Whoa...

Angry Ram

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Can we all have a minutes silence for the demise of the Brexit thread...

Thank god..

The bad news is that the second brexit poll was on a remain result, and now we don't have a forum to post the third, deciding, poll. As was said to the Black Knight in the Quest for the Holy Grail, call it a draw. 

What am I going to read on my lunchtimes now?

Are you saying I have to venture into Rams Talk?

Who wants to post various different names using stupid layouts?

Only joking. I think it's a great idea.

2 hours ago, David said:

Please be patient with us as we reorganise the off topic area, the current board list is not final and may change slightly over the next 24/48hrs as we bring content back across, with over 7000 topics it will take some time. 

There will be a shortcut list on homepage to remove the extra click and a new homepage view to come as well which will show all topics from selected boards.

During the move some topics will no longer have a place on this forum, over the 9 and half years we have been online 'The Pub' has gone from a light hearted off topic area to discuss TV shows, food and pets to heated discussions in sensitive subject areas which are not only time consuming but difficult to moderate. 

We understand that some members will be upset by this move and I can only apologise, it wasn't an easy decision but one that we felt necessary for the future of dcfcfans.uk which was primarily setup to discuss Derby County Football Club.

I do think we are more than just a football forum, but it is your house and your rules, and still much much better than alternatives. I did find the political threads a bit of a boring rally, but the posts where people ask for help and advise, which I haven't yet checked are live or dead, were a massive part of what makes this special. From asking you about tech, to people discussing mental health. When done right, these things are a testament to the posters. I think the personal opinions on politics were too much though.

44 minutes ago, Moist One said:

I do think we are more than just a football forum, but it is your house and your rules, and still much much better than alternatives. I did find the political threads a bit of a boring rally, but the posts where people ask for help and advise, which I haven't yet checked are live or dead, were a massive part of what makes this special. From asking you about tech, to people discussing mental health. When done right, these things are a testament to the posters. I think the personal opinions on politics were too much though.

Has the mental health thread gone? ?

9 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Has the mental health thread gone? ?

echo....

it's in Health and Fitness as others have said. I would've been very shocked if Dave allowed it to be pulled as he quite often posted on it and about it's positive vibe to a emotive subject.

Sith Happens
3 hours ago, David said:

Please be patient with us as we reorganise the off topic area, the current board list is not final and may change slightly over the next 24/48hrs as we bring content back across, with over 7000 topics it will take some time. 

There will be a shortcut list on homepage to remove the extra click and a new homepage view to come as well which will show all topics from selected boards.

During the move some topics will no longer have a place on this forum, over the 9 and half years we have been online 'The Pub' has gone from a light hearted off topic area to discuss TV shows, food and pets to heated discussions in sensitive subject areas which are not only time consuming but difficult to moderate. 

We understand that some members will be upset by this move and I can only apologise, it wasn't an easy decision but one that we felt necessary for the future of dcfcfans.uk which was primarily setup to discuss Derby County Football Club.

What are @Lambchop, @StringerBell and @StivePesley going to do now?

10 minutes ago, mozza said:

Would it be advisable to select all topics as 'read' and start afresh, as most of the topics take us back to the beginning? I presume it's personal preference. 

Bad idea, thought i'd be just 'marking as read' off topic area, marks the whole site as read. Oh well.. 

Just now, mozza said:

Bad idea, thought i'd be just 'marking as read' off topic area, marks the whole site as read. Oh well.. 

If you click on the Ram icon next to each forum you can just mark that forum as read

Archived