v Millwall (A) Match Thread

Woodley Ram

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Saity said:

Like a Home game for me but although on my doorstep never really a fixture I relish......

You know too many faces Saity?!! 

Remember at Maine Rd for cup tie I was chatting to one of my mates who’s a blue, either side of the divide (minimal back then) got a few funny looks! 

A lot of my friends are Millwall  SK( including and I'm embarrased to mention the best man at my wedding was one of the pitch invaders  who had a kick at Martin Taylor when we blew them away at there place in the 2nd leg play of semi )

A great night for us marred by idiots and turned out to be quite a nasty evening although I was pre warned to expect it!! 

The old den was far more intimidating especially the arches and certain under passes /railway tunnels always best to be avoided lol.

My son was at Millwall academy and its not much better there lol

Talking of Maine Road my Chelsea mates still talk now about scary times going there as Blues fans definitely no colours were worn.

I expect a tough game saturday  with there direct style but hope we pick up 3 points but in truth will be happy with 1

Discounting the Oldham game, because, well, it was Oldham, then I would have to say a point this weekend would be a welcome one based on the first two league games. Obviously want the three points but Millwall are a tough side to break down at their place and I’ve seen little in the first two games to suggest we’ll keep a clean sheet. First goal vital I reckon. 

I’ll be there though. First away trip this season and combining it with a sightseeing trip for the boy. 

Carson; Bogle, Keogh, Tomori, Malone; Johnson, Mount, Ledley; Lawrence, Bennett, Flo-Jo. 

1 hour ago, Saity said:

Carson,Wisdom,Keogh,Temori,Malone,Evans,Johnson,Mount,Lawrence,Waghorn,Wilson

is my guess but maybe Flojo instead of Wilson, need a bit of strength for this one 

yes I like the look of this team, I really think we need to play with 2 holding midfielders at present.

I would have loved Hudd to be fit but in his absence Evans and Johnson fit the bill. 

Up front we have any 3 from 6 or 7 at least, and it will take FL a while to decide who his best options are.

2 hours ago, Saity said:

A lot of my friends are Millwall  SK( including and I'm embarrased to mention the best man at my wedding was one of the pitch invaders  who had a kick at Martin Taylor when we blew them away at there place in the 2nd leg play of semi )

A great night for us marred by idiots and turned out to be quite a nasty evening although I was pre warned to expect it!! 

The old den was far more intimidating especially the arches and certain under passes /railway tunnels always best to be avoided lol.

My son was at Millwall academy and its not much better there lol

Talking of Maine Road my Chelsea mates still talk now about scary times going there as Blues fans definitely no colours were worn.

I expect a tough game saturday  with there direct style but hope we pick up 3 points but in truth will be happy with 1

Remember that well, how could any Ram forget, we dismantled them didn’t we. Happy memories though as you say such a shame about the violence.

My bro and sis are big Blue Mooners, I’ve stood with them in the past in The Kippax and saw the worst I’ve seen when they lost 0-4 to Liverpool. Horrible scenes.

Most seem to be content with a point Sat, me too while we find our feet, another half a dozen games at least I reckon before Frank gets a good idea. 

Tough game this. But no reason we can't win it at all. 

I went to Oldham in the week and I know people say "It's only Oldham" you can only beat what's infront of you and we played well, controlled the majority of the game and looked a threat. That was easily a game we could have come unstuck in. 

Really impressed with both full backs on the day. Bogle looked very promising but Millwall away is a completely different proposition and I'd be tempted to stick with Wisdom. Malone looked very good (He's a lot taller than I thought he was) Marriott worked his socks off and never gave the defenders a minute. Was impressed with him. But I think Lampard will go with Waghorn. Evans looks strong and assured and adds a bit more composure than Ledley so he would get the nod for me. Also think its a toss up between Johnson and Bryson as to who plays with Mount.

I like the look of Jozefzoon. He's quick, direct and helps out his full back defensively too. I wouldn't mind him coming in for Lawrence or Wilson. Both were poor against Leeds (Like the majority of the team) I think Lawrence has been poor in both games. Honestly think he'd be getting a lot of stick from our fans if it weren't for his 2 goals, a great header and a good free kick. His general play hasn't been great in my opinion. 

My side would be:-

Carson, Wisdom, Keogh, Tomori, Malone, Evans, Johnson, Mount, Lawrence, Jozefzoon, Waghorn 

Subs:- Roos, Pearce, Bryson, Huddlestone, Wilson, Bennett, Marriott. 

I think Lampard will stick with Wilson and Lawrence to be honest.

Also think Keogh could have a problem when Davies is fit. 

Teams are different year on year but Milwall always stays in my mind after recent games .. one where they did a smash and grab on us and then played for time with lots of play acting and fake injuries. Then another where they just had boring organised banks of 4 and came away with something that they didn’t really deserve.

So ... dunno what will happen but am hoping we’ll cut through them an score hats full 

its going to be interesting who Frank decides will be a midfield anchor, get that right and we will win. 

1 hour ago, jono said:

Teams are different year on year but Milwall always stays in my mind after recent games .. one where they did a smash and grab on us and then played for time with lots of play acting and fake injuries. Then another where they just had boring organised banks of 4 and came away with something that they didn’t really deserve.

So ... dunno what will happen but am hoping we’ll cut through them an score hats full 

its going to be interesting who Frank decides will be a midfield anchor, get that right and we will win. 

Agree at our place but I think they play some good football at home. I'm expecting goals on both sides and an entertaining game.

4 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

yes I like the look of this team, I really think we need to play with 2 holding midfielders at present.

I would have loved Hudd to be fit but in his absence Evans and Johnson fit the bill. 

Up front we have any 3 from 6 or 7 at least, and it will take FL a while to decide who his best options are.

6 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Discounting the Oldham game, because, well, it was Oldham, then I would have to say a point this weekend would be a welcome one based on the first two league games. Obviously want the three points but Millwall are a tough side to break down at their place and I’ve seen little in the first two games to suggest we’ll keep a clean sheet. First goal vital I reckon. 

I’ll be there though. First away trip this season and combining it with a sightseeing trip for the boy. 

Carson; Bogle, Keogh, Tomori, Malone; Johnson, Mount, Ledley; Lawrence, Bennett, Flo-Jo. 

What you on about this team is poor. Bennett is a random name thrown into fill a void we have 2 better players for (Waghorn, Marriott).

Ledley well. Ledley has has been the worst player on the pitch in the last 2 games. He was brought off at HT against Leeds because hes Awful.

Wilson got an assist against Oldham so i think he will be included in starting 11. As long as Ledley is nowhere near the team im happy - Hopeful hes sold in January.

First game of the season for me, although I overestimated the demand for tickets 3 weeks ago and got a home end one to ensure I saw the match. 

Oh well, should be a good day regardless. Meeting my pal from Blackheath who I havnt seen for 18 months at Borough market around 1130am, a few sherberts before heading to the game together. 

Then back to London Bridge for more beers before my train up the road around 9pm.   

25 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

First game of the season for me, although I overestimated the demand for tickets 3 weeks ago and got a home end one to ensure I saw the match. 

Oh well, should be a good day regardless. Meeting my pal from Blackheath who I havnt seen for 18 months at Borough market around 1130am, a few sherberts before heading to the game together. 

Then back to London Bridge for more beers before my train up the road around 9pm.   

Surprised you opted for a home ticket CWC, can’t remember seeing away end full on highlights of their home games. Do they open lower tier for anyone?!!! Always seems empty even with well supported away followings. 

Good luck mate, whatever your accent is I’m sure you’ll do us proud ?

50 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

You'll be fine.

Just remember to put everything into your first punch and follow up with a kick to the goolies. 

Carson
Wisdom Keogh Tomori Malone
                  Evans
         Johnson     Mount
Josefzoon                    Lawrence
                Waghorn

Roos, Pearce, Forsyth, Ledley, Bryson, Wilson, Marriott

One for the big lads, I imagine. Millwall are a physical side. I fancy Evans in the DM role, Josefzoon on the wing and Johnson alongside Mount.

3 hours ago, angieram said:

Agree at our place but I think they play some good football at home. I'm expecting goals on both sides and an entertaining game.

Ahhh but then Angie you are a full proper fan ? and I’m only a homer half fan ??

COYR

9 minutes ago, jono said:

Ahhh but then Angie you are a full proper fan ? and I’m only a homer half fan ??

COYR

I'm not going tomorrow.  ?

I'm having to pick my matches this year - money is tight as under threat of redundancy.  

But I have been in previous seasons and think Millwall are quite lively at home. 

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'm not going tomorrow.  ?

I'm having to pick my matches this year - money is tight as under threat of redundancy.  

But I have been in previous seasons and think Millwall are quite lively at home. 

@angieram Reading your posts over the years, maybe you should be a football scout or a post match analyst. Hope the job works out ok

Archived