Andy King - Signed on Loan

Arsene Titman

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we are looking to strengthen midfield I'd rather we look at someone like Danny Drinkwater who can influence play more. King has always struck me as being similar to Bryson. We might have difficulty getting Drinkwater in on loan - wouldn't be surprised to see 3 or 4 lower Premier League clubs showing interest - West Ham amongst them.

Drinkwater or Barry Bannan for a midfield slot if that's what the manager is looking for.

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

If we are looking to strengthen midfield I'd rather we look at someone like Danny Drinkwater who can influence play more. King has always struck me as being similar to Bryson. We might have difficulty getting Drinkwater in on loan - wouldn't be surprised to see 3 or 4 lower Premier League clubs showing interest - West Ham amongst them.

Drinkwater or Barry Bannan for a midfield slot if that's what the manager is looking for.

£35m Drinkwater? 

I can only imagine the wages he's being paid not to play.

Was an apprentice at Chelsea during Frank's time there.

Was due to join Swansea in summer, but after they got relegated they couldn't afford him. 

Permanent deal to several teams has been apparently hampered by a bumper contract he signed until 2020 after Leicester won the league.

Still, an honest, decent, hard working pro from what I've seen, and might help us keep a settled midfield 3 for the rest of the season.  Thought his scoring record was better than it is.  

We don’t need someone to completely revolutionise our midfield, we just need someone to do a job next to Mount and let him shine a bit. 

I don’t think you could find two more talented midfielders in this division than Huddlestone and Mount but they havent played to their potential this season because they’ve never really had anyone up to standard next to them. Bryson has games where he steps up but he’s spent most of this season looking his age. He’s not cut out for playing twice a week at this point.

Don’t need a playmaker or a magician, just need a solid option to do Mount’s dirty work and King completely fits the bill.

34 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

We don’t need someone to completely revolutionise our midfield, we just need someone to do a job next to Mount and let him shine a bit. 

I don’t think you could find two more talented midfielders in this division than Huddlestone and Mount but they havent played to their potential this season because they’ve never really had anyone up to standard next to them. Bryson has games where he steps up but he’s spent most of this season looking his age. He’s not cut out for playing twice a week at this point.

Don’t need a playmaker or a magician, just need a solid option to do Mount’s dirty work and King completely fits the bill.

Yep all comes down to what frank wants him to do in midfield and who he plays him with ,, balance is the key to midfield and it’s a hard thing to get ,happy to trust frank on this one 

1 hour ago, David said:

Will know Nugent and Waghorn as well, few years together at Leicester 

Sometimes the links to players who have played together at former clubs makes me laugh, just because they were at a club together doesn't mean they got on or were mates. They could of disliked each other  for all we know.

Archived