Ashley Cole is a Ram

Carl Sagan

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

With Bugsy back fit and Lowe recalled we don't need him do we? Rather invest in a quality central midfielder and a striker....

Did you see Lowe on Saturday?? As with all Derby players Malone seems to have improved with a long lay off. Before his injury he was getting lots of criticism for his performances yet strangely he seems to be the answer to our prayers now. Having said all that tho, I completely agree we should look elsewhere in the side to strengthen. Wisdom would be my pick for left back cover ( even starting) as long as Franks preference for the right back spot is Bogle 

2 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

If it's on a pay as you play he's got to be worth a punt. I wouldn't have thought he would command a big wage now, how old is he 40 odd ?

For pity's sake - he's 38!!! It would send out entirely the wrong message, especially after bringing Max Lowe back after his loan stint. Stick with what we have as LBs - our priorities lie elsewhere in the squad.

Unless he was still with Cheryl, in which case yes, we'll have him.

So Nixon is saying that Max Lowe will return to Aberdeen and that Ashley Cole will come in.

On a 6-month deal I’d take that. Cole adds experience and Lowe gets more game time without being wasted on the bench, or not even in the squad if Malone plays.

Cole's experience could be absolutely vital. I don't know what he's like as a player anymore, but I'd like to see Lowe get more minutes under his belt. Lowe is a good player, and a great prospect, but with Bogle, Tomori and Lowe in the back four it just lacks so much experience. Cole would help. I still expect Malone will be first choice. 

Not sure what game it was a few weeks ago but Frank said they spent the day before in training on how to stop the Crosses and it hasn’t worked that much so I’d be happy for him to come for 6 months play a few help coach and it’s best for Lowe he was having a great time at Aberdeen let him go back not sit on our bench 

I've just had a quick look and LA Galaxy fans still rate him highly. I wasn't aware that he had the most assists out of any defender in the MLS with nine - a couple more than Russell. 

It seems like he's still playing to a fairly good standard, so hopefully we're getting a good experienced player in a position we need help in. It's certainly going to bring on another shitstorm from the media anyway. 

When your manager is only 2 years older than your left back, Rowett would have been crucified if this was him! ?

As others have said though, sounds like more of a short term back up IF true, let Lowe go back up to Aberdeen and get some games. Added experience in the dressing room is never a bad thing, not when it’s a player with a bigger personal trophy cabinet than the club itself.

Arm around the likes of Tomori and Bogle when the pressure is on and let’s be honest, Cole probably dreamt to see out his career at Derby from the day he first stepped on to a football pitch.

The big downside to all this is the Lowe Aberdeen thread being resurrected by @Inverurie Ram, every single picture ever to be taken of him in a Aberdeen shirt, any newspaper column that prints his name will be posted in bulk for the next 6 months. Won’t feel like he’s even left us, I’m about to see Max Lowe’s face more than my own missus. ?

Archived