Martyn Waghorny - Signed on a 3 year deal

Carnero

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the way Derby County are doing business in this window.

We identify a target, put in a low(ish) offer, make sure the player is aware we are interested and they do the rest.  Once the player has made it known to his parent club he wants to join Lampards revolution Derby play the waiting game and get the player for as little as possible.

It was reported Marriott would cost 6 million and Waghorn 8 million (14 million in total).  Reports suggest Marriott was more like 3 million up front and Waghorn is a total fee of 5 million,  Fantastic business,

It looks to me like the dark days of the transfer market are behind us and we finally have a team who identify good players, we don't over pay and they arent necessarily attached to the same agent, happy days!

7 minutes ago, Topram said:

4 days left and we need what 6 or 7 out yet none of them are linked with a move away

The plan must be to let their contracts run out EOS, then hastily switch to the board tab in FM and adjust the wage/transfer budget slider.

4 minutes ago, Topram said:

4 days left and we need what 6 or 7 out yet none of them are linked with a move away

It's bizarre isn't it? Is it because of their wages or are they desperate not to leave the Lampard revolution?

Martin, Vydra, Jerome, Blackman, Olsson, Forsyth, Thorne, Butterfield, Anya, probably some others I've forgotten. None of them are in Frank's plans at all.

15 minutes ago, Topram said:

Only relevant if they are going to a premiership club which they are not ( tiny chance Vydra could) our real window is the August 31st one for loans with maybe the odd one with a view to a permanent transfer in January 

The club must know what it’s doing, i am puzzled that we’re spending money after Mel’s comments about FFP but there will surely be movement in the mad final week of the transfer window.

Vydra, Anya, Butterfield, Blackman, Martin, Johnson, Forsyth will generate money plus look at how much money was saved by releasing Shackell and Bent on wages alone.

things will look rosier next week... especially after smashing the Dirties on Saturday.

14 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

The club must know what it’s doing, i am puzzled that we’re spending money after Mel’s comments about FFP but there will surely be movement in the mad final week of the transfer window.

One last roll of the dice. Promotion or bust. 

PistoldPete2
43 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

There's always the loan window mate. 

Failing that. We put them all on a boat and send them out to sea. 

Agreed there's the loan window or just agree to cancel their contracts.

40 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

Vydra, Anya, Butterfield, Blackman, Martin, Johnson, Forsyth will generate money plus look at how much money was saved by releasing Shackell and Bent on wages alone.

things will look rosier next week... especially after smashing the Dirties on Saturday.

Maybe MM comments on FFP were designed to help with reducing expectations from the fans and help support negotiations with other clubs for players?

53 minutes ago, Gil said:

It's bizarre isn't it? Is it because of their wages or are they desperate not to leave the Lampard revolution?

Martin, Vydra, Jerome, Blackman, Olsson, Forsyth, Thorne, Butterfield, Anya, probably some others I've forgotten. None of them are in Frank's plans at all.

100% wages! None of them will get wages better than what they are on

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We identify a target, put in a low(ish) offer, make sure the player is aware we are interested and they do the rest.  Once the player has made it known to his parent club he wants to join Lampards revolution Derby play the waiting game and get the player for as little as possible.

It was reported Marriott would cost 6 million and Waghorn 8 million (14 million in total).  Reports suggest Marriott was more like 3 million up front and Waghorn is a total fee of 5 million,  Fantastic business,

It looks to me like the dark days of the transfer market are behind us and we finally have a team who identify good players, we don't over pay and they arent necessarily attached to the same agent, happy days!

Very shrove business from Mel and Derby this is exactly what I think they are doing. Everyone knew having Lampard here at Derby would attract players and it has proven this so far! The respect players/managers and chairman’s have for Lampard is clearly outstanding. Another player to joIn the party 

47 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

... especially after smashing the Dirties on Saturday.

On what I've seen, they're favourites Saturday. Let's have it right, we were poor and rescued by a goalkeeping error and a wonder goal. They pretty much owned Rowett's mob.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Don't get me wrong - I think Waghorn will suit us far more than Vydra but didn't Ipswich pay around £250k for Waghorn and now they're selling him for £5m? If we go up then it won't have mattered much what we paid but as it stands it looks to me as though it's Ipswich who are doing the best business. Forget the original £8m - I think that was just paper talk. With 2 clubs involved in a bidding war (something we, when wanting to sell a player never seem to experience) Ipswich will be delighted with a £4.75m profit.

Archived