Harry Wilson - Signed on a season long loan

DCFC1388

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Just listened to Lampards interview on Radio Derby. 

Don't get how we can get heavily linked with Wilson just before the game and Ed Dawes or Steve Nicholson don't even ask the manager about him? 

On the payroll without receiving money 

17 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

7 goals 4 assists in 11 starts for a hull side that were 'guaranteed relegation if he hadn't come in' according to some hull fans. I'd say its worth it. If you look at liverpool fans commenting on this, they are well annoyed at him not being given a chance in the 1st team next season. 

Similar to Lawrence at Ipswich but definitely a talent 

3 minutes ago, feisty said:

Rather play Thomas and Bennett. Why don't we just develop our own players for a change rather than developing Liverpool, Chelsea and Utds?

Totally agree with that but they are not going to play full games or all the time so for me a wide contingent of Lawrence Wilson Thomas and Bennett gives plenty of youthful running and goal scoring potential so I would go with that and the likes possibly of mount signing could dovetail with Bryson and what he can manage this season 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Similar to Lawrence at Ipswich but definitely a talent 

lawrence had 9 goals and 9 assists in 32 starts. still very good stats but wilson's were much better. However, wilson has had only 1 loan spell, so he could've just been in an unbelievable spell of form, a la Blackman before we signed him. hopefully not, though.

2 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

lawrence had 9 goals and 9 assists in 32 starts. still very good stats but wilson's were much better. However, wilson has had only 1 loan spell, so he could've just been in an unbelievable spell of form, a la Blackman before we signed him. hopefully not, though.

Yep but most of them came in a similar spell but it’s not a big issue

7 minutes ago, feisty said:

Rather play Thomas and Bennett. Why don't we just develop our own players for a change rather than developing Liverpool, Chelsea and Utds?

If we went into the season with our only wide men being Thomas (never played at championship level), Bennett (Injured quite often and never proven at champ level), Anya (Doesn't score and is injured quite often) and Lawrence (who is arguably better in a more central position), especially playing in a 433 where wide men need to score goals, I don't think it would be a good thing. Remember Ibe? absolutely vital to our team and everything went downhill when he left (twinned with martin getting injured), prem loans can be vital in getting promotion, just ask Fulham who had 2 Chelsea loanees in their side, or Cardiff who had Grujic from liverpool who was one of their best players in the run in.

37 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Wilson, Mount, Marriott and Palmer 

holy jesus 

Without going into full Football Manager mode, that would give us a pretty impressive side - even with Vydra going - so I think it's unlikely.

A midfield of Huddlestone, Palmer and Mount with an attack of Wilson, Marriott and Lawrence would be impressive, although perhaps a little unbalanced.

38 minutes ago, feisty said:

He's proven himself at this level in 11 games. Goals and assists. He's quality. If Frank thinks we need him then I'm saying that too 

4 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

He's proven himself at this level in 11 games. Goals and assists. He's quality. If Frank thinks we need him then I'm saying that too 

If we work them as hard as it looks, they'll be plenty of minutes on the pitch to go around, could be similar to Mac1 where the widemen would more than likely be subbed around the 60 min mark, and it wasn't guaranteed who'd start, but they all got minutes.

5 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

If we work them as hard as it looks, they'll be plenty of minutes on the pitch to go around, could be similar to Mac1 where the widemen would more than likely be subbed around the 60 min mark, and it wasn't guaranteed who'd start, but they all got minutes.

Lawrence and Wilson as your primary wingers, with Bennett and Thomas to come on for them off the bench...love the sound of that!

15 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Lawrence and Wilson as your primary wingers, with Bennett and Thomas to come on for them off the bench...love the sound of that!

Or Bennett and Thomas starting, with Wilson and Lawrence coming on, however it works out.

I never thought under Mac1 we had 1st choices in that position, just 4 equally good choices, and performances gained them the starting berth on a fluid basis.

2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Or Bennett and Thomas starting, with Wilson and Lawrence coming on, however it works out.

I never thought under Mac1 we had 1st choices in that position, just 4 equally good choices, and performances gained them the starting berth on a fluid basis.

i just got immensely excited

Archived