Derby County v Birmingham City Match Thread.

AmericanRam

Superb second half of quality football. Today's result got me thinking about the past and why I feel this season we stand a better chance of promotion. How many of the promotion contenders can lose both of their best CM's to injury and play like they weren't missing? I'm more impressed by this squad the more I reflect after games. Holmes starting his first league game and Wilson has played 3 games in CM. They looked like they'd be playing together for years. If we lose key players, the squad can cover like it's straight sub midway through a game. That's a sign of a quality squad. We've got a chance, I'm just praying we don't have the usual slump post Christmas. Any team that can take Chelsea all the way, then 3 days later dominate an 11 match unbeaten team in the league is seriously impressive. 

For me this is better than 13/14. The football quality is about level and we don't have fear of losing any "big" players.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/11/2018 at 19:42, caymanram said:

This is going to be a really hard year to get promoted that’s for sure.

When you consider our results from the last four games - three being against top 4 sides- and yet we only are only really keeping up with the pack, albeit in the top 6 ?

We are doing great but so is everyone else. Just think where we would be position-wise if we’d have lost two or more of those games !? Going to be a serious battle of attrition and stamina until the end of the season. Frightening  really.

Gonna really need that squad and could do with a few other top teams getting some key injuries, especially those with smallish squads.

COYR ?

2 points off top spot and caned some serious rivals in last month. Would have settled for a lot less than this. 

Put simply if we want to stand a chance in Prem next season we need to win this League by a good few points. There are no clear Premier candidates in our league at this time. There is little to beat in this league that is No Wolves this season. Three relegated teams have not got it together yet. Rams have the most Potential in terms of style. 

Archived