Whoa...

Angry Ram

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Anon said:

Some? They're all gone.

I've almost stopped posting in the political threads due to the amount of cobblers being posted by certain posters, but I don't think they should be removed completely - goodness knows how frustrated some of the posters will get if they can't have a rant on here - far better to let them get things off their chests on here than an armed siege in Wetherspoons because the mainstream media have dared to say something nasty about Saint Jezzer.....

1 minute ago, Anon said:

If I had to guess I'd go with no one wanted the hassle of moderating them.

I probably used the wrong emoji there, sorry. If I were to guess I’d say they seemed to bring the worst out in people, politics is very emotive and while I read them, the urge to contribute never appealed, too easy to get into an argument. 

Just now, Pearl Ram said:

I probably used the wrong emoji there, sorry. If I were to guess I’d say they seemed to bring the worst out in people, politics is very emotive and while I read them, the urge to contribute never appealed, too easy to get into an argument. 

You would say that you snivelling Nazi/pinko commie*.

*Delete whichever one you find least hurtful.

Please be patient with us as we reorganise the off topic area, the current board list is not final and may change slightly over the next 24/48hrs as we bring content back across, with over 7000 topics it will take some time. 

There will be a shortcut list on homepage to remove the extra click and a new homepage view to come as well which will show all topics from selected boards.

During the move some topics will no longer have a place on this forum, over the 9 and half years we have been online 'The Pub' has gone from a light hearted off topic area to discuss TV shows, food and pets to heated discussions in sensitive subject areas which are not only time consuming but difficult to moderate. 

We understand that some members will be upset by this move and I can only apologise, it wasn't an easy decision but one that we felt necessary for the future of dcfcfans.uk which was primarily setup to discuss Derby County Football Club.

15 minutes ago, David said:

Please be patient with us as we reorganise the off topic area, the current board list is not final and may change slightly over the next 24/48hrs as we bring content back across, with over 7000 topics it will take some time. 

There will be a shortcut list on homepage to remove the extra click and a new homepage view to come as well which will show all topics from selected boards.

During the move some topics will no longer have a place on this forum, over the 9 and half years we have been online 'The Pub' has gone from a light hearted off topic area to discuss TV shows, food and pets to heated discussions in sensitive subject areas which are not only time consuming but difficult to moderate. 

We understand that some members will be upset by this move and I can only apologise, it wasn't an easy decision but one that we felt necessary for the future of dcfcfans.uk which was primarily setup to discuss Derby County Football Club.

Understand the reasoning, but might have been an idea to give folk a bit of warning - some people have invested many, many hours in some of the threads that are now likely to disappear - a couple of weeks notice might have let them die off of their own accord and avoid any bad feeling that may ensue....(not from me, as I've mainly given up on the political ones nowadays, but some folk will not be happy....)

34 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

I was half way through the 9 year old suicide thread which i am guessing was the straw that broke the camels back.

Feel like i am missing out on the last 2 pages now.

I typed a big reply to that Ilson fella and when I went to post.... Poof, everything was gone. Just as well.

20 minutes ago, David said:

No need to apologise, some threads were getting very silly and I'm sorry for my small part in prolonging the agony in some cases.  Will be nice to get back to a light-hearted read again ?

I think it's a real shame to be honest.

I enjoyed reading and contributing to some of the topics that will no longer be allowed, knowing that whatever views were expressed we all had one thing in common.

I do see your point @David, it must have been a ballache moderating something far removed from your business of being a DCFC forum, but it was a good added extra.

15 minutes ago, maxjam said:

No need to apologise

There is, and I am sorry it has come to this and @Gaspode you do have a point, a bit of warning would have been nice.

Today was one of those enough is enough moments, time to take action, which is why it all came as a bit "whoa" but it's not an ill thought out plan, it's been on the cards for a couple of weeks.

When we launched this forum in January 2009 the one goal we had was for a friendly, fun, welcoming place to discuss the club.

Over the last 12 months or so The Pub has rapidly deteriorated as topics have become heated to the point where we have had to step in with warnings, bans and even some users closing their accounts.

That's not what we want, we shouldn't be losing Derby fans opinions on the game on Saturday over a disagreement on Donald Trump.

The truth is that it has become very difficult to moderate and we're not setup to provide a platform where topics such as politics, religion and gender can be discussed. If we lose a few more members now because of that we will have to take the hit, but I feel it's the best way forward to get the forum back to where it doesn't matter who you vote for, the colour of your skin, what you wear, or who you find attractive, we are all Derby County fans and deep down you all know this is all Keogh's fault.

Archived