v Millwall (A) Match Thread

Woodley Ram

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Interesting

Can only assume Lowe is injured if he has dropped out the squad entirely? Same with Wilson?

Wisdom has been a bit of a weak link passing wise, Bogle could be better for that.

Jozefzoon deserves a chance, Wilson has been poor.

To me Lowe hasnt defended at all well so far despite otherwise good performances  and thats his main job

wilson is still finding his way and is not what is needed for Millwall away.

They will both be back but we are seeing the value of our large squad - there is always someone good looking to come in if performances dip

Brave choice at right back but something hadnt been at all right about wisdom so far this season . After leeds the defence badly needed shoring up - the keogh/wisdom partnership was a bit of a shambles for some reason 

Well done Frank - good team 

3 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

To me Lowe hasnt defended at all well so far despite otherwise good performances  and thats his main job

wilson is still finding his way and is not what is needed for Millwall away.

They will both be back but we are seeing the value of our large squad - there is always someone good looking to come in if performances dip

Brave choice at right back but something hadnt been at all right about wisdom so far this season . After leeds the defence badly needed shoring up - the keogh/wisdom partnership was a bit of a shambles for some reason 

Well done Frank - good team 

I think the biggest problem with Wisdom is that hes probably our weakest passer. Maybe Johnson rivals him. Not going to suit a passing team with attacking full backs.

I do appreciate what Lampard's trying to do, as well.

If he transitions to a more defensive set-up, where we don't play the football he wants but we do start picking up results - it will be really difficult for him to justify transitioning from that set-up into the attacking system he wants to play. Doing so, and losing the results, would draw on huge criticism - far beyond what he's seeing at the moment.

We've probably got some more rough results to go through before the players really settle into this expansive system, but once they do I think we'll be sitting quite pretty.

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

Far from it. I enjoy reading all the tactical geniuses shouting 'look at me'.

Right. . . So nobodies allowed to post opinions on team selection on a public forum designed so people can post opinions on team selection. . . 

Bet you’re real fun at parties 

7 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

I think that’s a little harsh on Lowe. He’s been no worse than the other defenders, and against Leeds he was often exposed two against one as Lawrence wasn’t tracking back all the time. 

7 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

I think the biggest problem with Wisdom is that hes probably our weakest passer. Maybe Johnson rivals him. Not going to suit a passing team with attacking full backs.

Agreed. Hes also been pretty negative and he seems to be all over the place positionally .

Very strange - should be a big player for us 

Archived