Whoa...

Angry Ram

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
12 hours ago, David said:

There is, and I am sorry it has come to this and @Gaspode you do have a point, a bit of warning would have been nice.

Today was one of those enough is enough moments, time to take action, which is why it all came as a bit "whoa" but it's not an ill thought out plan, it's been on the cards for a couple of weeks.

When we launched this forum in January 2009 the one goal we had was for a friendly, fun, welcoming place to discuss the club.

Over the last 12 months or so The Pub has rapidly deteriorated as topics have become heated to the point where we have had to step in with warnings, bans and even some users closing their accounts.

That's not what we want, we shouldn't be losing Derby fans opinions on the game on Saturday over a disagreement on Donald Trump.

The truth is that it has become very difficult to moderate and we're not setup to provide a platform where topics such as politics, religion and gender can be discussed. If we lose a few more members now because of that we will have to take the hit, but I feel it's the best way forward to get the forum back to where it doesn't matter who you vote for, the colour of your skin, what you wear, or who you find attractive, we are all Derby County fans and deep down you all know this is all Keogh's fault.

I feel your pain David.

the Pub was like a real life Pub... Some people who don't know when enough is enough spoil the fun for everyone else. 

I agree the content of the pub was sometimes repetitive and had the same people having the same arguments about dubious things (moderator's nightmare)...so I won't miss lots of the threads.

I don't like the new layout though. I would sometimes see something I thought oh that's interesting, that is now in an area I won't visit....(eg food n drink). 

I have heard you all on the layout. 

My goal was not to annoy you but improve this forum, clearly it wasn't an improvement. I have reverted it back to a single forum, but I have updated the forum terms of use which you will all be notified of today and included a note at the top of this board.

No politics, religion and sex.

These topics no longer have a place on this forum.

14 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Can we all have a minutes silence for the demise of the Brexit thread...

Thank god..

Creating that thread was my finest hour you irascible cantankerous git?

can’t blame a thread for polarising opinions that were already polarised.

my only regret was not having an “Angry’s right so it doesn’t matter “ option on the voting.....? 

21 minutes ago, David said:

I have heard you all on the layout. 

My goal was not to annoy you but improve this forum, clearly it wasn't an improvement. I have reverted it back to a single forum, but I have updated the forum terms of use which you will all be notified of today and included a note at the top of this board.

No politics, religion and sex.

These topics no longer have a place on this forum.

I've never been interested in religion, a passing interest in politics. So I can live without them. 

But as for none of the last item on the list. As my wife taken over the contol of the site?

Fully understand the need for a change but Off Topic Area doesn't have the same ring to it as when it was called the Pub.

Can someone come up with a better, new name for this section of the site.

Obviously only after getting David's permission first.

37 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Creating that thread was my finest hour you irascible cantankerous git?

can’t blame a thread for polarising opinions that were already polarised.

my only regret was not having an “Angry’s right so it doesn’t matter “ option on the voting.....? 

I like that last bit. ?

What was it over 1000 pages. You should get an honourable mention in the DCFCFans New Years review. 

7 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Fully understand the need for a change but Off Topic Area doesn't have the same ring to it as when it was called the Pub.

Playroom, Softplay, Madhouse, etc..

21 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

The way some folk preached to the rest of us, perhaps the Pulpit would be appropriate (if that doesn't breach the 'No Religion' rule....)

Mixed feelings about the changes. 

I'm relieved the site is no longer a platform for some very prejudiced viewpoints; that had gone way beyond a difference of opinion and crossed the line into what would legally be termed hate speech. I can understand why that was a nightmare to moderate without a team of lawyers. 

On the other hand, no discussion of current affairs or issues which affect people's lives feels like a loss to the forum. 

Not sure what's meant by no discussion of sex; wasn't aware that anyone was giving us a blow by blow account (can I say that?) Celebrity crushes is still up...

What am I now to do with the six people I had on 'Ignore'?

Yes, I realise that this is in direct conflict with my previous 'difficult subjects' post, but why can't I dip my head in the sand too occasionally?

Archived