Harry Wilson - Signed on a season long loan

DCFC1388

20 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I thought I read somewhere that Gerrard has an arrangement with Klopp that he can have first pick of ant Liverpool youngsters he sends out on loan?? How many would want to drop down to that level of football is another question mind...

Klopp wants him to stay in England, Hope fully Frank knowing Gerrard helps... 

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Nixon - Derby County. Red hot fav for Wilson. Not done. But seem his likely new home. Must be playing for them. Works all round.

So not only does it look like we've beat half the Championship to him, but also Rangers and Gerrard despite his Liverpool connection. Well in Frank! 

Nixon tends to be pretty spot on for loan deals. I haven’t seen too much of him but in highlights he’s looked dangerous.

Statistically had a good spell at Hull. Highly rated there, highly rated at Liverpool, highly rated by Wales.

Could be a decent move for us.

Just now, Kernow said:

Nixon tends to be pretty spot on for loan deals. I haven’t seen too much of him but in highlights he’s looked dangerous.

Statistically had a good spell at Hull. Highly rated there, highly rated at Liverpool, highly rated by Wales.

Could be a decent move for us.

He was unbelievable during his short spell at Hull, but he was used as a left winger so I wonder if that hints at Lawrence moving towards a central role

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

He was unbelievable during his short spell at Hull, but he was used as a left winger so I wonder if that hints at Lawrence moving towards a central role

His stats are really impressive, but I only saw him playing for Hull from what was shown on C5.

Lawrence looked more dangerous down the middle than out wide. It would work without Vydra, which still points to him going eventually. Unless either Lawrence or Wilson will be used on the right and this is essentially used as a Weimann replacement.

We probably have an advantage over other clubs for what we did for Ibe, This would be a great signing, if he replicates the form he saw at hull last season. Will be a loan fee and probably a substantial fee if he does not play, but that hopefully shouldn't happen, if last season at hull is anything to go by

1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Is he actually a winger or did Hull use him there? I wouldn’t want us signing another forward with pace and putting him on the wing

Yeah he's a winger. I think he's had a few periods for Liverpool's youth teams playing up front, but the majority of his playing time has been spent out wide 

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Is he actually a winger or did Hull use him there? I wouldn’t want us signing another forward with pace and putting him on the wing

I saw him run the game when we played Liverpool U23's... pretty sure he played central as a ball carrying/dictating midfielder that day.

He'd probably be in midfield in a 4-3-3 and on the wing in a 4-2-3-1.

Very exciting signing if we get this one through.

Archived