v Hull City (A) Match Thread

Derby blood

2 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

He was very good, but someone needs to sit him down and teach him how to say Jozefzoon. I think he pronounced it differently every time he said, and not once did he actually say it right. 

Wait TIL ramage tries to say his name!! ?

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Biggest thing I take away from today is that Huddlestone is perfect for this system and team. This isn’t a knock on Johnno, because he defended fantastic today, but he isn’t a ball playing midfielder, so the DM role doesn’t suit him in that regard. From after their equaliser for around 20 minutes, Hinson and Wisdom couldn’t find the midfielders and wide men quick enough to really take to Hull. 

I’m really excited to see Huddlestone and Davies in this side 

The way he’s played the last few games I’d be leaving Bryson out for Johnson. Huddlestone, Johnson and Mount would be my 3!

Lamps seems to have a bit of a golden touch at the moment. Bennet on as sub... Two assists leading to two late winners. Also picked Josefzoon ahead of Lawrence, and he scored the winner. Bit of  a tinkerman... Has he learned that from Ranieri? 

Thought we controlled game today and s second goal would have seen them collapse again.

So pleased for Bennett, once again proves his worth, hope he doesn’t get tagged as an impact sub, but he’s certainly showing he can change a game; totally mugged their dithering centre backs.

Listening to Radio Humberside after the game I realise how bias the opposition can be, that Kane fellow said they bossed the game and should have won..... delusional beyond belief!

Another win for Sir Bouncealot!

Really pleasing to see that Frank and the boys are grinding out the wins. We are winning the tight and ugly games that make the difference between promotion and top 10. Long may it continue.

We have beaten struggling sides and will have to step it up in the coming months. But aside from being outclassed by Leeds, it’s almost been the perfect start for Frank. There are many positives to take and we have a platform to build on.

You have to think the international break has come at the worst time imaginable, after 4 consecutive wins in all competitions.

But if that means getting Davies and Huddlestone back in to add some calm and composure to the team, it could be a blessing too.

The next step for Frank is finding a settled side and coaxing more complete performances out of the boys - because then we’ll all be bouncing!!

Scoring last minute winners + winning when not at best + big squad with healthy competition + new signings settling in quickly and playing well + sensible manager talking sense + in touch with the leaders early in the season = we are in a great position 

1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

For anyone who watches the highlights, keep an eye on the chance for Nugent at 1 minute and 5 seconds. The linesman flagged and gave offside for that ..... that's the type of officiating we had today

That was appalling. The standard of refereeing and the linesmen in this league are bad. Fortunately it didn’t cost us today but it might in the future. I felt that we lost some momentum after the home game against Bristol City last season where we were denied a clear penalty after Jerome was fouled right at the end of the game and we only won 1 out of 10 games after that shambolic decision. Who knows? If we scored the penalty that should have been given, we could have gone up. Poor decisions don’t always just affect one particular game but they can affect subsequent games due to momentum. 

28 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

He was very good, but someone needs to sit him down and teach him how to say Jozefzoon. I think he pronounced it differently every time he said, and not once did he actually say it right. 

So it was just like having Ramage there then?

1 minute ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Absolutely would be my 3 as well. Has the best balance to it. 

Feck it, give Bird a go alongside Mount with Huddlestone behind them, or even Sibley if Frank is feeling adventurous. Plenty of academy players impressed during pre season and those who've had a chance in competitive games have continued that theme, so I don't think there would be much harm in giving one of those two a shot there

10 minutes ago, McLovin said:

That was appalling. The standard of refereeing and the linesmen in this league are bad. Fortunately it didn’t cost us today but it might in the future. I felt that we lost some momentum after the home game against Bristol City last season where we were denied a clear penalty after Jerome was fouled right at the end of the game and we only won 1 out of 10 games after that shambolic decision. Who knows? If we scored the penalty that should have been given, we could have gone up. Poor decisions don’t always just affect one particular game but they can affect subsequent games due to momentum. 

So we might possibly still have Rowett as manager?

Well done that ref!

Thought the players that showed the most quality to day were Jozefzoon and Mount. Both can be relied on controlling the ball under pressure. Keogh did what he had to do and Johnson got in some good blocks and headers. 

I thought Malone was defensively weak and didn’t offer much in an attacking sense. Tomori had a poor second half. 

It was frustrating to see Wisdom get the ball and then come to a complete standstill with his foot on the ball. Could be partly to do with lack of movement ahead of him but we struggled to knit the fullbacks to the midfield. 

All in all, we rode our luck and if we had scored a second in the first half, I feel we would have had a much more comfortable day. All the players put a shift in and it looked like the Hull lads were pretty gassed at the end too. 

Great to be picking up points whilst still trying to find the right balance. 

Just got back excellent 3 Pts 

Carson - ok

wisdom - decent defensively but had lots of the ball and wasn’t willing to forward pass it

keogh - trying to do everything again 

tomori - his passing was poor today giving the ball away a lot

malone - to me everything he did was fairly dreadful, out of position a lot allowing crosses and not challenging on headers 

johnson - tries his best 

Bryson - covered miles but mainly blocking the passes 

mount - was a threat in forward positions 

jo flo- good goal but more important he can control the ball and is a real threat if given good ball

waghorn - scored a pen not a lot more 

nugent - neeeds his shots on target but again we need to hold the ball up 

subs - Lawrence- did ok 

Forsyth- very unlucky to be dropped and did what you need to do at left back when he came on 

Bennett - strength power and direct - again crosses for us to win away again - nice one 

we were lucky to win and somebody needs to hold the ball up somewhere as we gave it away enough for 5 games 

17 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

You have to think the international break has come at the worst time imaginable, after 4 consecutive wins in all competitions.

Not sure I agree. So many times in recent years we have gone into an international break on the back of a disappointing result. Now Frank and Jody can have most of the (relatively new) squad together for a fortnight to work them to the bone, obsess on tactics and start focusing on the autos. By the time they come back in a fortnight, hopefully with Bogle and Davies back in contention, it’ll be like releasing a pack of starved dogs.

Archived