Nick Blackman - Joined Sporting de Gijon on loan

SuperDerbySuperRams

5 hours ago, RIMBAUD said:

Mears was a good fullback just left in a way that was unbecoming if you believe the rumours. Nothing wrong with him as a player. 

He was part of a back line that conceded 89 league goals in 38 games... more than 2 per game

no one in that back line could be described as good lol

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
9 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

He was part of a back line that conceded 89 league goals in 38 games... more than 2 per game

He was injured a lot that year and the main problem was central defence... Especially clod. 

12 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

It was a clusterfook and nobody escaped but remember there’s at least an ne on here who think Billy was hard done to.  Therefore I think I’m entitled to the view that he was better than terrible?

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

He was injured a lot that year and the main problem was central defence... Especially clod. 

Was he ? And yes, but to be that bad it wasn’t just the 2 centre halves

lets not forget our creative outlet Eddie bloody lewis

still think billy was on something when he tried to convince us he was the answer to us creating from outwide

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

It was a clusterfook and nobody escaped but remember there’s at least an ne on here who think Billy was hard done to.  Therefore I think I’m entitled to the view that he was better than terrible?

Ur entitled to your view sir ? 

15 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Was he ? And yes, but to be that bad it wasn’t just the 2 centre halves

lets not forget our creative outlet Eddie bloody lewis

still think billy was on something when he tried to convince us he was the answer to us creating from outwide

I remember clearly the day he was announced i knew then we were gone.  Should have put my house on it

12 hours ago, McLovin said:

I’ll give you that one but I don’t think he was bad as people made out, he came into a team where all the defensive midfielders were injured, our keeper had brain freezes and Christie, Keogh and Forsyth all happened to become rubbish at the same time and being unable to speak the language wasn’t ideal. Same with Blackman , he wasn’t that bad. Both came into teams who were struggling. It was a case of the wrong place at the wrong time for both players. 

Have to disagree. Headlights and rabbits spring to mind

Not denying he's done work for charity and what not, I'm sure he's a lovely down to earth bloke. Kudos.

But has a professional footballer he is stealing a living, at 28 his only real patch of form was a 3 month spell at Reading - which made us fork out 3 million quid on him... with a year left on his deal ?

I honestly don't see a footballer there, he's totally useless when given the chance. At Meadow Lane he was there with a point to prove; but either fell on his arse after missing the ball or looking totally out his depth on the pitch.

Not his fault, but fook me wish I could earn his wage and be utter useless at me job. Good luck and cya

22 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Not denying he's done work for charity and what not, I'm sure he's a lovely down to earth bloke. Kudos.

But has a professional footballer he is stealing a living, at 28 his only real patch of form was a 3 month spell at Reading - which made us fork out 3 million quid on him... with a year left on his deal ?

I honestly don't see a footballer there, he's totally useless when given the chance. At Meadow Lane he was there with a point to prove; but either fell on his arse after missing the ball or looking totally out his depth on the pitch.

Not his fault, but fook me wish I could earn his wage and be utter useless at me job. Good luck and cya

In fairness, he's by no means a "good" player but its a bit harsh to suggest he's stealing a living. He has a goal every 4 games outside of his time at Derby, which obviously is still below average for a player of his position - but includes a large amount of time not getting many minutes and still making appearances.

Championship is just above his level, but there are lots of levels of professional football.

Archived