Furious Frank

drgoodspeak

Just watched the post match interview with Gibson. Lampard is fuming, you can see he’s really angry about the result. Watch how he spits out the update on Curtis’ fitness.

This is good. In my opinion, he’s been tactically out-thought in both matches so far. I thought we played better today than against Reading, we just came across a better team and we were not good enough.

My major concern is midfield and I’m shocked as it’s where Lampard should know the most about. Not only did we allow too much space (I know Saiz is good, but we made him look like a world-beater and he’s not THAT good), but we hardly won any challenge or second ball. As far as I’m concerned, I don’t want to see Ledley anywhere near the team again. Bryson is also too slow and lightweight. What options do we have? Johnson and Evans. Johnson can have a great game one week and a shocker the next. Who knows what Evans is like?

I thought Wisdom improved on his showing against Reading and Tomori looked good. Other than that it was a bit of a poo show.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jono is not the answer as there is no point winning the ball if you give it straight back , don’t think hudds will be enough of a warrior to fill the role , Ledley should have been the right fit but seems he doesn’t have it , the balance is wrong in midfield and if we going to play that way it will need a really good player to fill that enforcer role

Lampard comes from a level where 2 wingers don't lose the ball so often while the rest of the team is caught pushing up. 

He comes from a level where a DM can abandon his support role because at those levels the turnover of possession isn't so frequent. 

What he's asking our team to do would need players to be more reliable on the ball, visualise more of the play and not do what Wilson did for one of the goals yesterday. 

Lawrence and Wilson sent Leeds on numerous attacks while Lowe and Ledley were out of position! He wants the midfield to keep rotating and moving but our defence can't do much with the ball. 

I think you see with Tomori the sort of tactical problem we have with our defenders. Look how clever and calm he is on the ball. You can afford Ledley to go breaking shape when you have someone like that. You've got Bryson dropping in but Bryson has always always always played the way he's facing. He never changes direction of play. So him coming deep means you're going to get nice little lay offs in our own half. 40 yards up the pitch he is reliable in applying pressure. If you can turn him around then he's pretty good in attack. But in our half? Useless. Tomori has more creativity than Bryson. 

This is what you should expect. Naivety. He's a rookie manager building a new team with ideas that don't always become a reality. 

I also thought Wisdom was rubbish. In possession he adds nothing at all. Nothing. His defending for the Roofe header... is he even awake? Is there a reason why he likes teams to cross the ball so easily. 

It will take time. You don't get a rookie manager and make so many changes if you want instant performances and results. I mean what we are doing worked in pre season. We've come into the season and the faster pace, higher pressing, riskier tackling, pressure to find a result... It has surprised us. This is how you learn.  

2 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

First impressions but this could end up the way Clement went. Trying to play Champions League football and systems with Championship players don't work.

So many questions but not to many answers - guess we'll get a clearer picture towards the end of September.

You’re giving him until September?!

He really doesn’t stand a chance if you’re giving a rookie manager trying to gel 9 new players and a completely new style TWO months.

Lots of panicking it seems, again you need the right players. In the right holes - we badly missed Huddlestone and Davies and lowe struggled with all aspects of defending whilst no one up front held the ball up at all - tomori was a positive and can fill in across the back line 

The midfield madness seems to be the problem - Not entirely sure why Lampard is trying this rotational midfield thing - We have 3 players who can currently play a single CM role each very well and for some reason he's not playing them there

Ledley - good, solid DM - Don't let him much past the halfway line and you're golden

Bryson - Box to Box - Not DM - Shouldn't be the one left there when Ledley goes flying up the pitch

Mount - Creative CM

Simple - I wonder Ledley is being sent forward as a 'plan B' in case we need to lump it up? Our number 9s are pretty average in the air 

13 minutes ago, Rambam said:

Those saying you can’t get Championship players playing Champions League football, well,Leeds made a pretty good fist of it yesterday. 

Pretty much the sam team been together over a year according to a Leeds supporting friend. They are good players, who were badly coached last season. A combination of players who understand each other, and a top notch coach helps enormously.

Our team contains a lot of new elements, with some missing key players, and an inexperienced coach.

I’m happier with where we are this year than last - at least we’re investing in well regarded young players. Some of them now need to convert their potential to actual delivery, and it may take a while, but it feels like a better approach than last year.

Sith Happens
3 hours ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

Can we not just get Team Sky to have a look at GT's asthma? 

They'll have him fit and firing in no time ?

And then launch the computer records into the nearest canal. 

I just hope we stick to our guns and give it time.
We stck with rowettball and did make the play offs in the end, and had stoke not pinched rowett, we'd hhave started this season much better at being a rowett style team.

We've aa good enough squad to be competitive iin the division, although hes totally untested lampard has obviously something to generate the belief.

Keep the faith. Things will get better.

9 hours ago, drgoodspeak said:

Just watched the post match interview with Gibson. Lampard is fuming, you can see he’s really angry about the result. Watch how he spits out the update on Curtis’ fitness.

This is good. In my opinion, he’s been tactically out-thought in both matches so far. I thought we played better today than against Reading, we just came across a better team and we were not good enough.

My major concern is midfield and I’m shocked as it’s where Lampard should know the most about. Not only did we allow too much space (I know Saiz is good, but we made him look like a world-beater and he’s not THAT good), but we hardly won any challenge or second ball. As far as I’m concerned, I don’t want to see Ledley anywhere near the team again. Bryson is also too slow and lightweight. What options do we have? Johnson and Evans. Johnson can have a great game one week and a shocker the next. Who knows what Evans is like?

I thought Wisdom improved on his showing against Reading and Tomori looked good. Other than that it was a bit of a poo show.

I am not sure what I saw yesterday was better than Reading. In my view we have played 4 halves of football, played poor in 3 and ok in the second half at Reading. I think the problem is the midfield. I see the new Chelski manager has said he needs 3 months to get the team playing how he wants them to play and I think that is the same for Frank. No panic from me after 180 minutes of football.....

4 minutes ago, unclej said:

Warrif, this is 'as good as it gets?'

Then you'll all die of burst blood vessels and will have repeatedly piissed your pants.

Archived