Florian Jozefzoon - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

5 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

There appears to be a deal in place for Vydra. Selling him is our only option if we plan to buy this summer.

I’m personally happy about this deal. I rate the player.

Weimann out, Jozefzoon in for a total net spend of say £750,000 plus less wages is a darn good deal.

I expect us to sell Vydra, but I personally don't think there is a deal in place as of right now. I simply think the signings we've made are covered by Weimann's sale, the supposed Ince funds we received for Huddersfield staying up, Rowett's compensation and the wages freed up with Baird, Bent and Shackell going. 

I've not seen anything of Jozefzoon myself other than the games against us and I'll be honest, I can't recall him doing much in either, but he contributed to more goals than any of our wingers last season so he can't be too bad. After Russell's departure we had a real lack of options on the wings last season, so I'm all for having 4 or 5 people competing with each other for the starting spots 

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/07/2018 at 13:18, Phoenix said:

Apparently, Monkhouse had a phenominal memory for names and facts. A mate of mine went to his (large) Company's annual Christmas dinner. Monkhouse was the guest speaker, and mingled with the guests beforehand, teasing out snippets of information about other guests in an apparently casual manner.

A couple of hours later, with no written notes, he had them in stitches recounting loads of anecdotes about individual members.

My mate was not the easily impressed guy, and had no particular affection for BM, but this really did impress him.

Off topic, a usual.

Can definitely confirm this - I went to an event back in the eighties where Bob Monkhouse was the after dinner speaker. Wasn't expecting the fantastically funny 40 minutes or so that he did and he built in some really good personal stuff - a true  professional. E.g. Talking about local dialects ' I haven't really got an accent although most of my colleagues think I'm a Man of Kent - at least I think that's what they're saying as I walk out of their office'...

45 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

There appears to be a deal in place for Vydra. Selling him is our only option if we plan to buy this summer.

I’m personally happy about this deal. I rate the player.

Weimann out, Jozefzoon in for a total net spend of say £750,000 plus less wages is a darn good deal.

I'm only messing. Regarding Vydra there is not much the club can do about it if he decides he is better off with us. We can't force him to sign a contract he doesn't want to sign somewhere else just so we can cash in. If Lampard is speaking truthfully when he says Vydra is part of his plans if he stays then Matej may just decide he fancies another 12 months in a Derby shirt.

My brains a bit frazzled but does the logic stand that offering longer contracts makes a lower wage more amenable? 

I thought it to myself a while ago but I can't for the life of me deconstruct the circumstance. Long day.

Well Lawrence is our only wide player on a full time contract that’s played at this level. 

Wilson is in loan and Thomas and Bennett are unproven so signing Jozefzoon is needed.

£2.5-£3.0 mil is peanuts really and not much of a gamble

10 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Blackman Butterfield Anya camara etc etc etc 

Were any of them taken in to be subs though? Butterfield no, Blackman straight in to starting eleven. Anya and Camara used straight away aswell.

bad buys yes, but not brought to be subs

Archived