Derby County v Birmingham City Match Thread.

AmericanRam

Saturday November 3rd KO 1500 @ Pride Park Stadium

Time to face Brum who currently sit 9th in the table just 2 points behind us in 5th.Important game this and will be interesting to see how we perform after an excellent performance against Chelsea.

Same starting xi? Any changes?

I am cooking a big ham and lots of fixins to watch this one with for sure?

COYR?

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My only worry is fatigue and changes based on that should be made.
Whenever pplayers have come in this season tthey've done the job, so I'm not that worried.

We did bump after the man u game.

So potentially Bradders Foz Bennett and Davies could probably ccome in for fresh legs, but without sseeing the players recovery aand energy levels, I'm in no position to call that.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

My only worry is fatigue and changes based on that should be made.
Whenever pplayers have come in this season tthey've done the job, so I'm not that worried.

We did bump after the man u game.

So potentially Bradders Foz Bennett and Davies could probably ccome in for fresh legs, but without sseeing the players recovery aand energy levels, I'm in no position to call that.

83F6205B-FE54-4539-9A32-32AEC00A1142.jpeg

3 minutes ago, sage said:

Forsyth for Malone and leave it at that. May have to make subs a touch earlier though.  

Agree. Both Malone and Forsyth completely run themselves into the ground, rotating them regularly seems like an intelligent solution.

If we have a lead at HT I'd probably take one of Wilson/Lawrence/Mount off for Johnson. They all do a lot of running in this system, and could do with a breather. We know that Johnson is more than capable and adds some stability when our shape starts to struggle with fatigue.

Not a patch on my threads..?

Can we score in the opposition net this time please?...

All about fitness this one, we don’t want what happened at Bolton to happen again. If players aren’t fully energised, don’t play them. The way we play requires 100% in the tank, without knowing how fit players are I won’t even bother to name a team as it really is dependent on that.

Ill be there for this one

Wisdom, fozzy, bennett in.

Jozefzoon back on the bench. 

Carson, wisdom, fozzy, keogh, tomori, huddz, wilson, mount, bennett, marriott, lawrence

subs roos, jozefzoon, nugent, johnson, davies, malone, bogle

P.s. Next player to score an o.g. gets a bucket of ice over their head.

35 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Wisdom, fozzy, bennett in.

Jozefzoon back on the bench. 

Carson, wisdom, fozzy, keogh, tomori, huddz, wilson, mount, bennett, marriott, lawrence

subs roos, jozefzoon, nugent, johnson, davies, malone, bogle

P.s. Next player to score an o.g. gets a bucket of ice over their head.

So Waghorn scores then doesn't even make the squad?

33 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

So Waghorn scores then doesn't even make the squad?

Jozefzoon might cover wilson and mount, as well as lawrence and bennett

8 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

I'd prefer to have Martyn in there, his ability to track back is exceptional.

All day ! He's fantastic on the right in a front three . Sort of a wide target man. I'd go 

Carson 

Bogle.     Tomori.          Davies.     Malone 

Huddlestone

Mount.                          Wilson. 

Waghorn.                                      Holmes

Marriott.  

Harsh on Keogh I know I might get pelters but Davies is too good to keep sitting on the bench he's by far the best defensive player we have in our sqaud. Also Holmes in for Lawrence , Lawrence has pulled no trees up for me and everyone's had a fair crack of the whip and why not give Holmes a go out there , from the little I've seen of him he looks a good little player. Also kind of tempted to bring Johnson back in for Huddlestone ?? 

2 hours ago, sage said:

Forsyth for Malone and leave it at that. May have to make subs a touch earlier though.  

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Agree. Both Malone and Forsyth completely run themselves into the ground, rotating them regularly seems like an intelligent solution.

If we have a lead at HT I'd probably take one of Wilson/Lawrence/Mount off for Johnson. They all do a lot of running in this system, and could do with a breather. We know that Johnson is more than capable and adds some stability when our shape starts to struggle with fatigue.

Definitely Fozzy for Malone who's run himself into the ground and wouldn't manage the full 90 minutes on Saturday. Also, does Bryson come back in if fit, to bring fresh legs? 

Selection is so tough, but that's a good sign. I'm desperate for a clean sheet but defending is about understandings and partnerships, so I wouldn't change anything else unless the staff think Bogle needs a rest too. In which case I'd move Tomori across rather than bring Wisdom in. 

Birmingham are the division's form team. Of course form is temporary, and hopefully our class will tell. Back to the bread and butter of the Championship, it's important to bring the quality we've shown in recent games to this match, and not let standards slip. 

3 hours ago, Dethorn said:

Agree Forsyth for Malone, and maybe Bennett for Waghorn, thought he did well when he came on.

Check on Wilson too, he was very quiet for him.

Good points but I’d keep Waghorn in. I get the feeling he will benefit from playing more often. Sure he fluffed one last night but he is as powerful a forward as we have had for a long while. He is slightly uncomfortable when playing wide but I think he is good enough to settle in to it and for that he needs a run in the team

How the duck was Keogh one of our best players last night?!!, I guarantee  Davies wouldn't have scored such a clumsy own goal and wouldn't have been bullied in the Air as much. Don't get me wrong he did do some decent defending and I don't think he is bad but Davies > Keogh , every time Keogh makes a mistake everyone is like that was unlucky or  most of the game he was alright so I will give him an 9 out of 10 match rating . Davies was far better than Keogh last season and is our captain for a reason, Keogh  is not a leader and is nowhere near as solid and reliable. Yes he is better on the ball, but the main job of a defender is to defend and we have Tomori and bogle who are good on the a ball so it's hardly a necessity to have a ball playing defender next to Tomori.

2 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Why not ? Think Huddlestone s been immense the last few games but was starting to look leggy last night , more of a rest than a replacement plus what did Johnson do in the first place to warrant getting dropped ? 

I agree we probably need to rotate a few players, it seems at the minute on this forum if you say someone should be dropped or even rested you get hounded out like you have just said Lampard is a terrible manager.

Archived