Jump to content
Arsene Titman

Andy King - Signed on Loan

Recommended Posts

If we are looking to strengthen midfield I'd rather we look at someone like Danny Drinkwater who can influence play more. King has always struck me as being similar to Bryson. We might have difficulty getting Drinkwater in on loan - wouldn't be surprised to see 3 or 4 lower Premier League clubs showing interest - West Ham amongst them.

Drinkwater or Barry Bannan for a midfield slot if that's what the manager is looking for.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

If we are looking to strengthen midfield I'd rather we look at someone like Danny Drinkwater who can influence play more. King has always struck me as being similar to Bryson. We might have difficulty getting Drinkwater in on loan - wouldn't be surprised to see 3 or 4 lower Premier League clubs showing interest - West Ham amongst them.

Drinkwater or Barry Bannan for a midfield slot if that's what the manager is looking for.

£35m Drinkwater? 

I can only imagine the wages he's being paid not to play.

Share this post


Link to post

Was an apprentice at Chelsea during Frank's time there.

Was due to join Swansea in summer, but after they got relegated they couldn't afford him. 

Permanent deal to several teams has been apparently hampered by a bumper contract he signed until 2020 after Leicester won the league.

Still, an honest, decent, hard working pro from what I've seen, and might help us keep a settled midfield 3 for the rest of the season.  Thought his scoring record was better than it is.  

Share this post


Link to post

We don’t need someone to completely revolutionise our midfield, we just need someone to do a job next to Mount and let him shine a bit. 

I don’t think you could find two more talented midfielders in this division than Huddlestone and Mount but they havent played to their potential this season because they’ve never really had anyone up to standard next to them. Bryson has games where he steps up but he’s spent most of this season looking his age. He’s not cut out for playing twice a week at this point.

Don’t need a playmaker or a magician, just need a solid option to do Mount’s dirty work and King completely fits the bill.

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

We don’t need someone to completely revolutionise our midfield, we just need someone to do a job next to Mount and let him shine a bit. 

I don’t think you could find two more talented midfielders in this division than Huddlestone and Mount but they havent played to their potential this season because they’ve never really had anyone up to standard next to them. Bryson has games where he steps up but he’s spent most of this season looking his age. He’s not cut out for playing twice a week at this point.

Don’t need a playmaker or a magician, just need a solid option to do Mount’s dirty work and King completely fits the bill.

Yep all comes down to what frank wants him to do in midfield and who he plays him with ,, balance is the key to midfield and it’s a hard thing to get ,happy to trust frank on this one 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, David said:

Will know Nugent and Waghorn as well, few years together at Leicester 

Sometimes the links to players who have played together at former clubs makes me laugh, just because they were at a club together doesn't mean they got on or were mates. They could of disliked each other  for all we know.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Sometimes the links to players who have played together at former clubs makes me laugh, just because they were at a club together doesn't mean they got on or were mates. They could of disliked each other  for all we know.

It's more a case of how easy it will be to settle at a new club, having familiar faces (6 in King's case) can only help, especially at this stage of a season when you dont want to cause too much disruption in the dressing room

Edited by DCFC1388

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

 

Looks likely then, not convinced fer will leave given he’ll likely demand big wages as well. Can’t say I’m too enamoured but like I say he’s decent enough, just not really much of an upgrade. Another option but can’t help but feel we needed someone special and hughesque alongside Mount more than anything.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

It's more a case of how easy it will be to settle at a new club, having familiar faces (6 in King's case) can only help, especially at this stage of a season when you dont want to cause too much disruption in the dressing room

How much game time has he had this season? He’s a very good player at this level but we haven’t got the luxury of playing him into fitness if he’s not match fit. 

Share this post


Link to post

Always thought he was a decent pro to be fair. We've banged on about our midfield balance (or lack of it) all year and King would seem a good fit on that basis, but then what do I know? Guess we place our trust in Frank again. If he's keen then that's good enough for me, I suppose. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.