Nick Blackman - Joined Sporting de Gijon on loan

SuperDerbySuperRams

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back on topic to Italy ... we got married in Tuscany near San Gimignano in 2005 and have been back a few times since. It’s our favourite place in the world - beautiful countryside, incredible food and red wine. Love Florence and it’s worth braving the crowds to go up the Duomo or bell tower for the views, but much prefer Sienna. Such a lovely place. And Elba is great.

Been to Lake Garda as well - there’s a camp site there with a lovely restaurant (Camping Weekend Village) that’s good value.

1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

Just a loan

Just me that hates how we keep putting ... after every tweet when we sign someone this season?

It’s like they’re leaving it open for something else...

Must be a new social media guy...

8 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Oooh I've been to Tuscany before and it was glorious - Going a little further south to Umbria - Slightly less popular than Tuscany so a little cheaper - Partly cos it's a little further away from the cool places to visit like Florence, Sienna and Pisa

Went to Tuscany in May. Wouldn't rush back to Florence. Seemed very busy and crowded (even compared with Paris, Rome, Venice and Verona). If you go again check out Lucca.

7 hours ago, 86 points said:

Yeah, Pisa is the gateway city and the Tower aside, it really is dull. Siena I've just added to my bucket list. Sounds lovely! We flew EJ to Olbia too. I hired a quadbike for several days and me and the GF rode the coastal roads but I'm not sure if we went through Badesi. WIll make a mental note. Anyway, stop it, the pair of you! Only just finished paying for the last holiday now I'm hankering for another! ?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  SORRY FORUM FOR MAJOR DIGRESSION ?

Lucca beats Pisa by a mile .. it’s almost a forgotten gem. Lovely walled city and they banned Mac Donald’s from inside the walls which is so Italian 

20 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Back on topic to Italy ... we got married in Tuscany near San Gimignano in 2005 and have been back a few times since. It’s our favourite place in the world - beautiful countryside, incredible food and red wine. Love Florence and it’s worth braving the crowds to go up the Duomo or bell tower for the views, but much prefer Sienna. Such a lovely place. And Elba is great.

Been to Lake Garda as well - there’s a camp site there with a lovely restaurant (Camping Weekend Village) that’s good value.

Lake Garda is awesome. I've been there three times (driven there each time) especially the southern end. Also been to San Gimi this year. Loved it.

48 minutes ago, jono said:

Lucca beats Pisa by a mile .. it’s almost a forgotten gem. Lovely walled city and they banned Mac Donald’s from inside the walls which is so Italian 

We are in Tuscany right now and actually heading to Lucca tomorrow. 

We stopped off at Lucca briefly as we drove to our villa in the mountains but going back for some proper tourist time  

Our first time in Italy for any of us and we’ve loved it. 

Pisa was a quick stop over before heading to Florence and we didn’t need more than a coupe of hours for the walk from the train station, obligatory tower photos and some lovely traditional pizza before getting back on the train to Florence. 

Florence was a beautiful if yet busy city. We would have stayed longer but our boys had had enough after the 4 hours. 

Lucca tomorrow by train and more of the beautiful sunshine. 

Every Italian we have met has been lovely. 

12 hours ago, Kinder said:

Holiday thread. Make. It so. We can call it Rams on Tour without football. A bit like last season really?

11 hours ago, England Ram said:

We are in Tuscany right now and actually heading to Lucca tomorrow. 

We stopped off at Lucca briefly as we drove to our villa in the mountains but going back for some proper tourist time  

Our first time in Italy for any of us and we’ve loved it. 

Pisa was a quick stop over before heading to Florence and we didn’t need more than a coupe of hours for the walk from the train station, obligatory tower photos and some lovely traditional pizza before getting back on the train to Florence. 

Florence was a beautiful if yet busy city. We would have stayed longer but our boys had had enough after the 4 hours. 

Lucca tomorrow by train and more of the beautiful sunshine. 

Every Italian we have met has been lovely. 

Two years ago in December we went on an MSC cruise to  mainly Italy. 12 days for £395 each. They gave us a free balcony. Saw Genoa, Venice, Rome, Naples, Pompey and Florence. Go on a. Cruise, book with 4 days to go. Jobs a gud 'un. 

3 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Two years ago in December we went on an MSC cruise to  mainly Italy. 12 days for £395 each. They gave us a free balcony. Saw Genoa, Venice, Rome, Naples, Pompey and Florence. Go on a. Cruise, book with 4 days to go. Jobs a gud 'un. 

Sailing from Portsmouth?

4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Sailing from Portsmouth?

Fly cruise, the Royal Navy would not let me travel with them. Southampton is an option but no need to waste time sailing to Italy when you are there in two hours by plane (harrier jet). ??

Didn't work out here so for the best.

Loan him out, get someone to cover his wages this year, cheaper than paying him off.

Imagine we've probably got a 1 year option, what would be awesome is he bags 20 odd goals, a load of teams want him, we force the extension and get a nice fee.

Can see him coming back to the championship and doing alright for someone else next year. 

Archived