Derby County v Birmingham City Match Thread.

AmericanRam

33 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Yep same team but for breathers where necessary. The important part is to try and keep this little four together - I call it the "@Carl Sagan Diamond"...

Huddlestone

Mount              Wilson

Marriott

Fear no one with that shiny gem.

I'll take that! May we see its brilliant sparkle this afternoon, dazzling the opposition. 

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Yep same team but for breathers where necessary. The important part is to try and keep this little four together - I call it the "@Carl Sagan Diamond"...

Huddlestone

Mount              Wilson

Marriott

Fear no one with that shiny gem.

I'd suggest as long as any 2 of 4 are playing, we'll be OK assuming the cover is:

Johnson, Bryson, Evans, Nugent

But yes, I'd agree that diamond is our strong point.

I would make a few changes to this one. The players have had 4 tough games in less than two weeks so fatigue will be a factor as we have seen on a few occasions this season like the Bolton game. No point risking Mount if he isn’t fully fit and it would be a good opportunity to see what Holmes is about after his cameo against Hull. I wouldn’t object to Davies starting either because we seem to be conceding a lot of goals recently though I’d probably start Keogh and Tomori for their confidence after the own goals in midweek.

Carson

Bogle  Keogh   Tomori   Forsyth

Johnson   

Wilson       Holmes

Waghorn   Marriott    Jozefzoon 

18 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

According to sky’s sports Gillette ticker tape, Mount to be rested (knee)? Would rather win today than being the galant losers on Wednesday. 

Interesting. Will be a shame if he's out, but a good test of playing without him if so.

It's a tough call. I know it's professional sport, but Mason would have been desperate to play against Chelsea and letting him, even if carrying a knock, buys his continued enthusiasm and commitment for the season. Tell him he can't play and there's a chance his level drops, even unconsciously, having not been allowed to take part. He performed on the night so I'd say it was the right call in his individual case.

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Tell him he can't play and there's a chance his level drops, even unconsciously, having not been allowed to take part.

He strikes me as far too ambitious, focused and professional for that to be the case. 

Regardless of who is selected today, I think this is the first time, in along time we've had a squad that can be interchanged and have no real effect on the quality of the 11 on the pitch.  It's a nice feeling not having to think "oh god don't pick him" COYR

13 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

He strikes me as far too ambitious, focused and professional for that to be the case. 

He's only a teenager so would be bound to be gutted. I agree with you he's all those things, a seemingly consumate professional learning from a consumate professional, but football's about joy as well as being professional. I want Mason Mount to have an emotional connection with Derby, to love us, and if he hadn't been allowed to play he'd inevitably be a little less in love with us.

Of course it's done now anyway - let's see if he makes the team in half an hour. If not, Johnson or Holmes to come in (given Bryson and Evans are out)?

3 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Know a few blue noses who are very confident today, they always give us a game at our place so will be a tough one 

I think their front two will give us a few problems that said keogh and Tomori have done well (barring the og’s the other night)

2 minutes ago, TreeFuTom said:

£33 is a disgrace, i’m home from London for the weekend but will be listening because at that price i just can not justify going. Villa at £36 is even worse. 

Villa only £20 if a season ticket holder buys it for you. Not bad, that.

Interesting team. Mount indeed out with his knee. Lampard sticks to his fluid attacking principles and brings in Holmes, who's not had a lot of football and probably won't last the full match.

Fozzy in was expected given how knackered Malone looked quite early on Wednesday night,.

Captain Curtis return! We've freshened it up a little and been brave again in midfield. Hope it pays off.

Come on you Rams!

Archived