We have an England International!

DarkFruitsRam7

Surprised at how many can’t just be happy for the lad.

All this doesn’t deserve it, should have been Hughes, it’s only because he’s a Chelsea player, nothing like getting behind one of our own eh, even if it is temporary.

This will no doubt give him a huge lift, a real confidence boost, which in return can benefit us whilst he’s here with us.

Yes it would have been nice for Hughes to get in the squad, see an ex Derby player do well and that, but Mount hasn’t taken his place. Should he have said no no Gareth, you pick Will instead?

Well done on the call up Mason, if you get on the pitch, go show the world what you can do, European Championships around the corner, why not...?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, David said:

All this doesn’t deserve it, should have been Hughes, it’s only because he’s a Chelsea player, nothing like getting behind one of our own eh, even if it is temporary.

This will no doubt give him a huge lift, a real confidence boost, which in return can benefit us whilst he’s here with us.

Yes it would have been nice for Hughes to get in the squad, see an ex Derby player do well and that, but Mount hasn’t taken his place. Should he have said no no Gareth, you pick Will instead?

Well done on the call up Mason, if you get on the pitch, go show the world what you can do, European Championships around the corner, why not...?

Or it could put more unnecessary pressure on the lad and we as a team could suffer as a result. Opposition teams and players in the championship will start to be more aggressive on him naturally because of him being in the England squad, already this season he has a tendency to go missing against teams of a more physical nature.

11 minutes ago, David said:

Just for a bit of context, I think if you spoke to all of the posters in real life they would be happy for him and with a quick glance of the England side it’s feels like Southgate is putting in the foundations of what he wants his England squad to be. Mount is obviously part of the plans beyond this season so why not get him involved.

But saying all that it still just feels a little off somewhere, Mounts started very well but there’s a worry to me that its too much too soon for him and I also have a worry that it’s all coming a little too easily for him. A call up after a grafting season in the champ? Yes but personally not sure if it’s ideal. Also I think there’s a big worry we are becoming a bit of a sideshow for the whole Lampard, Mount, Chelsea brigade.

Alas like every derby fan I’ll be cheering on the lad come the internationals but, on form, it’s just a little surprising 

Just now, TuffLuff said:

But saying all that it still just feels a little off somewhere, Mounts started very well but there’s a worry to me that its too much too soon for him and I also have a worry that it’s all coming a little too easily for him. A call up after a grafting season in the champ?

Yes but personally not sure if it’s ideal. Also I thinkthere’s a big worry we are becoming a bit of a sideshow for the whole Lampard, Mount, Chelsea brigade.

He was called up to the England World Cup training camp before setting foot in the Championship and Lampard arriving at Derby.

People are looking at it after a few games in the Championship but he tore the Eredivise a new one last season with Vitesse. 

1 hour ago, David said:

Bang on. 

36 minutes ago, David said:

He was called up to the England World Cup training camp before setting foot in the Championship and Lampard arriving at Derby.

People are looking at it after a few games in the Championship but he tore the Eredivise a new one last season with Vitesse. 

Quite right. Also a brilliant interview you posted where he seems very grounded and sensible for a teenage footballer - presumably one reason he's doing so well! "All my focus is on QPR". Hope he bags us a goal and a win.

1 hour ago, David said:

And also people are judging his form on the rough and tumble of the Championship and his team mates at Derby. I think he would look even better in the Prem with better players around him.

I also like that he's being weaned into the seniors so he is comfortable with the set up when he gets his chance.

4 hours ago, David said:

I’ve always liked Southgate. 

Plays or not, nice to see the England manager looking beyond the Premier League. 

For so many years if you didn’t play for one of the top clubs you had no chance.

Bet he’s buzzing!

Disagree entirely.

If he wasn't on loan from Chelsea there is zero chance he'd be in that squad now.

Where was open-minded Gareth last season when carson was arguably the best keeper in the country?>

8 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Disagree entirely.

If he wasn't on loan from Chelsea there is zero chance he'd be in that squad now.

Where was open-minded Gareth last season when carson was arguably the best keeper in the country?>

Carson was never the best keeper in the country. England want a keeper with distribution skills, hence why Pickford starts. That rules out Carson from contention.

15 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Carson was never the best keeper in the country. England want a keeper with distribution skills, hence why Pickford starts. That rules out Carson from contention.

I was only thinking during the Norwich match that when he bothers to use his feet, he's perfectly capable.

The first half of last season he was as good as Shilton was in his spell at Derby.

Pickford was outstanding in the WC, but not even his mum thought he was that good.

But the point was that you missed in your hurry to eyeroll me, was that he was worthy of a look, and he would have been given a look if he'd been playing like that for a Premier League team.

And the other point was, that Mount has been picked because he's a Chelsea player playing well for Derby. No way would a Derby 19-year-old even be in the equation. 

Archived