Furious Frank

drgoodspeak

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lowe is always going to take time to settle into the team. 

No fault of his own for both games is that Davies didn’t support him as much as he could at Reading and he had to play with somebody of little experience yesterday. 

The boy will come good but will take a few games. I do think Malone will come into that position and Lowe will be back up though. 

2 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Timi Elsnik is never a holding midfielder

2 hours ago, rcarso1 said:

7102D6CF-7E0F-4AC2-B136-3A0550E0FFED.gif

I agree he’s better used in an attacking midfield role and that he’d be better used along side Mount. However he is a ball winner. Rarely loses the ball and can distribute. He is young enough to adapt. 

3 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Not going to happen, we just need to get either Huddlestone, Johnson, Thorne or new signing Evans to play that holding role and stick in there in front of our centre backs for cover when our full backs have gone forward

Huddlestone is too slow,Johnson has the touch of an elephant and,sadly,I don’t see Thorne having a future here.Not seen Evans yet so can’t comment.There must be a Prem Club out there that has the type of player we need.?

6 hours ago, Waffle said:

Elsnik in the holding role?

We saw Phil Brown try this at Exeter last year and he was not good.

Far better in the advanced role but he's not going to get a look in this year with Mount here.

I think he'll be out on loan again soon.

19 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Swindon?

Yes, in their game away at Exeter. We were there. It was the last time Elsnik started for Swindon.

Phil Brown couldn't manage to find his way out of a paper bag, let alone use a bright young talent effectively.

On 12/08/2018 at 08:01, RoyMac5 said:

If Frankie is furious then Jody must be really angry, bugger can’t think of any alliterative words there.Thank goodness the loan window is still open! At least we’re trying to play the game well. #COYR

My sentiments exactly,hopefully will all start coming together, team will start playing as a unit and less frantic at the back and midfield.

Good on Frank for being angry. Who wouldn't be? I also like that he told the truth and didn't make excuses, he told it how it is. Once we have a settled back four and get Davies, Malone and Tomori integrated we should be strong defensively, Im just not sure about Wisdom at RB, he doesn't seem comfortable on the ball and allowed Alioski too much time on Saturday which lead to the second goal. We also need a quicker more mobile DM he doesn't have to be a great passer of the ball just someone who works hard and does his job well, Hopefully this is Evans but if not we need to dip into the loan market.

On 12/08/2018 at 07:40, Alpha said:

Lampard comes from a level where 2 wingers don't lose the ball so often while the rest of the team is caught pushing up. 

He comes from a level where a DM can abandon his support role because at those levels the turnover of possession isn't so frequent. 

Any rams fan with any nouce what so ever, could tell you that Championship football is more competive and more physical than academy football where Morris comes from, and is less technical and has players with less quality than the premiership or international level (which is where Frank comes from. Neither of these guys are experienced at championship level. So the chances of them getting found out against a street wise team with serious championship experience was always likely to be high.

17 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Any rams fan with any nouce what so ever, could tell you that Championship football is more competive and more physical than academy football where Morris comes from, and is less technical and has players with less quality than the premiership or international level (which is where Frank comes from. Neither of these guys are experienced at championship level. So the chances of them getting found out against a street wise team with serious championship experience was always likely to be high.

You can only really say that's the case if frank had come out and said something like "the lads executed the game plan perfectly, but Leeds were just too good for us" or words to that effect. Because that suggests Frank didn't have the right plan.

37 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Good on Frank for being angry. Who wouldn't be? I also like that he told the truth and didn't make excuses, he told it how it is. Once we have a settled back four and get Davies, Malone and Tomori integrated we should be strong defensively, Im just not sure about Wisdom at RB, he doesn't seem comfortable on the ball and allowed Alioski too much time on Saturday which lead to the second goal. We also need a quicker more mobile DM he doesn't have to be a great passer of the ball just someone who works hard and does his job well, Hopefully this is Evans but if not we need to dip into the loan market.

I thought we needed a DM who would just sit and pick passes to be honest

A quick and mobile DM might have helped stop Saiz but it would still have left us with no midfield 

Obviously a quick DM who can run the show would be most ideal 

Archived