Florian Jozefzoon - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

2 minutes ago, David said:

The club might be confident that players will be departing, sure they will be well aware of what we can and can’t afford. Weimann has moved on without a director of football/CEO

I agree, I have a feeling things are in the pipeline. There is often a domino effect during the transfer ( silly) season.

lets see, if the objective is to reduce the wage bill then to buy without outgoings seems odd 

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Monty said:

If we're going to sign anyone from Brentford I'd prefer it to be Canos

Yet, the general consensus from Brentford fans is they hope Canos can step up to replace Josefzoon if he leaves, but they don’t seem convinced he can.

43 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He did score 16(?) and won the POTY award for a promoted team playing left wing though. 

This:

26 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I don't think he was playing LW though, I think he was playing LM in a very narrow midfield.

I remember thinking they had quite an interesting system that season - Which I think Hull implemented the next season too?

Basic 4-4-2 but their 2 CMs sat very deep - The two 'wingers' tucked inside to let the full-backs provide all the width - And the 2 CMs dropped into defensive positions when that happened - Not sure their CMs ever cam across the halfway line - It meant that Johnson was under no pressure to cross and meant his major role was to bomb it into the box to get on the end of crosses from the RB

9 minutes ago, David said:

The club might be confident that players will be departing, sure they will be well aware of what we can and can’t afford. Weimann has moved on without a director of football/CEO

What? You mean like the club might know the finances better than some randomers on a forum speculating based on rumour? 

You do talk some nonsense at times...

I think we need an extra winger, I don’t know enough about Jozefzoon though to know weather he is the answer or not. 

I’ve been impressed with Luke Thomas so far, but we have to remember we have played Notts county and Mansfield town, imagine him going up against the likes of George Friend during the season - think it will be a struggle for the lad. 

Jozefzoon, Lawrence, Wilson with Bennett and Thomas for 4th/5th choice wide man. But everybody has to earn the rights to be in the side.

i think we can write anya and Blackman off and I think youngsters such as Kellan Gordon would perhaps benefit from another loan where he can play a full season. 

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Still not totally convinced of his all round ability so slightly concerned that this could be a big risk... but we’ll wait and see what frank does with him. In any case it’s good to see us investing in a permanent winger, it had to be a priority really.

At 2.75m, I wouldn’t say it’s a big risk. He won’t be on mammoth wages & has resale value at 27. Remember, we got 2/2.5m for Weimann and not many people on here rated him. Seems to be the going rate for a wide man in this division 

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Still not totally convinced of his all round ability so slightly concerned that this could be a big risk... but we’ll wait and see what frank does with him. In any case it’s good to see us investing in a permanent winger, it had to be a priority really.

Thats a good point.... what if Wilson has an absolutely blinding start to the season, and then Klopp recalls him leaving us in the lurch?

Just now, MarchesRam said:

Thats a good point.... what if Wilson has an absolutely blinding start to the season, and then Klopp recalls him leaving us in the lurch?

Think you can only recall in transfer windows now so that wouldn’t pose too much of any issue, hopefully won’t happen anyway.

Archived