.               Huddlestone.    Johnson

bennett.   Bryson.    Lawrence.   Jozefzoon 

.      Waghorn.     Marriott.    Nugent 

Is this a starting a 15 players, me thinks the ref might spot this

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Will get in early, as I want Derby and myself to keep this winning streak going on into the international break, tonight we were a joy to watch, Frank has some hard choices to make, think we will win, but only by 2 goals to nil, starting to move the ball well, and we have plenty of movement up top, hope we keep this going, and in Mount we have a player who could reach the very top. Once a Ram always a Ram.

I have a dream ... that you’ll be still starting these threads at the end of April after an unprecedented run for the invincible RAMS

57 minutes ago, DenbyRam said:

Advance warning for Saturday that there's no trains between Derby and Sheffield. It's a replacement bus to Chesterfield then train to Sheffield.

Compounding this is that Northern trains are running a limited timetable due to strike action, so only one direct train an hour from Sheffield to Hull, then only one back after the game at 6.27pm.

Bloody trains!! Or lack of!

18 minutes ago, jono said:

I have a dream ... that you’ll be still starting these threads at the end of April after an unprecedented run for the invincible RAMS

I hope so lol, but if we keep winning, then I will carry on with the match day thread if that's ok with everyone, a bit like Frank starting the bounce after every win, Jesus talk about having superstitious lol. But if the winning run Carrys on , so be it.

13 minutes ago, Gil said:

@Jourdan called this kid the "new Darren Bent". Sometimes I wonder if I'm indeed watching the same games as some of the people on here

Very interesting seen in that context....

Seems very comfortable on either foot. Lovely touch and manipulation on the ball. Looks great...its whether he can reproduce it when there is pressure on him. 

Don't see Darren Bent...  at times he looks like a more mobile Ross Barkley.

11 hours ago, RamNut said:

Carson

wisdom.    Keogh.   Tomori.     Forsyth.   Malone

.               Huddlestone.    Johnson

bennett.   Bryson.    Lawrence.   Jozefzoon 

.      Waghorn.     Marriott.    Nugent 

Like it - if you can’t decide between Fozzy and Malone - play them both!

Hope the ref doesn’t notice!

24 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Worst opinion I’ve ever seen on here ? the guy is a cut above. 

Mason Bennett the next Wanchope
Callum Ball will play for England one day
16/17 - Matej Vydra should never wear the shirt again, 17/18 Matej Vydra Golden Boot Winner
Mason Mount is the new Darren Bent

Should turn these quotes into t shirts. 

That little montage reminded me our short corners were infinitely more effective with Jozefzoon instead of Lawrence. He actually goes past the defender who comes out to meet him, and then either he or Mount are in loads of space. Lawrence usually fires it into the first defender's midriff.

If Lawrence gets his place back, which I expect him too, I hope we minimise the amount of short corners we take.

1 hour ago, Gil said:

@Jourdan called this kid the "new Darren Bent". Sometimes I wonder if I'm indeed watching the same games as some of the people on here

You weren't watching the same game, because he was commenting without even watching the Hull game (and possibly others).

1 hour ago, Gil said:

That's a great little video - where is it from? 

Interesting that when he gives the ball away it's because he's trying to make something happen. He often passes it anticipating the other player to have moved into space that they haven't spotted themselves! 

Carson

Wisdom        Keogh         Tomori       Malone

Huddlestone

Johnson                   Mount

Jozefzoon                                          Lawrence

Waghorn

Roos, Davies, Forsyth, Bryson, Holmes, Bennett, Marriott.

I would replace Roos with Carson which is the obvious choice, However Roos is the better passer IMO.

I would also like Malone to be given a chance on Saturday, he played well the other night and was a very good attacking outlet.

Huddlestone should keep his place, He is exactly what we have been missing and Ledley has been very very poor this season.

Johnson would start for me over Bryson, Him - Huddlestone and Mount worked very well in a 3 - He got a great assist for the first goal and won most of his headers and tackles.

Lawrence would definitely play, hes our top scorer! People saying that Bennett should start but Lawrence shouldn't i dont quite understand? What has Bennett done which Lawrence hasn't? 

Jozefzoon would replace Bennett, Bennett looked tired after 70 mins against Preston and had a slight problem with his hamstring - Jozefzoon was amazing the other night and his goal was fantastic - I think he by far the better compared to Bennett.

Waghron would replace Nugent, Waghorn played very well on Tuesday and linked up play aswell as running in behind - He grabbed his first goal of the season which was a great finish - For me Nugent is an average player and wont be playing much this season. Lets start getting a settled team out there.

3 hours ago, angieram said:

Interesting that when he gives the ball away it's because he's trying to make something happen. He often passes it anticipating the other player to have moved into space that they haven't spotted themselves! 

It's the raw feed from Sky's cameras it looks like, just the one camera angle. 

The highlights we put up on the website are usually that terrible highlights commentator "dubbing" either Sky or RamsTV's feed. In this case most likely Sky's, so there's clearly a method of getting access to that footage.

Whoever runs that Chelsea youtube channel must just know someone.

Will probably put up more Mount videos this season, but it looks like they upload similar videos of every Chelsea loanee. 

EDIT: In fact looking at their history, they have similar videos for the Leeds and Oldham games, which suggests it is the Sky raw footage they're getting hold of.

3 hours ago, angieram said:

Agree it's a good video and shows what a talent he is.

i do have one minor problem with your last sentence though. It does sound a bit like "it was a great pass. It's not my fault there was no one there to receive it".

Very much looking forwards to this one, bought my tickets the other day - only started going away this season and have to say I love it so far ?

Anyone know where's the best place to park at 'Ull - don't really want to have to walk miles if possible.

COYR

14 minutes ago, LE_Ram said:

Very much looking forwards to this one, bought my tickets the other day - only started going away this season and have to say I love it so far ?

Anyone know where's the best place to park at 'Ull - don't really want to have to walk miles if possible.

COYR

Just before the ground (Walton Street) - huge car park never full. Short walk through park to ground. Costs £5

52 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Agree it's a good video and shows what a talent he is.

i do have one minor problem with your last sentence though. It does sound a bit like "it was a great pass. It's not my fault there was no one there to receive it".

Sorry, yes it does! He doesn't always get it right but there are a couple of occasions on there where he was expecting another player to move on and they were on their heels, that's what I meant. 

4 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Carson

Wisdom        Keogh         Tomori       Malone

Huddlestone

Johnson                   Mount

Jozefzoon                                          Lawrence

Waghorn

Roos, Davies, Forsyth, Bryson, Holmes, Bennett, Marriott.

I would replace Roos with Carson which is the obvious choice, However Roos is the better passer IMO.

I would also like Malone to be given a chance on Saturday, he played well the other night and was a very good attacking outlet.

Huddlestone should keep his place, He is exactly what we have been missing and Ledley has been very very poor this season.

Johnson would start for me over Bryson, Him - Huddlestone and Mount worked very well in a 3 - He got a great assist for the first goal and won most of his headers and tackles.

Lawrence would definitely play, hes our top scorer! People saying that Bennett should start but Lawrence shouldn't i dont quite understand? What has Bennett done which Lawrence hasn't? 

Jozefzoon would replace Bennett, Bennett looked tired after 70 mins against Preston and had a slight problem with his hamstring - Jozefzoon was amazing the other night and his goal was fantastic - I think he by far the better compared to Bennett.

Waghron would replace Nugent, Waghorn played very well on Tuesday and linked up play aswell as running in behind - He grabbed his first goal of the season which was a great finish - For me Nugent is an average player and wont be playing much this season. Lets start getting a settled team out there.

Gave it a like as it was near-on the money! I think he may retain Fozzy over Malone though. Not too fussed either way as both offer a lot. Great to have genuine competition in that position for change wherby its not pros and cons to each but more who wants the shirt the most when given the chance. 

Can't see him leaving Nugent out completely and would expect him to be on the bench. No idea who for though 

Archived