalty incident? No Incident it wasn’t a penalty so why sully Wilson’s magic? ????

1 minute ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Best player on the pitch today for me. Weird how we all see it. 

Only player in the team with a set of balls. 

Keogh and Huddlestone only two for me. A few others not horrible, but those two genuinely played well in a pretty dour team performance. 

A lot of criticism for the defence (yes they were poor) but the midfield was equally problematic.

We really need to sort the midfield out as it’s the source of a lot of our problems.

The other major issue is the lack of movement and bravery on the ball. By the last 20 mins all the players were just stood looking at each other.

Weve gone from a high pressing quick passing team to a slow and lethargic team lacking confidence and motivation 

4 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Keogh and Bryson not good enough, they may love the club but can't continue to churn out this dross! No room for sentiment in football.

Absolutely, we will never ever get anywhere with Keogh. That twit on talksport was right all those years ago, time to move on...:

2 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Explain to me in what way is Keogh not good enough please 

Far too easy to blame Keogh, made a few inconsequential errors whilst others made mistakes that cost us goals. Thought Carson should have done far better with the first two, shouldn’t be losing headers to Billy Sharp in the first place, etcetera 

Archived