v Hull City (A) Match Thread

Derby blood

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Hull fan told me that today. Said perfectly safe, car wise.

Not parked there before but not far to motorway or Humber bridge, so that’s where I’m heading this time.

The only drawback is there can be quite lengthy queues getting out. We turn right out of car park, then left and rejoin A63 further out (it's well signposted. ) 

22 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Thank god for that, now we will see jozefoon or Waghorn given a start

Why would you be so glad to see Lawrence not start,he has given us goals,great at free kicks,opens up the play,works hard and has ability to use and control the ball.Yes he sometimes holds the ball a little longer than he should but he is attack minded and now in a much more talented expressive team than last season which he will benefit from.Only time he won’t start for Derby is if he is injured as Lampard appreciates this valuable asset we have this season.Shame you can’t see his talent rather than wanting players to start because we have spent money on them

11 minutes ago, dcfc4ever said:

Why would you be so glad to see Lawrence not start,he has given us goals,great at free kicks,opens up the play,works hard and has ability to use and control the ball.Yes he sometimes holds the ball a little longer than he should but he is attack minded and now in a much more talented expressive team than last season which he will benefit from.Only time he won’t start for Derby is if he is injured as Lampard appreciates this valuable asset we have this season.Shame you can’t see his talent rather than wanting players to start because we have spent money on them

Lawrence isn't a bad player and  he can score some good goals but I think jozefoon and Waghorn will offer more as they will score just as many if not more and not be as selfish and loose the ball as much as Lawrence

I’m not jumping for joy at the thought of Lawrence missing out like some people on here, but I do think it could be a blessing. I’ve always been of the opinion he’s not a winger. Josefzoon absolutely is, which is why I want him starting. Perhaps a bit early yet, but Holmes also looks a genuine wideman, rather than a striker who’s been pushed out wide, i look forward to see us playing with to proper wingers at some point ?

Been a bit unlucky with injuries.

Don't really like Lawrence but I'd rather he learns how to use his ability and shut me up than him be out injured and Lampard not be able to select the team  he wants. 

DM is the most crucial decision at the minute. Our best periods of football this season have come when Evans, Johnson and Huddlestone have played there. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

The only drawback is there can be quite lengthy queues getting out. We turn right out of car park, then left and rejoin A63 further out (it's well signposted. ) 

Just booked us in overnight in Cleethorpes, good place to celebrate a win! So no rush.

Plus thought it was about time I taught my lads what roughing it was all about ???

2 hours ago, dcfc4ever said:

Because “we” have to have a scapegoat (in addition to the regular Keogh) every season. 

Carson

wisdom Keogh tomori Forsyth     

Huddlestone    

Mount.         Bryson 

waghorn.   Marriott.    Jo flo 

well that’s what I would go for anyway - no point risking injured lads carrying knocks like Bennett and bogle and as the season goes on that’s the team I expect to be seeing with Davies and Wilson playing 

Don't think this will be a walk over after the mid week game,but will be very disappointed if we can't take all 3 points.difficult selection for FL ,but needs to get the team jelling and playing free flowing football. Should be some good competitive rivalry for places and hopefully a good buzz around the club.COYR.

On 31/08/2018 at 09:50, McLovin said:

Carson

Wisdom Keogh  Tomori  Forsyth

Huddlestone

Mount                Johnson

Waghorn  Nugent  Jozefzoon

I do hope Hudds is fit enough to play for a second time this week because that’s the team I’d like to see. Balanced defence (Forsyth attacking, Wisdom less so), midfield balanced with Johnson more in the Hendrick role. Bryson and mount are alternates for me. And the front three look like clever players who know how to score. They need game time to understand each other. Feeling positive. 

That 11 doesn’t include Wilson, Bryson, Bennet, Evans, Bogle, Malone, Marriott, Davies or Lawrence...or Thorne. 

A second 11 of 

Roos 

Bogle  Davies Pearce Malone

Thorne

Bryson            Evans 

Wilson       Marriot     Lawrence 

and...Bennet...who I’ve not left out on purpose. 

Whilst we all have our preferences, other than Roos, they are all more than able alternates. 

Going to This and looking forward to it, I am expecting a win. 

Carson 

wisdom    Keogh  tomori  Forsyth 

Ledley 

Mount      Johnson 

Bennett    Nugent    Josefzoon 

Opted for ledley and Forsyth beacaue of the international break coming up. I see no need risking huddlestone and malone, when it's not really necessary with our squad depth.

Archived