v Hull City (A) Match Thread

Derby blood

Will get in early, as I want Derby and myself to keep this winning streak going on into the international break, tonight we were a joy to watch, Frank has some hard choices to make, think we will win, but only by 2 goals to nil, starting to move the ball well, and we have plenty of movement up top, hope we keep this going, and in Mount we have a player who could reach the very top. Once a Ram always a Ram.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's hope we can carry on where we left off. It would be so frustrating to go and lose 1-0 or something after battering them tonight.

They will be much changed. 9 changes for the game tonight, I doubt many of those brought in to the side staked much of a claim for a starting spot, the opposite can be said for our side. Despite that, even though we're likely to face a completely different set of players, they're still a poor side and it's a game I'd be disappointed not to win.

As for how we'll line up, I really haven't got a clue. I don't know how Frank will have approached the game tonight. The players brought in may have been purely for more match fitness, or it could've been more of a win yourself a place in the team move. Either way, he's got some tough decisions to make following performances in our last two games.

This is the side I'd probably go for, although I think Lawrence and Bryson will probably play, but I'd leave them out just because they haven't performed quite as well as some of the others. Huddlestone is our best CDM and one of the only ones who can really play it well, but I'd have Johnson in because he offers something different and has done alright recently. The two wing-positions could be made up of any combination, and I don't think you could argue against any of them starting. Nugent and Waghorn is also a tough choice, and I wouldn't be against either of them starting.

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Tomori Forsyth

Huddlestone

Mount Johnson

Bennett Waghorn Jozefzoon

Who'd be a manager?

Brilliant tonight but shouldn't get too carried away, was their second string team. 

Carson 

Wisdom Keogh Tomori Forsyth

Huddlestone

Mount Johnson

Jozefzoon Waghorn Lawrence

So hard to pick the front three, feel Bennett and Nugent could play potentially instead of Lawrence. Unlike some i've thought Lawrence has played well and the value of a freekick from nothing can't be understated. 

No way will Huddlestone start on Sat, played the full 90 and had no preseason.

Will be 4231 with Bryson & Johnson in the 2, could be 433 with Johnson CDM

Carson; Wisdom Keogh Tomori Forsyth; Bryson Johnson; Bennett Mount Lawrence; Nugent

Subs: Roos Malone Huddlestone Holmes Jozefzoon Waghorn Marriott

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

No way will Huddlestone start on Sat, played the full 90 and had no preseason.

Will be 4231 with Bryson & Johnson in the 2, could be 433 with Johnson CDM

Carson; Wisdom Keogh Tomori Forsyth; Bryson Johnson; Bennett Mount Lawrence; Nugent

Subs: Roos Malone Huddlestone Holmes Jozefzoon Waghorn Marriott

I think jozefoon will start after how well he played today and if Huddlestone was fit enough for tonight why should be unfit Saturday? When he's a player who doesn't sprint around he just relies on his football brain and ability with the ball , I hope Bryson doesn't start as him and Lawrence are the main weak links in our attacking play, as they give it away too much.

For tonight's phoney war we made eight changes and they made nine. It showed who has the stronger squad, but who has the better team? Does Frankie even know his best team? I think we'll see five changes from tonight:

Carson back in for Roos

Forsyth back in for Malone 

Bryson back in for Johnson 

Nugent back in for Marriott

Bennett back in for Josefzoon 

Tough for Josefzoon but Bennett is also playing well and FloJo is a horrible sub to play against after Bennett has been battering you all game. Tough for Lawrence after his goals, but still not convinced he does enough for the team. Tough for Johnson (never thought I'd say that) but Bryson still merits the start. 

9 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

I think jozefoon will start after how well he played today and if Huddlestone was fit enough for tonight why should be unfit Saturday? When he's a player who doesn't sprint around he just relies on his football brain and ability with the ball , I hope Bryson doesn't start as him and Lawrence are the main weak links in our attacking play, as they give it away too much.

Lawrence, Bryson, Carson, Bennett & Nugent werent in the squad or didnt come off the bench for a reason, they will start on Sat. This isnt my particular choice but will be what Lampard goes with, its done well in the last 2 league games.

So you would rather a 30+ year old who has had no preseason, hasnt played any minutes this season til tonight then played 90mins to risk injury by starting again on Sat? If there was any chance he would have come off after 60mins not Johnson

8 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

For tonight's phoney war we made eight changes and they made nine. It showed who has the stronger squad, but who has the better team? Does Frankie even know his best team? I think we'll see five changes from tonight:

Carson back in for Roos

Forsyth back in for Malone 

Bryson back in for Johnson 

Nugent back in for Marriott

Bennett back in for Josefzoon 

Tough for Josefzoon but Bennett is also playing well and FloJo is a horrible sub to play against after Bennett has been battering you all game. Tough for Lawrence after his goals, but still not convinced he does enough for the team. Tough for Johnson (never thought I'd say that) but Bryson still merits the start. 

I'd be disgusted if forsyth and Bryson came back in , Malone played well tonight and forsyth is such a liability he can play well some games but is awful in others and why sign  Malone for 3.5 mill if your going to play an inconsistent player ahead of him? Bryson runs around a lot but cant pass well and is too lightweight and poor in the air Johnson played very well tonight and quite well on Saturday as well so I think he deserves to start. The other two are debateable but I 100% think  jozefoon deserves a start so I'd be happy to see Lawrence dropped as he did n't do much on Saturday and has scored 3 goals so far but not played that well.

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

Lawrence, Bryson, Carson, Bennett & Nugent werent in the squad or didnt come off the bench for a reason, they will start on Sat. This isnt my particular choice but will be what Lampard goes with, its done well in the last 2 league games.

So you would rather a 30+ year old who has had no preseason, hasnt played any minutes this season til tonight then played 90mins to risk injury by starting again on Sat? If there was any chance he would have come off after 60mins not Johnson

you could always sub him off last 15 minutes , he doesn't run around much so the chance of risking an injury isn't that high, anything but Bryson sitting deep .

8 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

you could always sub him off last 15 minutes , he doesn't run around much so the chance of risking an injury isn't that high, anything but Bryson sitting deep .

You cant just chuck players in who have missed games through injury like Huddlestone & Malone. Especially when there is a 2 week international break coming up, really is no point risking them 2 as well as the likes of Bogle, Wilson, Davies & Ledley.

Forsyth deserves to keep his place after 2 league clean sheets, Johnson would be sat deep based on when he came on vs Preston.

Carson

Wisdom           Keogh           tomori          Forsyth

Huddlestone

Mount                   Johnson

Jozefzoon                    waghorn              Lawrence

Or

Carson

Wisdom      Keogh       tomori      Forsyth

Huddlestone     Johnson

Jozefzoon         mount               Lawrence

Waghorn

Might sound harsh but I dont think bennett and Nugent as part of the front 3 cuts the mustard at away games, especially where hull are likely to play it compact and almost park the bus, looking to counter. Id prefer FloJo and waghorn, a bit more quality

Good luck to Lampard picking a team for this game... Jesus! 

My personal choice:
Carson; Wisdom, Keogh, Tomori, Malone; Huddlestone, Johnson, Mount; Jozefzoon, Bennett, Waghorn. 

What I think Lampard will go with:
Carson; Wisdom, Keogh, Tomori, Forsyth; Johnson, Bryson, Mount; Bennett, Lawrence, Nugent

Much as the friiendlies were misleading we should not allow an exciting performance against a very poor Hull side cloud our judgment too much.

It's great that a few from outside the team have done well and I fully expect them to establish themselves over the next few weeks but we won our last two league games so don't be surprised if there are no changes.

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Good luck to Lampard picking a team for this game... Jesus! 

My personal choice:
Carson; Wisdom, Keogh, Tomori, Malone; Huddlestone, Johnson, Mount; Jozefzoon, Bennett, Waghorn. 

What I think Lampard will go with:
Carson; Wisdom, Keogh, Tomori, Forsyth; Johnson, Bryson, Mount; Bennett, Lawrence, Nugent

Would agree with the team you want! Malone was fantastic last night. Really really silky on the ball. 

Johnson has shown for me, that he should be playing ahead of Bryson. Just brings more to the pitch. 

One thing to to remember is that they made 9 changes last night including 4 academy graduates and you could tell. It was boys against men. This match will be a much tougher test! 

Archived