Kasey Palmer - Signed for Blackburn on loan

DarkFruitsRam7

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Why isn’t it?

Because it DOES NOT MATTER THAT SOME PEOPLE THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE TRANSFER NEWS.

Your just over-dramatizing things again.

She's excited about being involved in a reveal with Derby County. So she posts about it. Some cabin-fever suffering Derby fans come to the conclusion that for some bizarre reason an Olympic boxer is going to be involved in revealing a loan deal for Kasey Palmer, and just because they asked her and didn't get a response it's her fault that they are now disappointed?

No. It's not.

She's excited. It would feel pretty shitty if she had to keep telling people that this thing she thinks is great isn't actually as great as other people think it is. 

"I GOT A GREAT DEAL!"

"Is it free?"

"Well... no..."

And let me remind you that for any fans disappointed, this is a disappointment that has literally no consequence and they should get over it.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, DcfcJack said:

What about deadline day for us under Pearson, stayed up all night just to sell Martin and buy anya and Chris Weale, dark days.

Yep, many thought the big signing was going to be Kodjia after John Percy said we were interested, only for it be the Chris Weale ?

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Because it DOES NOT MATTER THAT SOME PEOPLE THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE TRANSFER NEWS.

Your just over-dramatizing things again.

She's excited about being involved in a reveal with Derby County. So she posts about it. Some cabin-fever suffering Derby fans come to the conclusion that for some bizarre reason an Olympic boxer is going to be involved in revealing a loan deal for Kasey Palmer, and just because they asked her and didn't get a response it's her fault that they are now disappointed?

No. It's not.

She's excited. It would feel pretty shitty if she had to keep telling people that this thing she thinks is great isn't actually as great as other people think it is. 

"I GOT A GREAT DEAL!"

"Is it free?"

"Well... no..."

And let me remind you that for any fans disappointed, this is a disappointment that has literally no consequence and they should get over it.

Except people did get a response and she said she can’t reveal it, she could have easily dismissed any rumours by saying it didn’t have anything to do any transfers.

As for me being “over dramatic”, I stated long before the announcement that I thought it would be clothing related, but you can see by people’s reactions on Derby’s twitter feed that they weren’t best pleased with this being the big announcement. Of course, on this occasion the club weren’t the one to announce that there was ‘exciting news’ but it’s natural that people get excited when club employees and rams tv people commented on her post. 

Just now, McLovin said:

Except people did get a response and she said she can’t reveal it, she could have easily dismissed any rumours by saying it didn’t have anything to do any transfers. You can see by people’s reactions on Derby’s twitter feed that they weren’t best pleased with this being the big announcement. Of course, on this occasion the club weren’t the one to announce that there was ‘exciting news’ but it’s natural that people get excited when club employees and rams tv people commented on her post. 

Yes it is natural for people to get excited.

But that doesn't mean that that excitement being misplaced is some scandal. 

Everyone's always got something to complain about and someone to blame. It's just unnecessary.

"Ah well I guess she led us on a bit there." is a perfectly adequate response to such disappointment, followed by immediately moving on.

"Why didn't she tell us that we were wrong earlier?! I BAKED A ducking CAKE! SHE'LL HANG FOR THIS!" (to paraphrase) is not.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Yes it is natural for people to get excited.

But that doesn't mean that that excitement being misplaced is some scandal. 

Everyone's always got something to complain about and someone to blame. It's just unnecessary.

"Ah well I guess she led us on a bit there." is a perfectly adequate response to such disappointment, followed by immediately moving on.

"Why didn't she tell us that we were wrong earlier?! I BAKED A ducking CAKE! SHE'LL HANG FOR THIS!" (to paraphrase) is not.

For what it’s worth I’m agreeing you because a amateur boxer was never going to reveal transfer news but I can understand why some people may be disappointed because of her not denying. As David said she probably found it funny

Just now, McLovin said:

For what it’s worth I’m agreeing you because a amateur boxer was never going to reveal transfer news but I can understand why some people may be disappointed.

Anyone who's disappointment lasted more than a second should give themselves a good slap. 

Im hoping that we will announce 4 players tomorrow - Saw on a different thread that we had agreed deals with 4 Chelsea players - Who they are i dont know. Would make sense if they announced them tomorrow on the first day back. Otherwise again it has been a strange transfer window - Many clubs back for pre-season almost a week before us - No goings or Comings in transfer related news. I just hope that we are sorted for the start of the season, We only have about a month until the first game. In my eyes act early in the window, Dont understand all this waiting on Transfers and backroom staff - Just seems strange....

P.S Can anyone shed any light on the above?

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

To be fair when people asked her, she could have easily stated ‘sorry folks, it’s nothing to do with any signings’ and leave it at that.

Well maybe she has no idea if there are any transfers happening today, what if she said there wasn't any transfers and then we signed someone? Still would get abuse from people. 

9 minutes ago, Topram said:

Looks like both Palmer and Thorne on the wind up 

32 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Maybe got ahead of ourselves ?

We understand Norwich are expected to step up their search for a creative midfielder later this week with a bid for Chelsea’s Kasey Palmer. - Sky

20 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Lol, we will sign someone eventually....honest 

Hmm, is this the beginning of bedwetting I smell?

1 minute ago, ShoreRam said:

Hmm, is this the beginning of bedwetting I smell?

You must be pretty experienced with bedwetting if you can smell it before it happens ?

Archived