Martyn Waghorny - Signed on a 3 year deal

Carnero

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Just an opinion . I'm also of the opinion Lampard would keep Vydra if he could afford too. I trust my opinion more than your judgement .

Well we can afford to by the look of it. As things stand the last thing we heard on Vydra was that clubs weren't banging on the door for him.

Even if we are confident of selling him and we have to in order to get Marriott and Waghorn in.

Surely if Lampard wanted to keep Vydra and not sign Marriott and potentially Waghorn then he could have done?

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Just an opinion . I'm also of the opinion Lampard would keep Vydra if he could afford too. I trust my opinion more than your judgement .

I think if Lampard wanted to keep Vydra he would've done , to me it doesn't appear that Mel is instructing Frank to do anything he doesnt want to do and is fully supporting him

I wonder if Waghorn will be viewed in the same cateogory as Marriott....Frank said that JM would need a bit of time to get accustomed to what is required then we will see the best of him , maybe fitness wise or tactical or both 

3 minutes ago, Saity said:

I think if Lampard wanted to keep Vydra he would've done , to me it doesn't appear that Mel is instructing Frank to do anything he doesnt want to do and is fully supporting him

That seems clear,  but I assume he must be doing any activity within a remit .  We've basically spent what we've brought in give or take a few hundred thousand so now we need to sell to buy .  If Lampard had the required funds to keep Vydra as well I can think of no reason why he wouldn't .

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That seems clear,  but I assume he must be doing any activity within a remit .  We've basically spent what we've brought in give or take a few hundred thousand so now we need to sell to buy .  If Lampard had the required funds to keep Vydra as well I can think of no reason why he wouldn't .

I just think maybe Frank just doesn't see him as suitable enough for what and how he wants us to play.

Vydra was certainly not the first name on the team sheet when we played 433 and if we are going to change formations in games under FL then maybe Vydra could be useful but that would leave us with a very expensive sub at 11m whos value would probably go down.... Vydra is a good player but maybe just not what Frank wants and sees him being sold as freeing up cash to get who he does want.....good luck to MV anyway he seems a decent bloke ( just don't score against us!!!) lol

9 minutes ago, northender said:

Rumours on our forum that we're going back for Jerome again after initially failing in June to sign him.

Good player, within his limitations. Can't see him getting a game at Derby. £1m and no doubt eye-watering wages and he's yours.

This issue seems to has legs, one moment you're favorites to take him from us, then Middlesbrough are getting involved in our business also.    Prices and valuations running wild with it, I was hoping for something around 10 million if and when the deal goes through, the club seem to be holding out for around half that and as for Waghorn's true worth, it's difficult to put an actual figure on it.

What I can ascertain is that we're on the verge of losing a good player, arguably the #1 forward at the club right now, he gets involved and with the name in the squad you know you got half a chance when the teams enter the field.   Seems it's a two club chase with yourselves and Middlesbrough, maybe he'd be more suited to a move to Derby.    Bottom line I'd like to keep him as would a great many others at ITFC but seems the player has his heart set on other destinations.   

I think he must realize we're not promotion material and wishes a challenge with a team that can go places, you know, someone that can provide a real opportunity to achieve something.    Regretfully that is not on offer now or even any time in the immediate future at Portman Road.  

23 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

John Percy is probably the most reliable person for info other than the club itself, so I wouldn't take too much notice of this, but The Mirror are reporting Waghorn will be going to Boro

30c008894d1d2eeed324e073fbb78e56.png

I thought he was at Derby having a medical, after already agreeing terms?  ?️

6 hours ago, Rab a dab doo said:

I don't think Mel will allow us to fall fowl of FFP.

The may new cash injections into the club happening?

6 hours ago, Rab a dab doo said:

You think he might chicken out if there's a bidding war? 

I've made a tight rooster up of this quoting mallarky. 

10 minutes ago, admira said:

My local rag in Ipswich says Rams have won the race to sign him as Waghorn prefers Derby over Boro 

Of course he does ...   Pulis or Super Frank ?  Smogland or Derbados ? 22k or Full house ? We're Derby County, we sign who we want !!! ????

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Our new strategy appears to be for Mel to buy every player in the Championship, so that no one else is able to field a team and we win the league by default. Nothing else worked, so why not? 

We're Aston Villa. 

What could possibly go wrong?

I sincerely hope this to be true. With the high press, he is the man you want to lead the line. Absolute menace to play against, sweet left foot and fills the left-footed freekick takers slot too.

Make it happen and move on to fullbacks. We are certainly building a team to go up.

Archived