Ashley Cole is a Ram

Carl Sagan

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mental this, he’s 38... but he’s Ashley Cole! Best lb in the world and one of the finest defenders in the prem in his prime. Part of me thinks it could not work out, but the inner kid who watched that Chelsea team under Mourinho wants to see a player of his Stature out in a derby shirt at Accrington.

He could well help with coaching as well, god knows that’s needed in defence! Good one for bogle to Learn from too.

21 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Does anyone else remember this exchange on fighting talk:

*Defend the indefensible

"Like Ashley Cole, vomit is an essential part of my love making"

"sometimes you need lube"

Went out live on radio 5 live at 11.55am one Saturday.

Anyway, not the worst idea and at least we're not giving him a 4 year contract.

Yes!  That was Jim Jeffries - never seen again on Fighting Talk!  Saw him do stand up at a really small pub in Sutton shortly after that, one of the funniest guys I’ve ever seen.  A bit blue before lunchtime on the radio though!  I think he’s massive in America now.

Just spoke to my mate who is an LA Galaxy season ticket holder. His words.....

“Oh wow. Well if you need someone to lock down 1v1, he's your guy. He knows how to position himself. But if he has to chase, forget it. He's lost a step of two. Still, he captained the Galaxy. He has great leadership. He still walks around with old Chelsea notes and studies them. He mentored some young ones here that needed to learn to play defense when players went down with injury.”

So if he comes to us sounds like he’ll be good for the squad. He’s a legend so the young defenders would benefit. I very much doubt he has enough pace wise for the championship but positionally he’s still got it. 

4 minutes ago, Bosshogg said:

Just spoke to my mate who is an LA Galaxy season ticket holder. His words.....

“Oh wow. Well if you need someone to lock down 1v1, he's your guy. He knows how to position himself. But if he has to chase, forget it. He's lost a step of two. Still, he captained the Galaxy. He has great leadership. He still walks around with old Chelsea notes and studies them. He mentored some young ones here that needed to learn to play defense when players went down with injury.”

So if he comes to us sounds like he’ll be good for the squad. He’s a legend so the young defenders would benefit. I very much doubt he has enough pace wise for the championship but positionally he’s still got it. 

Surely we’re not going to take advice from an American on “Soccer”. ?

Archived