Fikayo Tomori

jimbobram

9 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Can you imagine the speed which Tomori could go down the wing with? He would scare a lot of opposition players with the pace.

To be fair, Bogle in full flight with the ball at his feet is a formidable force. Speed with a ball at your feet and sprinting without are two different skill sets but if injuries dictate it would be interesting to see how he does. As the @The Scarlet Pimpernel says leave his pace where it is for now.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part of our ability to press is related to the CBs being able to hold a high line, to restrict the opposition's space in midfield, We also face rapid breakaways when the opposition bypass our press.

Therefore we need pace at the back.  

12 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

While I can see the thinking, I think dropping Bogle at this time could cause unnecessary harm to his development.

He's come from nowhere to more than play his part in a decent start, and dropping him at this point could do long term harm to the boy. We can't pick youngsters, see them perform really well but drop them at the first sign of a mistake, that will only see us produce safety first footballers who don't impact a game for fear of making a rick.

His performances over the season have earned him the right to a place against Chelsea, to take him out of the team now would send the wrong message, imo.

I'm not a fan of developing other players confidence at the expense of our own, either.

Take your point but the opposite of this is dropping Bennett made us stronger (as I ultimately believe here it led to us playing our most effective offensive players).

Bogle has been a breadth of fresh air, I agree with that but last few games I feel that he has made a few positioning mistakes, allowing players to cut inside very easily and I think his final ball is weak currently. He gets into good positions, but doesn't quite delivery that final ball.

Again, I'm completely happy to say he needs time and development opportunities. League is always my priority, so I can see your point about Wednesday being a 'reward' but Davies still is our best defender and we are not keeping clean sheets. I'm not even going to say it's stronger, would just be happy to give it a go.

2 hours ago, europia said:

Yes top player, with a big future . Will be sorry when his loan stay with us comes to an end. 

It's great to see all 3 loanees enjoying playing for the club. We know Mount is going to be at Chelsea next season or on loan in the prem. Tomori and Wilson could be swayed to join us again surely. Are Liverpool going to play Wilson over Salah, Mane, Shaq or Gini ? Cant see it. Same with Tomori. They'll cost a fair bit but if we can afford it, get them!

He has so much pace and strength, will be a top,top player, could become a good defensive midfielder, but for myself he is a top centre back, good on the ball, can read danger well, and will get better with age, another player I can see play for England in the future, if we are to go up, we must try and get players in like Tomori, he will play at the top level. So pleased to see players of his ability at this club. Long may it continue.

On 27/10/2018 at 20:25, sage said:

Part of our ability to press is related to the CBs being able to hold a high line, to restrict the opposition's space in midfield, We also face rapid breakaways when the opposition bypass our press.

Therefore we need pace at the back.  

Spot on , also there is always a swings and roundabouts trade off with players strengths and weaknesses ,lots saying we have conceded goals because of his weakness in the air but then he has saved goals with his pace and alertness when players have broken through us and are clean through , he is stunning with this part of his game ,like the love child of colin Todd and usaine bolt 

11 hours ago, Derby blood said:

He has so much pace and strength, will be a top,top player, could become a good defensive midfielder, but for myself he is a top centre back, good on the ball, can read danger well, and will get better with age, another player I can see play for England in the future, if we are to go up, we must try and get players in like Tomori, he will play at the top level. So pleased to see players of his ability at this club. Long may it continue.

Who do you think you are Jamie Redknapp? Top top top ??

12 hours ago, jimbobram said:

It's great to see all 3 loanees enjoying playing for the club. We know Mount is going to be at Chelsea next season or on loan in the prem. Tomori and Wilson could be swayed to join us again surely. Are Liverpool going to play Wilson over Salah, Mane, Shaq or Gini ? Cant see it. Same with Tomori. They'll cost a fair bit but if we can afford it, get them!

Klopp very pleasantly surprised about how well he’s doing, anyone know what the rule is re loans. Can he order him back or are we guaranteed him for the season no matter how well he plays?

Apologies to Tomori for adding this to his thread?

6 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Klopp very pleasantly surprised about how well he’s doing, anyone know what the rule is re loans. Can he order him back or are we guaranteed him for the season no matter how well he plays?

Apologies to Tomori for adding this to his thread?

He liked Ibe too. What happened when he went back. played 3 games and was sold to Bournemouth. Ibe was up there as one of the best loan signings we've had.

Archived