Tom Lawrence

Arsene Titman

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Ince is having his medical at Stoke today.

Then there’s no way stoke are coming in and this story is pointless, when they’re signing mcclean as well. Think that’s a good thing myself, Lawrence has been man of preseason so far imo. Always said when I first saw him I think he had greater natural bailout than Ince, but was lacking his brains. With lampards coaching, we may unlock his potential to play like he did yesterday.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Topram said:

Tell Rowett to F off, this is Lawrence season now he’s in an attacking side 

For any of our players who Rowett might be after, the choice is simple.  Do you want to play slow, boring, sterile, mainly unproductive hoofball or a fast, slick, exciting brand of footy that we've not seen at Derby for a long time under Frank.....go on, choose!

If we sell him, then our season is a write off. Luckily I dont think we will, as Frank wont allow. it. I expect him to be our star attacking player this season and have a great second season after a full pre season with us. Cant see it happening

swapping the rejuvenated Frank Lampards Derby revolution for stoke where he will know only too well the brand of football that will be served up ....to me is a non starter ...money is important of course but I beleive Lawrence could raise his profile significantly under Frank and Jody ....do one Rowett !!!

5 minutes ago, Saity said:

swapping the rejuvenated Frank Lampards Derby revolution for stoke where he will know only too well the brand of football that will be served up ....to me is a non starter ...money is important of course but I beleive Lawrence could raise his profile significantly under Frank and Jody ....do one Rowett !!!

I did not think that such a post could be true at this stage, but I am convinced. We are basically looking at a Jody type youth ream with some old heads in there. Double training sessions are paying off. Hard work is number one to Frank and then outplay them is number two. Works for me.

27 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Doesn’t seem to be up for a fight to keep his place in the Premier League. 

Very disappointing if this is true ???? 

Must be offering more in wages ??

He's always moved when offered the chance of more regular football - And the rumours are Huddersfield are investing mostly in wingers this summer

51 minutes ago, Rample said:

Usual laziness - ex manager with a decent kitty, we are reportedly short of cash, we have signed wingers, ex-managers biggest signing for us was a winger.

After yesterday I would be surprised if any of our players saw Stoke as a better step to the Premier League.

We're obviously not too desperate for cash if we've knocked back bids for Carson and Davies - financial acumen would be that both are probably in the final place we could get a sizable fee for them, but we weren't interested.

It's just that tiny thought that maybe with Wilson and Jozefzoon, we'd be better with a big money striker than a 3rd winger. Obviously both would be the dream. 

Plenty of players Snakey can have though...

Great one liner, Rample

Imagine being Tom Lawrence: fairly average debut season for Derby because the manager didn't like to play creatively but then out of nowhere, one of the best English midfielders ever becomes your coach and his fluid playing style allows you to excel...

You then hear the boring fart wants to sign you for his new club after a top quality performance against PL opposition... bet Tom's had a grin on his face all morning ?

I’ve read on here Rowett was popular with players, I find that baffling to be honest but as it came from a respected source I have to give it due consideration.

If there is anything in this story, and it is Nixon after all, the combination of a hike in wages and Lawrence perhaps thinking Rowett’s alright, may give it some credibility. That said, for footballing and job satisfaction reasons, I think it would be a backwards step. 

I hope Lawrence (and the other players) get the same vibe a lot of us on here do that something special could be happening at DCFC and they want to be part of it, but hey, money talks.

9 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I’ve read on here Rowett was popular with players, I find that baffling to be honest but as it came from a respected source I have to give it due consideration.

If there is anything in this story, and it is Nixon after all, the combination of a hike in wages and Lawrence perhaps thinking Rowett’s alright, may give it some credibility. That said, for footballing and job satisfaction reasons, I think it would be a backwards step. 

I hope Lawrence (and the other players) get the same vibe a lot of us on here do that something special could be happening at DCFC and they want to be part of it, but hey, money talks.

Judging by everything I've seen come out of the club over the last 3 weeks, I fully get the impression that Frank Lampard is popular with the players too.

Archived