Ipswich ticket price! £27.50

DCFC27

How does the club justify a Tuesday night vs Ipswich to be charged £27.50. 

My working situation changes often and I have to pay for singular tickets each game. 

That sort of pricing surely would deter fans. I personally feel anything more than £20 is too much for a midweek game unless it’s a hyped up game such as Forest/Leeds etc. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

My working situation changes often and I have to pay for singular tickets each game. 

That sort of pricing surely would deter fans. I personally feel anything more than £20 is too much for a midweek game unless it’s a hyped up game such as Forest/Leeds etc. 

The fact its in Ipswich would deter me more.

We will be back to 25,000 I reckon on Tuesday.

Limited away fans, Tuesday, Sky, Crap results, and stupid price.

Agreed that £20 for any Category of seat should be the price but from a business perspective, don't think the attendance would be too dissimilar if it was £20 or £27 so revenue (not fan support) more important.

57 minutes ago, rammieib said:

We will be back to 25,000 I reckon on Tuesday.

Limited away fans, Tuesday, Sky, Crap results, and stupid price.

Agreed that £20 for any Category of seat should be the price but from a business perspective, don't think the attendance would be too dissimilar if it was £20 or £27 so revenue (not fan support) more important.

I'm going but I was surprised at the price for a middle of the road fixture mid week.

Be glad to get a season ticket come the new year when I'm finally off shifts for the first time in years and it becomes worthwhile my having one.

3 hours ago, DcfcJB said:

Have you purchased your ticket yet? I have a spare one if you want it. No charge. 

Why would it be cheaper just because it's a Tuesday?

Do the players get paid less for playing midweek games?

If anything it should cost more for a night game. Floodlights on, more lighting around the outside and inside the ground means night games cost the club more to put on.

Are meals in restaurants cheaper midweek?

Is beer cheaper in the pubs midweek?

Football is over priced full stop. But I don't see why midweek matches should be any cheaper. You're going to sit in the same seat and you're going to watch the same players.

I've seen nothing to suggest that the more fans we have in the ground the better our support is. 

I'm sure the club have done their homework and know what the optimum pricing is for matches. 

And let's not forget that we are all really concerned about FFP and Mel Morris running the club responsibly, so surely maximising revenue is important? 

I think it's disgraceful that any Championship club charges more than £20 for any match but unfortunately it has been the norm for a very long time and I'm surprised that a price or £27-50 has raised any eyebrows.

Archived