Tom Lawrence

Arsene Titman

15 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Thanks for that.

I am not suggesting Lawrence is not a good player.   Far from it. It's just that Traore is a stronger, faster version.

I would be quite happy to keep Tom.

I have also played and watched a lot of football and have never played Play Station or called the game footy like a lot of fans.

Watch yesterday's highlights again and tell me Southampton weren't rubbish. We've had one game of gonna win the league, one of doom and gloom and one where we've turned into Brazil and the league hasn't even started. 

Turned into Man City not Brazil. Frank. Is simply building what he knows - Man City/Chelsea. 

Rowett is building Stoke! 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, angieram said:

He wasn't very popular with the ones I spoke to after the second leg at Fulham. Of course, disappointment was a factor, but they were unhappy with the way they had been set up for such an important game and would have preferred to go for it.

That actually gladdens my heart Angie. I did put in my earlier post I was baffled when I read he was popular with the players, my initial reaction being what poor judges they must be, which subsided to maybe he’s different to when there’s no cameras around. ( a bit like Kenny Dalglish, reportedly the life and soul of the party but comes across totally different in public)

41 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Tom Lawrence is crap. £10m for him and you’re laughing all the way to the bank.

Not even worth half of that.

you've become a parody of yourself now. Step aside Rodney Marsh, "controversial" Bris is around baiting people.

37 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Traore is a very very good player who will be playing in the prem this season I think.

Tom Ince was in the Prem last season. The only differences are, Ince works harder defensively, and Traore is harder to knock over.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

He wasn't very popular with the ones I spoke to after the second leg at Fulham. Of course, disappointment was a factor, but they were unhappy with the way they had been set up for such an important game and would have preferred to go for it.

That’s interesting Angie can you elaborate a bit more without naming names?

31 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Has anyone decided whether Rowett was a success or a failure at Derby? I know we made the play-offs but we were in second position at one point. The lack of transfer activity in January killed our promotion hopes for me.

You have to give him credit for getting us to the playoffs.

Ignoring some of the tripe we watched I would give him credit as having a successful season.

He set up to play a certain way and we sort of knew what we were going to get.

I was happy to give the club my money and support it.

He’s gone,I wish him all the best.

37 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Has anyone decided whether Rowett was a success or a failure at Derby? I know we made the play-offs but we were in second position at one point. The lack of transfer activity in January killed our promotion hopes for me.

Disenchanted fans is equal to failure. Credit for getting Lawrence, Davies, Wisdom and Ledley though. His legacy, I feel. Crap style of football though. 

21 minutes ago, Moist One said:

you've become a parody of yourself now. Step aside Rodney Marsh, "controversial" Bris is around baiting people.

Ok, what does Tom Lawrence so that’s any good? His only saving grace is that he has time on his side.

He takes crap set-pieces. Constantly chooses the wrong option. Poor technically with his wannabe Ronaldo smashes and has the football intelligence of an oaf.

Some people claim on here that he’s a confidence player. I agree with that.

When he’s not confident he hides and offers nothing. And when he’s confident he’ll receive the ball a lot and then subsequently give it away through poor technique or a poor decision.

9 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Ok, what does Tom Lawrence so that’s any good? His only saving grace is that he has time on his side.

He takes crap set-pieces. Constantly chooses the wrong option. Poor technically with his wannabe Ronaldo smashes and has the football intelligence of an oaf.

When he’s not confident he hides and offers nothing. And when he’s confident he’ll receive the ball a lot and then subsequently give it away through poor technique or a poor decision.

Don't worry about it, the seasons a write off isn't it?

5 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I must admit I do concur with you to a certain extent. He looks like a player who likes to be top dog and one you need to indulge. There are a lot of frustrating moments for every good one.

What I would say is that he got better as the season wore on and got closer to the player he was at Ipswich.

However, as I said earlier and was vilified for it, if I was asked, as a defender who played for 32 years, whether I would rather mark the effete stepover queen or the fast aggressive Traore I know who I would choose.

9 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I must admit I do concur with you to a certain extent. He looks like a player who likes to be top dog and one you need to indulge. There are a lot of frustrating moments for every good one.

What I would say is that he got better as the season wore on and got closer to the player he was at Ipswich.

However, as I said earlier and was vilified for it, if I was asked, as a defender who played for 32 years, whether I would rather mark the effete stepover queen or the fast aggressive Traore I know who I would choose.

What about a fast and aggressive step over queen?

38 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

At least if we sell him we’ll be able to afford Jozefzoon

35 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

the term's a 'knuckleball' and the fact you didn't know that, or that it was Juninho who popularised it, is indicative of how little you clearly know about football ?

why you still here anyway, thought the season was a write off? 

44 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

show me someone who doesn't take crap set pieces and I bet I can find 20 crap set pieces they've taken. He is still learning the game and if he played under Pep at Man City, you'd be excusing him like the comedy apologist you are. He's not poor technically at all, he's just inconsistent and affected by swings in confidence, partially caused by ludicrous level of expectation from unrealistic spectators. Remember he's probably not 150 games into his career yet and never had more than a season at the same club due to loans. 

Every player needs time to settle in and become part of the setup. I admit he doesn't make the right decisions, but that will come with experience. As for hiding, absolute poppycock pal. He's the most willing person we have to take the ball and try and force something to happen, it's the fact he tries to force it (and fails) that gets him criticised, when real fans would encourage him.

If yesterday was a league game at home, in front of 30k, he's have been groaned at so much in the first half, he wouldn't have scored the two in the 2nd half.

You cannot name a player who has NEVER given the ball away through technique or poor decision. Remember we aren't in the champions league, we aren't even in the PL, stop behaving like anyone unworthy of world class status isn't good enough for Derby! It's ignorant, churlish and embarrassing.

1 hour ago, Moist One said:

Tom Ince was in the Prem last season. The only differences are, Ince works harder defensively, and Traore is harder to knock over.

Don’t worry..... the wall will be built soon

56 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Utter tripe - enough said

4 minutes ago, Moist One said:

show me someone who doesn't take crap set pieces and I bet I can find 20 crap set pieces they've taken. He is still learning the game and if he played under Pep at Man City, you'd be excusing him like the comedy apologist you are. He's not poor technically at all, he's just inconsistent and affected by swings in confidence, partially caused by ludicrous level of expectation from unrealistic spectators. Remember he's probably not 150 games into his career yet and never had more than a season at the same club due to loans. 

Every player needs time to settle in and become part of the setup. I admit he doesn't make the right decisions, but that will come with experience. As for hiding, absolute poppycock pal. He's the most willing person we have to take the ball and try and force something to happen, it's the fact he tries to force it (and fails) that gets him criticised, when real fans would encourage him.

If yesterday was a league game at home, in front of 30k, he's have been groaned at so much in the first half, he wouldn't have scored the two in the 2nd half.

You cannot name a player who has NEVER given the ball away through technique or poor decision. Remember we aren't in the champions league, we aren't even in the PL, stop behaving like anyone unworthy of world class status isn't good enough for Derby! It's ignorant, churlish and embarrassing.

Spot on ........Shall we see what the new season brings before slagging players off .............VYDRA got oodles of stick and was written off by all and sundry last year. How many did he score lat season ? .    A lot of people on here like the sound of their own voices ...are you fans or WUM s ?

Archived