Florian Jozefzoon - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

Just now, Arsene Titman said:

What position has Lawrence played in the 2 friendlies? Last season I thought he was more effective playing inside rather than on the wing?

On the left, but get the impression that the wingers will have more freedom to come inside this season. Wilson is left footed and will play on the right, so that goes along the same line..

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Kernow said:

Definitely not against the deal but there surely has to be outs lined up. We can’t continue to overload the squad without some guarantees that others will be on the way out...

Totally agree but don't forget Weimann, Shackell, Bent and Baird have gone, with 2 loan signings coming in.

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Yet, the general consensus from Brentford fans is they hope Canos can step up to replace Josefzoon if he leaves, but they don’t seem convinced he can.

Didn't know that - just that whenever I've see Canos play admittedly on tv seems to have loads of potential possibly the sort of player FL and team could improve

1 minute ago, Redcar said:

I’ve just seen that! That kinda shat just messes with ya head

I've just done some minor detective work and found that the the Leeds winning story is in a Sky Sports update quoting a "source" as saying "He would favour Leeds". The Derby winning story is from The Sun, who report he is having a medical at Derby.

I guess it's easy to quote a "source" and report whatever they think; saying he's getting a medical, you would hope, suggests more substantive evidence.

What have we become...

12 minutes ago, Monty said:

Didn't know that - just that whenever I've see Canos play admittedly on tv seems to have loads of potential possibly the sort of player FL and team could improve

To be fair I thought Canos would be more highly rated myself, but again just once or maybe twice live and a few times on the tv is all I’ve seen.

i guess Josefzoon being in the last year of his contract has also alerted teams that he’s more likely to be available.

Personally think this signing could see Thomas go out on loan rather than Bennett as we would have 5 wingers (not including Anya or Blackman) who can all play on the right but Thomas + Jozefzoon the least likely to play on the left

33 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

Totally agree but don't forget Weimann, Shackell, Bent and Baird have gone, with 2 loan signings coming in.

And Martin, Bryson, Butterfield and Blackman have returned from loan increasing wage bill (not to mention Guy, Elsnik, Lowe, Gordon etc but they will be lower wages)

6 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Personally think this signing could see Thomas go out on loan rather than Bennett as we would have 5 wingers (not including Anya or Blackman) who can all play on the right but Thomas + Jozefzoon the least likely to play on the left

Always a good idea as they have no future here,hopefully.

29 minutes ago, drgoodspeak said:

I've just done some minor detective work and found that the the Leeds winning story is in a Sky Sports update quoting a "source" as saying "He would favour Leeds". The Derby winning story is from The Sun, who report he is having a medical at Derby.

I guess it's easy to quote a "source" and report whatever they think; saying he's getting a medical, you would hope, suggests more substantive evidence.

What have we become...

Fairly simple this is - we are doing such a good job medically that Leeds asked us to help out similar to us doing the repair work on winnall for sheff Wednesday 

28 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I thought Thomas was left footed mate? 

16 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I thought Thomas was left footed mate? 

As previously mentioned he plays wide right mainly for the u23's - doesn't look like he has played on the left much and I think in both pre-season games so far Bennett has come on the left and Thomas played on the right? Wilson is mainly right wing too but can play left, Lawrence mainly left but can play right. Good options on both wings which is only a positive to inter-change during matches

Archived