Curtis Davies signs new deal

ThePrisoner

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/07/davies-extends-derby-deal

“The extension ties the 33-year-old defender, whose performances saw him nominated for the PFA Sky Bet Championship Player of the Year award at the end of the 2017/18 season, to Pride Park Stadium until the end of the 2019/2020 campaign.

Speaking about Davies’ contract extension, Frank Lampard, the Rams’ manager, told dcfc.co.uk: “Curtis is hugely important from my point of view as a manager. 

“He’s an experienced player and is someone who has had many years at the top. He’s got Premier League experience and it’s clear that he had a fantastic first year at the club last season.”

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, cannable said:

I’m confused by this.

We could have extended it to 2020 anyway. 

Payrise to keep him from Stoke?

I think is is just confirmation that the optional contract extension has been used.

If its a payrise than it would be "signs a new contract"

PistoldPete2
7 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

The club obviously value your advice

Yes,  they are clearly hanging on my every word.

4 minutes ago, David said:

*Video contains fruity language if you press play

One of the best signings we will make this summer, so chuffed that he is staying loyal and is so committed. Obviously loves the club and also the added bonus that Judas can't have him. Made my day this....

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Great! We retain one of the best defenders in the Championship for at least another 2 seasons which hopefully also reduces the possibility of John Terry coming to us.

At least on a solely playing capacity.....

Archived