Tom Lawrence

Ovine_Interferer

Got to say that at this moment in time, TL is looking extremely lightweight, especially when thrown in against heavyweight teams like them down the A50.

He seems to flit in and out of games (mostly out) and, although can be dangerous, just isn't in any way consistent yet.

I might be wrong, but surely there's some "motivational" magic that needs to be worked on him?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I think the issue is that both he and Wilson are 'luxury' players who will bring occasional moments of magic but who for the remainder of the game are ineffectual and lightweight.

We can perhaps only afford to play  one of them.

True enough but based on work rate alone, that "one" should be Wilson every time, Shirley surely?

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I think the issue is that both he and Wilson are 'luxury' players who will bring occasional moments of magic but who for the remainder of the game are ineffectual and lightweight.

We can perhaps only afford to play  one of them.

That's what Rowett football would do

Players like Lawrence are an enigma. Brilliant and frustrating in equal measure. Tom Ince was the same, difference with Ince is he got goals and some assists whereas Tom hasn’t delivered the end product so much..........until this season.

I think we should back him, great skill loads of pace, one of the scariest players in this division on his day.

32 minutes ago, sage said:

How he irritates me. Some nice touches and decent free kick but makes so many basic errors.

Poundland Ronaldo. 

Poor decision making too. A couple of poor cross field passes that should have been made earlier and gave the Swansea fullback time to recover.

On the flip side he has looked dangerous too and I think he possesses a lot of quality. He has obviously gone to the top because he has this quality but his poor decisions and slow thinking has brought him to Derby.

15 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Just me that thought he was very good today then?

Nope also felt he did ok, likewise can understand Sage and Gritters thoughts and why he splits opinion. The lad has so much potential, if only he improved some of his decision making; just don’t like to criticise when I thought he put a shift in and we won.

Frank can still polish Lawrence into a real gem, plenty of time to keep developing. 

Archived