Martyn Waghorny - Signed on a 3 year deal

Carnero

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vydra must be going if this is going through, can’t see any other reason to get him. Can’t say I’m thrilled by his signing but he’s someone that suits the system and had a very good year last season. Fee is fair too, just have to hope he’s not a nick Blackman one season wonder.

3 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Because its not out in the public domaim doesnt mean there isnt the interest there

Strange. It seems like his agent is the exact type to keep his name in the media and tout his availability. 

I said at the start of the summer that the pool of clubs that would want him & afford him is small. It’s got a lot smaller now. I do fancy Boro to take a chance on him, fresh in the mind from his hat trick. 

Be a good signing for them too, they have strikers he could play upfront with. 

37 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Strange. It seems like his agent is the exact type to keep his name in the media and tout his availability. 

I said at the start of the summer that the pool of clubs that would want him & afford him is small. It’s got a lot smaller now. I do fancy Boro to take a chance on him, fresh in the mind from his hat trick. 

Be a good signing for them too, they have strikers he could play upfront with. 

Completely agree, Rowett and Pullis are not too dissimilar in their approaches and setups. Vydra would do well in what is already a good Boro team. 

Boro are as always a serious threat for promotion. The problem is the only clubs that have a chance of buying him are our direct rivals for top 6!

Not enough goals in that forward line for me, really hope we can ditch Jerome, Blackman, Martin and maybe Nugent. 

Would Abel Hernández be such a bad signing on a free, even on 50k that would’ve covered any potential transfer fee for a number of seasons.

9 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Not enough goals in that forward line for me, really hope we can ditch Jerome, Blackman, Martin and maybe Nugent. 

Would Abel Hernández be such a bad signing on a free, even on 50k that would’ve covered any potential transfer fee for a number of seasons.

Yes as it would upset the dressing room. Good player but can’t be paying wages like that mate or others will be knocking on the door demanding the same ala 13-14 season

3 minutes ago, Papahet said:

He missed most of last season through injury and giving someone 50k a week wages would surely not go down too well with other members of the squad. If Vydra stays, I think him, Marriott, Nugent, Lawrence, Wilson, Jozefzoon, Thomas and Bennett will be more than capable of getting us a good number of goals between them. And then we have the likes of Mount and Bryson in midfield who can certainly grab a few goals here and there 

Archived