Florian Jozefzoon - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

Could be true but this guy is less reliable than even Nixon. He works for HITC now so is entirely dependent on clicks. Hence his previous assertions that 6 championship clubs will be placed in transfer embargo. But naming no names... Because he has zero info. He's thrown something out there and he'll get the clicks because Leeds have a lot of fans. Brentford were quick to tweet when an offer from an unnamed club had been accepted. I'm sure they will be just as quick to tweet if a second offer from a second unnamed club is also accepted. 

1 hour ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Could be true but this guy is less reliable than even Nixon. He works for HITC now so is entirely dependent on clicks. Hence his previous assertions that 6 championship clubs will be placed in transfer embargo. But naming no names... Because he has zero info. He's thrown something out there and he'll get the clicks because Leeds have a lot of fans. Brentford were quick to tweet when an offer from an unnamed club had been accepted. I'm sure they will be just as quick to tweet if a second offer from a second unnamed club is also accepted. 

HITC is 30% Leeds 'news'. 

Local Leeds paper saying they held talks with Brentford last night and are set to meet the price Brentford want and go head to head with us to sign him. But as yet they haven't made the bid - wonder where Vydra to Leeds fits into all of this though.

Well at least it's not a bidding war.

We are the more stable of the 2 sides with the better summer to date, but I do wonder if they'd offer higher wages.

If all things were equal I suspect he'd choose us.

Lampard will be a bit of an icon in his lifetime. Although Bielsa has managed Argentina it's 14 years ago and he's been patchy since.

Plus he did this.

As he's Dutch he may know about Mount's spell over there. Mount might even know the lingo. 

6 minutes ago, Rample said:

Well at least it's not a bidding war.

We are the more stable of the 2 sides with the better summer to date, but I do wonder if they'd offer higher wages.

If all things were equal I suspect he'd choose us.

Lampard will be a bit of an icon in his lifetime. Although Bielsa has managed Argentina it's 14 years ago and he's been patchy since.

Plus he did this.

As he's Dutch he may know about Mount's spell over there. Mount might even know the lingo. 

Shaken but not stirred

Do we need another winger?

Wilson, Lawrence, Thomas, Bennett, Anya, Gordon, Blackman, Johnson can all play wide roles.  

If we are confident of selling / loaning 2 or 3 of above then fine.  But there's not so much as a hint of any outs in the press

1 minute ago, Gritty said:

Wilson, Lawrence, Thomas, Bennett, Anya, Gordon, Blackman, Johnson can all play wide roles.  

If we are confident of selling / loaning 2 or 3 of above then fine.  But there's not so much as a hint of any outs in the press

Whilst we might have players that can play the position, are they players that can provide the quality Lampard is looking for in that position?

You could look at the squad now and say we don't need to sign anyone as we have all position covered, but I'd like to think each season we would look to improve on what we have where we can afford to. 

If Jozefzoon can come in and do that, give the man a Derby shirt.

6 minutes ago, Gritty said:

Anya's likely leaving, from one user on here I don't remember the name of who knows him.

Blackman's also probably not in FL's plans.

Gordon's a long way off first team level.

Johnson is not capable of being a winger. He can play on the left of midfield in a narrow system, not as a winger.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Anya's likely leaving, from one user on here I don't remember the name of who knows him.

Blackman's also probably not in FL's plans.

Gordon's a long way off first team level.

Johnson is not capable of being a winger. He can play on the left of midfield in a narrow system, not as a winger.

He did score 16(?) and won the POTY award for a promoted team playing left wing though. I think that's more to do with Alex Neil than anything else. I for the life of me can't see how he orchestrated such a feat.

I watch a lot of championship football and I like watching Brentford because they always seem to find good players but I can’t remember this guy as one I noticed which is strange - the fees being quoted seem very high for a relative unknown in the last year of his contract ( Brentford seem to get very good money for their players )

17 minutes ago, David said:

Whilst we might have players that can play the position, are they players that can provide the quality Lampard is looking for in that position?

You could look at the squad now and say we don't need to sign anyone as we have all position covered, but I'd like to think each season we would look to improve on what we have where we can afford to. 

If Jozefzoon can come in and do that, give the man a Derby shirt.

But our wage bill is humongous and we could breach FFP leading to a transfer embargo.  We need to get our house in order.  We need to shift players on. That's the job of a director of football or ceo usually.  We have neither. We have an executive chairman

16 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He did score 16(?) and won the POTY award for a promoted team playing left wing though. I think that's more to do with Alex Neil than anything else. I for the life of me can't see how he orchestrated such a feat.

I don't think he was playing LW though, I think he was playing LM in a very narrow midfield.

Could be wrong.

I don't see how he'd find himself in 16 scoring opportunities playing LW myself ? especially having a very poor right foot.

20 minutes ago, Gritty said:

But our wage bill is humongous and we could breach FFP leading to a transfer embargo.  We need to get our house in order.  We need to shift players on. That's the job of a director of football or ceo usually.  We have neither. We have an executive chairman

The club might be confident that players will be departing, sure they will be well aware of what we can and can’t afford. Weimann has moved on without a director of football/CEO

Archived