v Wigan (a) match day thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top goal by Jack from a cross slightly behind him - Bogle targetted by Wigan early on so great to see a bit more confidence from him going forward - Frank needs to protect Wilson from himself, take him off if we get a second ?, - Gibson done a good job for Wigan since he came on. We need to be careful here

I often feel like Tom Lawrence's attempts at passing are akin to a teenager making poo coffee on purpose so they don't get asked to do it again.

This is frustrating. It's identical to the Swansea game in that it's 90% orgasmic and 10% utterly fooking stupidity. 

I mean take their free kick just before HT. Completely avoidable if 1)Bryson doesn't try to head a ball on under no pressure (like he always does) and brings it down (like he never does). I've never seen it work since you signed mate. You head it directly up and then have to compete for an aerial battle. You'd be better off leaving it. 2) He's running away and Marriott is all over him. He's out of options and facing the wrong way... hmm, I wonder what he'll do if you touch him from behind when you can't possibly see the ball.

So for all that good play you give a FK on the edge of the box. Stupid.

And previously Bogle had lost the ball in a stupid place too trying to beat his man. He's played well. He's had plenty of opportunity to beat his man and that wasn't one of them. He exposed us. Stupid

Just like Swansea where after an hour we started doing very dumb things and handed them momentum. 

It's more frustrating than playing badly. Because we are clearly playing well. Things are coming off for us. But pure stupidity will cost us and that's worse than a genuine error.

And Tom Lawrence.... don't put the Ronaldo posters back on your wall.

Oh, another moment of stupidity was a terrible Malone hoof. Went nowhere. But he was guilty last week of part of the hoofing that invited Swansea to the last 25mins. 

Just can't switch off and admire our own brilliance when we are playing very well. Which we are by the way. Good half.

Just now, LazloW said:

Are you seeing it live or basing it on Radio Derby?  Not saying he isn't crap, but I take everything RD say with a titantic size pinch of salt.  

I'm watching and can confirm. 

Well, maybe not crap - that might be harsh, but he's added nothing so far.

Archived