Ipswich ticket price! £27.50

DCFC27

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

If every club signed up to it then the effects would be relative to everybody? 

Good luck with that. 

You really think Sheff Wed are going to cut their prices from £50 to £20?

Oldham away in the cup was  £15 for a Tuesday night, the crowd was about 3000.

Forest regularly do kids for a quid and fill their ground once a season.

I'm not really sure that football is that price sensitive.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Good luck with that. 

You really think Sheff Wed are going to cut their prices from £50 to £20?

Oldham away in the cup was  £15 for a Tuesday night, the crowd was about 3000.

Forest regularly do kids for a quid and fill their ground once a season.

I'm not really sure that football is that price sensitive.

Yeah I understand the difficulties of it however my point still stands that if the whole league went for it we’d be fine. 

I think it’d be worth it if even 18 clubs agree to it. Most of our income is from season tickets. Dropping prices to £20 for category b and below and £30 for category a games wouldn’t have a huge impact. 

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

How would that affect our income over the season and would you be happy with the effect that this had on our transfer policy?

I'd argue that it might improve the revenue. If you look at the attendances of most games, there's not much of a non season ticket crowd within the stadium.

£20 I would imagine is the tipping point for the floating fans who make a decision on the Saturday morning whether to go or not. At the moment a lot of them are not going. 

An extra 3k on the gate buying a beer and pie would more than make up lost revenue. There's always the argument that once you get people into the ground and attending regularly they tend to stick around for a while. Once people get out of the habit its very difficult to tempt them back. 

I guess there's no guarantee that the 3k will come, regardless of the price, and I'm sure more informed people than me at the club have done the calculations. 

The % of gate receipts to total revenue is getting less and less every season. In terms of transfer policy the more important revenue generation items are Broadcasting revenue and Sponsorship. 

7 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Yeah I understand the difficulties of it however my point still stands that if the whole league went for it we’d be fine. 

I think it’d be worth it if even 18 clubs agree to it. Most of our income is from season tickets. Dropping prices to £20 for category b and below and £30 for category a games wouldn’t have a huge impact. 

If 18 clubs agreed to it, that would be 6 that hadn't, would you be happy to give a competitive advantage to 6 teams? I'm pretty sure MM wouldn't!

I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments but the greed of the game make it very unlikely to happen.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

If 18 clubs agreed to it, that would be 6 that hadn't, would you be happy to give a competitive advantage to 6 teams? I'm pretty sure MM wouldn't!

I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments but the greed of the game make it very unlikely to happen.

There comes a time when doing the right thing > doing the most profitable thing. 

If 18 clubs do it but hike their prices up hugely for those who don’t (I’m talking take the p1ss prices like £50 a ticket for their away fans) then pressure from their fans will make its way up to board level. 

If you get enough on board you can bully the others. 

7 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

I'd argue that it might improve the revenue. If you look at the attendances of most games, there's not much of a non season ticket crowd within the stadium.

£20 I would imagine is the tipping point for the floating fans who make a decision on the Saturday morning whether to go or not. At the moment a lot of them are not going. 

An extra 3k on the gate buying a beer and pie would more than make up lost revenue. There's always the argument that once you get people into the ground and attending regularly they tend to stick around for a while. Once people get out of the habit its very difficult to tempt them back. 

I guess there's no guarantee that the 3k will come, regardless of the price, and I'm sure more informed people than me at the club have done the calculations. 

The % of gate receipts to total revenue is getting less and less every season. In terms of transfer policy the more important revenue generation items are Broadcasting revenue and Sponsorship. 

We tried the dynamic pricing model when GSE were in charge, so I'm pretty sure that the club have a lot of the facts in front of them.

Don't agree with bottom paragraph, every penny counts.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Are meals in restaurants cheaper midweek?

Is beer cheaper in the pubs midweek?

Yes, they are.

That's when you can walk in to an average pub and get food offers or cheap drinks. Grill night on a Wednesday where I go. Mega mixed grill and a Carlsberg for 12.50.

No offers on a Saturday.

We are an average pub offering a modest service.

1 minute ago, Norman said:

Yes, they are.

That's when you can walk in to an average pub and get food offers or cheap drinks. Grill night on a Wednesday where I go. Mega mixed grill and a Carlsberg for 12.50.

No offers on a Saturday.

We are an average pub offering a modest service.

Excellent, I'll have some gammon to go with the egg on my face please. 

Also are you televising the Ipswich match? 

I'm sure this pricing has something to do with the amount Ipswich charge us. It's always one of the dearer games to travel to and we do seem to reciprocate by making the prices for their fans (and subsequently our casual fans) equally expensive. 

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

We tried the dynamic pricing model when GSE were in charge, so I'm pretty sure that the club have a lot of the facts in front of them.

Don't agree with bottom paragraph, every penny counts.

Fair enough.

The way we watch Football has moved on significantly over the past season, never mind since GSE were in charge. 

It is getting harder and harder to attract the floating fans when some have become accustomed to watching Jeff Stelling and checking their coupons / fantasy football teams instantaneously down the pub. 

The way clubs have been dishing out transfers fees and wages with no regard to their income have given the impression that every penny doesn't count. 

It's not just Derby's problem. Football is going to miss out on the current 20 - 25 year old generation if they are not careful. 

17 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Fair enough.

The way we watch Football has moved on significantly over the past season, never mind since GSE were in charge. 

It is getting harder and harder to attract the floating fans when some have become accustomed to watching Jeff Stelling and checking their coupons / fantasy football teams instantaneously down the pub. 

The way clubs have been dishing out transfers fees and wages with no regard to their income have given the impression that every penny doesn't count. 

It's not just Derby's problem. Football is going to miss out on the current 20 - 25 year old generation if they are not careful. 

Too right, I can't wait for the day the bubble bursts and football implodes. 

29 minutes ago, Norman said:

Nope. I will be there. I think the pricing is poo. Really poo.

As much as I agree, if this was Tottenham or Man Utd away in the cup on a Tuesday night and the prices were £40 or £50 we would miraculously be able to sell all of our tickets.

I guess the argument is playing either of them teams is a lot different to playing Ipswich.

12 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Even worse when it seems each season without relent we lose 1-0 whenever we face Ipswich at home in recent years, least it seems that way in my mind. Almost not worth turning up until that record changes

Bet anyone it’s a Luke chambers header from a corner 

I’m sure iv had deja vu last 3 seasons or so lol 

Archived