Derby County v Birmingham City Match Thread.

AmericanRam

Got to admit I was wrong about Man U game. I would have rested players and taken the defeat. Now I would looking at Birmingham and thinking tough game but we need 3 points cos Villa are up next and a point would be fine from that.

Having been better than Man U  and gone toe-to-toe and traded blows with Chelsea,  I am now look at every game and think...we can beat these.

If I feel positive then the players must be looking at the team sheets and thinking I just marked Kante or Fabregas. Nothing to fear.

I would keep the team the same except maybe rest one or both of the full backs. Forsyth looked good when he came on and Bogle's horror og has faded in the collective memory and I think the amount of work he gets through another match could be a game too far.

Marriott, Hudds and Lawrence are all coming to the boil, no way should they be changed.  Mount will start every game and Wilson was quiet so definitely send him out again. Waghorn is busy and hardworking so tend to like him in the team but FloJo can maybe come in if we want a bit more pace.

Bryson is going to find it hard to slip back in regardless of previous good form, ditto Bradley and Evans must be desperate. Bennett has faded off the scene and much as I want hom to succeed he looks out of his depth sometimes.

All feels positive...don't let's take foot off the gas...let's go at teams and make them worry about us. Think 2-0 would be about right!

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve raided the pennies jar, put the snow chains on the car tyres, packed the Kendal mint cake and the Hants’ are heading north for a day out in the permafrost and tundra of Derbyshire tomorrow.

hoping for a good performance but would be content with a scraped 3 points following our midweek exertions.

having said that - on occasions in recent seasons where we appear to have had time advantages we’ve usually disappointed so I’m crossing my fingers that the reverse will be true.

if frank suggests to a player that he should have a breather just for this game then that should be fine I’d think. No need to say they are dropped as that implies loss of form which is not the case.?

Not understanding people’s logic in dropping/rotating Lawerence, he’s been brilliant the last couple of games and getting better, he’s certainly not fatigued he’s just come back from a three match ban, calling it now MOM and fgs on Saturday ???

Big game.

I like Gary Monk, always thought he’d be a good fit here myself. Plays football (most ex Swansea do) and got hounded out of clubs better and bigger than what they think they are.

Draw on Saturday 2-2 

33 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Big game.

I like Gary Monk, always thought he’d be a good fit here myself. Plays football (most ex Swansea do) and got hounded out of clubs better and bigger than what they think they are.

Draw on Saturday 2-2 

In retrospect Swansea shouldn't have hounded him out. If I recall I think they might have been falling out with key players in the run up to that.

Less sure about Boro, they let him spend a ton but they weren't that good, perhaps just a bad fit, but he's doing a good job with Brum.

This will be a tough game, they are on a good run, concede very little and in Adams and jutkiewich have goalscorers who have contributed the vast majority of their goals.

If our defense can keep those two and Jota quiet I think we will edge this.

Close game 2-1 to the Rams but we will have to be on top of game for the 90 mins as brum are no pushover having won 4 in a row and have beaten Leeds and drawn at Sheffield United and forest all away.

4 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Got to admit I was wrong about Man U game. I would have rested players and taken the defeat. Now I would looking at Birmingham and thinking tough game but we need 3 points cos Villa are up next and a point would be fine from that.

Really, have you got that the wrong way around. Brum are top of the current form table and Villa are botton (or near it),,

We should not be happy with a point at home to Villa, in the state they are in.

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

Really, have you got that the wrong way around. Brum are top of the current form table and Villa are botton (or near it),,

We should not be happy with a point at home to Villa, in the state they are in.

appreciate its not the form table, but the league table but Rotherham, Bolton and Millwall are all right down there having beaten us.

Anything seems to be able to swing either way in this league

(aha!   cue an "Ooooh Matron" ?)

As usual a game against Birmingham never makes me think that it will be a good game of flowing football and it seems that monk is doing okay so far this season with only two loses so far nevertheless the current rams will attack anyone and regardless of the result - I expect 2-3 changes to the team from Wednesday 

On 1 November 2018 at 14:07, 86 points said:

Christ on a bike! So thus far, off the back of wins against the Blades, the Baggies and a sparkling performance against Chelsea, we've now had folk suggest we drop Keogh, Huddz, Lawrence and Bogle! I'm all for discussing stuff, this is a forum after all, but folk suggesting changes just for the bloomin sake of it seems a tad daft to me. Seems to me the guys best able and qualified to assess our needs and the relative fitness / freshness of the squad are Frank and Jody who appear to be doing ok so far, or have I missed something? 

Christ on a bike!........and he agrees with you...........

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

I predict fan trouble. 'Cus they're all cnuts 

Hate the blue noses. 

Kicked off massively at Stoke two week s ago. Admittedly not played each other for years but it got out of hand in Stoke town centre before and round the ground after the game.

Easy team selection this one, even on the internet.

If fit and ready for another 90 minutes same again, if not, replace. 

Davies, Forsyth, Johnson, Jozefzoon, Nugent, Bennett we are not without options. 

No need to mix things up for the sake of it. 

Yep same team but for breathers where necessary. The important part is to try and keep this little four together - I call it the "@Carl Sagan Diamond"...

Huddlestone

Mount              Wilson

Marriott

Fear no one with that shiny gem.

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Kicked off massively at Stoke two week s ago. Admittedly not played each other for years but it got out of hand in Stoke town centre before and round the ground after the game.

Stokies aren't a pleasure though are they?

I really don't like the Brum lot though. They are the knob head at the wedding reception that's had too much. 

Every time he comes to our bbq they come loaded with beer and make a scene and when we go to there's it's always a shithole and you make your excuses to leave after an hour. 

Horrible bloke, Mr Bluenose. His West Midlands mates are a bit daft anorl but he loves to show off most.

Archived