Jack Marriott

David

Wow, we have needed a player like Jack for years, plays off the shoulder, finds space, always gets his shots on target works his balls off, leaves it all out there, what a deal we got for him, 3 million, that's a snip of a fee, for such a good player, with bags of ability, he will be our 20 goal a season striker no probs, also think he could play at the top level. He will get better and better with time, so excited by so many things this season, and Jack is deffo one of them things.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, StockholmRam said:

Anyone still missing the wardrobe? 

This kid looks fantastic. Early days still but I'm very impressed so far. 

Still kinda miss Chrissie, yeah. He remains the best striker we've had in a decade and I'll always respect what he did for us. That said, Jack is shaping up like he'll be our next big thing and he may well match or even surpass Chris' exploits. He is also quite likely a much better fit for Frank's playing style. Sad about Chris and the way he was treated then, but very happy to have young Jack at the club. The King is dead, long live the King.

17 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Lovely lay off in the second half resulting in Lawrence's shot - seems to be growing in stature too as doesn't get knocked off the ball as easily now. early days but at this rate he will comfortably reach double figures - better than Vydra, let's see?

Better than Vydra for the way we play under Lampard 

1 hour ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Reminds me of Andre Gray when he played at this level. An absolute machine 

At a very marketable age, if he keeps this up we could get huge money for him

We ve just  signed him ,  I'm not even thinking about us selling him and when we are the Prem with 30000 + plus every week why would he want to leave unless he develops into a Harry kane standard of striker.

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Better than Vydra for the way we play under Lampard 

I know I'm going to get pelters for this - too early, what's he done, blah blah - and folk will know how highly I rate Matej, but I think this lad could be better full stop, irrespective of the system being played. He's clearly more than just a finisher and his rate of improvement under Frank and Jody is astounding! Frank made no secret that Jack was THE #1 TARGET and I think we're all starting to see why. I wasn't that fussed whether we signed him or not which shows how little I know. I'd be very surprised if he's not valued closer to £20 mill than the initial £3 mill we paid by the end of the season. I really think the sky's the limit for this lad.

7 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Still kinda miss Chrissie, yeah. He remains the best striker we've had in a decade and I'll always respect what he did for us. That said, Jack is shaping up like he'll be our next big thing and he may well match or even surpass Chris' exploits. He is also quite likely a much better fit for Frank's playing style. Sad about Chris and the way he was treated then, but very happy to have young Jack at the club. The King is dead, long live the King.

Massive Martin Fanboy here, but Martin would fit our system for the last 20 minutes in games where we need to relieve pressure and hold on to our lead.

He would still be the best at it, but it would be a waste of a very good footballer to be useful for 20 minutes one game in four, and better for us than him.

Marriott is different obviously, but I'm rapidly falling in love with him just as much as I loved Chrissie.

Jack's a head down and drill it merchant, but away from goal has a great understanding of the bigger picture and will play the pass if it's on!

He's fantastic, tbh.

I really like Jack Marriott, was thinking at the start of the season that Waghorn would be playing in front of him but wow this guy is clinical.

What I like about his finishing is that it looks completely instinctive, like he doesn't need to think about where to place it. I don't think I've seen a Derby striker play so confidently up front, everything is purposeful and deliberate. Even with Vydra and Martin everything felt a bit rushed or bundled in.

Can't wait for more!

13 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

We may not go up but it's just that I don't think you should be talking about selling players we have just signed especially as we are on the up at the moment have a very strong chance of going up.

Well don't then! Others might wish to though if that's ok with you? EDIT - Soz @WAGHORNY RAM99 bit abrupt. I think folk are just hypothesising rather than actually advocating his sale by way of explanation. 

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Massive Martin Fanboy here, but Martin would fit our system for the last 20 minutes in games where we need to relieve pressure and hold on to our lead.

He would still be the best at it, but it would be a waste of a very good footballer to be useful for 20 minutes one game in four, and better for us than him.

Marriott is different obviously, but I'm rapidly falling in love with him just as much as I loved Chrissie.

Jack's a head down and drill it merchant, but away from goal has a great understanding of the bigger picture and will play the pass if it's on!

He's fantastic, tbh.

Oh I know he could do a job Revel I just don't see it ever happening. Nor do I see us retaining Chris as a top earner simply to close out games. Equally, we seem pretty adept at closing out games anyway - I think the stat is that we've only conceded inside the last 15 once (maybe twice?) this season. The final consideration is that a player of Chris' ability can't be stuck on a bench at his age. He owes us nothing so I'd rather he be loaned out of found a decent 'home' - not bloody Hull though who seem to think he's an attacking mid rather than a top hold up striker ?

15 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Oh I know he could do a job Revel I just don't see it ever happening. Nor do I see us retaining Chris as a top earner simply to close out games. Equally, we seem pretty adept at closing out games anyway - I think the stat is that we've only conceded inside the last 15 once (maybe twice?) this season. The final consideration is that a player of Chris' ability can't be stuck on a bench at his age. He owes us nothing so I'd rather he be loaned out of found a decent 'home' - not bloody Hull though who seem to think he's an attacking mid rather than a top hold up striker ?

Tbf that was the point I was trying to make, you've just expressed it better than I obviously!

Martin is the past, Marriott's the now and future, but I won't forget the contribution and enjoyment I got from Chris Martin.

32 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

We may not go up but it's just that I don't think you should be talking about selling players we have just signed especially as we are on the up at the moment have a very strong chance of going up.

All I said is that his age makes him marketable. Just a thought. It’s good that we’re signing players with sell on potential 

21 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Hey nowt wrong with Hull it's a decent 'home', they are starting to climb the table and Chris will be OK for them as they will be with him.

As for Jack Marriott he sounds like a grounded lad that will do his talking on the pitch and will work his socks off for the team, and FL loves that and he knows Derby County fans love that in a player also.

Archived